• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
so, the bottom left rank that activates hit squads: that resets? daily or something?

and mastery/tiers: completely unrelated, just keep doing X icon elseworld missions at higher difficulties to unlock higher difficulties?

Feb 16, 2022
so, the bottom left rank that activates hit squads: that resets? daily or something?

and mastery/tiers: completely unrelated, just keep doing X icon elseworld missions at higher difficulties to unlock higher difficulties?
As far as I know, the hit squad challenges reset/refresh every session.

As for Mastery, yeah, just keep doing the three Incursion-type missions at higher and higher level.

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

Feb 16, 2022
Any tips for doing higher Mastery Incursions? I'm trying to do the Ivy one at MR13 difficulty but the modifier that heals enemies every time they damage us keeps making me fail the mission. Just can't kill enemies fast enough before they heal back.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Any tips for doing higher Mastery Incursions? I'm trying to do the Ivy one at MR13 difficulty but the modifier that heals enemies every time they damage us keeps making me fail the mission. Just can't kill enemies fast enough before they heal back.
I don't honestly remember what the modifiers are...but a build that I have that's at Mastery Level 75 and I assume can keep going, is Joker-based.
Everything into burn, traversal attack damage, traversal generation + the villain synergy that means that when an enemy is afflicted they get poisoned. Mixes Tier 1 Scarecrow with some pink items. If you really want I can send the full load out later today. But you should be able to get to 50+ with a non-optimized version that just focuses on burn/spreading burn which turns to poison, and traversal attacks. The loop is to throw a Diablo nade at a group of enemies, stay in the air, use traversal attack, shoot with a shotgun a couple of times to get traversal attack back, repeat. If you need nades, there's a skill tree choice that drops 3 nades when you do the ultimate.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to level up mostly everything in talent or are there limited points? I am undecided on what route I want to take with the talent pool.

Feb 16, 2022
I don't honestly remember what the modifiers are...but a build that I have that's at Mastery Level 75 and I assume can keep going, is Joker-based.
Everything into burn, traversal attack damage, traversal generation + the villain synergy that means that when an enemy is afflicted they get poisoned. Mixes Tier 1 Scarecrow with some pink items. If you really want I can send the full load out later today. But you should be able to get to 50+ with a non-optimized version that just focuses on burn/spreading burn which turns to poison, and traversal attacks. The loop is to throw a Diablo nade at a group of enemies, stay in the air, use traversal attack, shoot with a shotgun a couple of times to get traversal attack back, repeat. If you need nades, there's a skill tree choice that drops 3 nades when you do the ultimate.
Sorry, I actually meant for Finite Crisis instead of Fear. I'm still trying to get to Tier 3 Bane gears.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Sorry, I actually meant for Finite Crisis instead of Fear. I'm still trying to get to Tier 3 Bane gears.
For that one, I think just going with Craze on your way up. I remember doing Mastery 50 with every character by just equipping random Bane gear (My memory is Tier 1 > Tier 2?), and again, focusing on Traversal attacks + nades. Boomer definitely just had infinite Traversal uptime when paired with region on crits + a shotgun like Stacked deck, and I remember being surprised how quick. It can help a lot to re-roll useless stats like "damage to freezing enemies" to something that actually works with your build (like 30-50% traversal attack damage to crazed enemies) etc. But don't go overboard with re-rolls until you zero in on your exact build.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is it possible to level up mostly everything in talent or are there limited points? I am undecided on what route I want to take with the talent pool.
Character skill tree, you pick one per row.
Squad skill tree is never-ending, so focus on the important stuff early, but know you'll *eventually* (if this game doesn't turn off 1/2 through planned seasons) be able to get all the stuff you want. I think I currently have Crit Chance/Crit Dmg/Traversal Damage/Traversal Resource Generation fully levelled up.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Character skill tree, you pick one per row.
Squad skill tree is never-ending, so focus on the important stuff early, but know you'll *eventually* (if this game doesn't turn off 1/2 through planned seasons) be able to get all the stuff you want. I think I currently have Crit Chance/Crit Dmg/Traversal Damage/Traversal Resource Generation fully levelled up.

I might go for those as well, thanks!

Feb 16, 2022
I'm surprised that the reaction for this game has changed so much. Before Season 1, the general consensus from actual players seemed to be "hey the game's actually quite fun, and the gameplay is pretty solid". Now I keep seeing people say "the gameplay has actually always been awful".

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Woof.
www.suicidesquadgame.com

Developer Update - April 19th

The creators of the Batman: Arkham series are back with a brand new action-adventure shooter. The most dangerous villains in the DC Universe have been forced to team up and take on a new mission: Kill the Justice League. Create Chaos in Metropolis. You are the Suicide Squad. Coming in 2023 to...

