flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
"be warned that it features some fruity language "

I just skimmed the video, so I didn't really hear any talking. Are they making Cherry puns or are are they making a gay joke? Either way, you'd think an editor would catch that and say "ehhhh, probably don't write that."

Last edited:

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Naganuma is at the helm for the music? This shit fucking slaps.

EDIT: Wait is this fake or not now???

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I still love SOR3 music. 2 is just better.

I believe for 3 he was doing some experiments in procedural computer assistance while created music or something like that.
The more and more I go back and listen to SoR3s music is the more I appreciate it. I'm starting to even consider putting it on par with SoR2s legendary music. There's just so many layers to the OST in 3. You don't really notice it until you go back, years later, and just sit and listen to it :)

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more and more I go back and listen to SoR3s music is the more I appreciate it. I'm starting to even consider putting it on par with SoR2s legendary music. There's just so many layers to the OST in 3. You don't really notice it until you go back, years later, and just sit and listen to it :)
I'm in the same team. I love some SOR3 tracks.

Also I saw this ealier in the morning thanks to YT algorithm lol

Looks great.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I can't remember the last time I've needed a demo this bad because literally every time I see this game I change my opinion on it. Granted part of it must be because of how good/bad the people playing it are. But watching that footage, it's hard not to think I'll be frustrated playing it the same way I was frustrated playing SoR2.

Only defensive option is the (green) health loss move, guy has fast far reaching move (that fat guy can attack diagonally at a speed faster than you can move), AND lots of enemies on screen at once. As soon as they show that enemies can just randomly walk significantly faster than you to gain positional advantage, I might be out on this game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Holy shit, Naganuma is at the helm for the music? This shit fucking slaps.

EDIT: Wait is this fake or not now???
He's not at the helm, but he's part of the team composing tracks. Full list:

-Yuzo Koshiro
-Motohiro Kawashima
-Yoko Shimomura
-Hideki Naganuma
-Keiji Yamagishi

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
At first I was ambivalent about the lack of running options, but then I remembered that they became a common practice as early as the mid-90s. Mobility is a great thing and a necessary evolution. Lizardcube/Guard Crush better have a damn good reason for going backwards.

Also, I know I'm going to be peeved if it turns out that the harder difficulties are just enemies having boatloads of HP, while the player takes 3X as much damage.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm in the same team. I love some SOR3 tracks.

Also I saw this ealier in the morning thanks to YT algorithm lol

Looks great.

This game looks so good! Definitely picking this up for Switch whenever it drops.

The only concerning thing to me was how much trouble they seemed to have with picking up health/bonus items. Are they doing something weird in terms of collision detection?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only concerning thing to me was how much trouble they seemed to have with picking up health/bonus items. Are they doing something weird in terms of collision detection?
There seems to be a separate button for picking Up items. I suppose that gets rid of the issue of you having to avoid Health items like the plague when fighting at full health and saving them for later in a fight.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
At first I was ambivalent about the lack of running options, but then I remembered that they became a common practice as early as the mid-90s. Mobility is a great thing and a necessary evolution. Lizardcube/Guard Crush better have a damn good reason for going backwards.

Also, I know I'm going to be peeved if it turns out that the harder difficulties are just enemies having boatloads of HP, while the player takes 3X as much damage.
Just like Streets of Rage 3(Bare Knuckle 3 is the opposite of that though).

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It was ahead of its time. Its a great soundtrack. Same goes for SFA3, I like that OST for the same reasons.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks more incredible every time they show something new. I was already 100% onboard when they announced the game but the more I see of the game the more I feel we have something special here.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
From the very beginning this looked like some of the best 2D art in a game. People were crazy to say it looked like a flash game.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
This game looks so good! Definitely picking this up for Switch whenever it drops.

Picking up items is a different button from using them. It takes a minute or two to get used to.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Choppy compressed gifs ahoy!
sor4art00421kzd.gif

sor4art00517ko3.gif

Love the variety in locations. That epic city skyline!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As far as backgrounds go, I wish they had taken a page from the color palette of the original games.

RdBfABD.gif

This is from their own video, and I couldn't help but think how much I prefer the look of SOR2.