I'm surprised that the reaction for this game has changed so much. Before Season 1, the general consensus from actual players seemed to be "hey the game's actually quite fun, and the gameplay is pretty solid". Now I keep seeing people say "the gameplay has actually always been awful".
Well, the campaign and Season 0 had fun gameplay, outside of mission variety - it felt like a good base for them to add onto. It also felt like they hadn't really expected players to be able to grind past Mastery 50.

Season 1, we assume, is a blueprint for the rest of the game's life, and it's clear that there's no focus on new missions, or story, and most of the new gear pieces don't meaningfully change the gameplay loop, they just change the keywords/how to deal with arbitrarily restrictive modifiers. And the higher Mastery missions kind of revolve around the same strategies, just with a different name - there's so many enemies, you basically just spec into nades/Traversal attacks. Last season it was Craze, then Burn, now it's Burn/Poison.

It felt like the kind of game that a year after release could have built up a lot of good content, a lot of variety, and a lot of play styles. Now that just doesn't feel realistic.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what is planned for the midseason. But, I think we'll get a bigger season 2 update. I didn't expect much from season 1 since it was very close to launch, but season 2 will have had a lot more time to be cooked and (I am presuming) less bugs to be stomped.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I don't know what is planned for the midseason. But, I think we'll get a bigger season 2 update. I didn't expect much from season 1 since it was very close to launch, but season 2 will have had a lot more time to be cooked and (I am presuming) less bugs to be stomped.
I like your optimism, but I don't share it. I have to assume both Episode 1 and 2 were finished pre-launch. It seems wild to me that they'd release an underwhelming first part of the season in a live service game, when you're trying to establish that it's worth coming back again and again to this. Plus, we've already seen the overview for Season 1 (the roadmap image), and there's nothing substantial that's still to be revealed for Episode 2 beyond more weapons/gear.

Oct 25, 2017
I like your optimism, but I don't share it. I have to assume both Episode 1 and 2 were finished pre-launch. It seems wild to me that they'd release an underwhelming first part of the season in a live service game, when you're trying to establish that it's worth coming back again and again to this. Plus, we've already seen the overview for Season 1 (the roadmap image), and there's nothing substantial that's still to be revealed for Episode 2 beyond more weapons/gear.

I don't know why you'd assume episode 1 and 2 were already done. They quite literally said they were working on season 1 after launch in a blog update. And I think it's safe to presume they haven't had great project management given the long length of development. My outlook isn't optimistic, it's just practical. I'm not talking about episode 2, I am talking about episode 3 aka season 2.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't know why you'd assume episode 1 and 2 were already done. They quite literally said they were working on season 1 after launch in a blog update. And I think it's safe to presume they haven't had great project management given the long length of development. My outlook isn't optimistic, it's just practical. I'm not talking about episode 2, I am talking about episode 3 aka season 2.
I'd say that all available evidence shows no reason to be optimistic about future seasons. Doesn't mean they won't be, but they're not off to a great start.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Having to unlock Joker really took the wind out of the sails. Had a coworker that was waiting til Joker came out, but has held off because he thought he'd be able to just play him. While it doesn't take a horribly long time to unlock, it wasn't trivial and it really did nothing to help the game unless you were already on board with the gameplay loop.

Throw that on top of the "seasons continue the story" to basically get one cutscene, and it's really easy to see why people aren't optimistic. With the roadmap for the rest of season 1 out, there's got to be something really cool and surprising happening to get peoples interest back.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for asking a question that I'm sure has been answered:

When I was farming to get to Episode Fear tier 35 for Joker, I was able to get unlock a new tier for every run on Imposter Syndrome.

Since getting Joker, it now says Mastery and I can complete it on level 3 mastery. Repeating that gives no further rewards for the Episode Fear tiers.

Do I need to do what I did for Episode Finite Crisis and go around in a circle and complete other missions to boost the mastery level to be able to keep unlocking rewards now? I'm sure the answer is yes to this but I just want to double check.

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for asking a question that I'm sure has been answered:

When I was farming to get to Episode Fear tier 35 for Joker, I was able to get unlock a new tier for every run on Imposter Syndrome.

Since getting Joker, it now says Mastery and I can complete it on level 3 mastery. Repeating that gives no further rewards for the Episode Fear tiers.

Do I need to do what I did for Episode Finite Crisis and go around in a circle and complete other missions to boost the mastery level to be able to keep unlocking rewards now? I'm sure the answer is yes to this but I just want to double check.

Your max mastery level is based off your top 3 incursions. So in other words you need to do other incursions to unlock further difficulty.

Oct 27, 2017
Count me as one of the few who likes the game more than most. Not just in relation to this game but I have a high tolerance for repetition if the gameplay is fun and enjoyable which it certainly is here.

That being said, one of the things that's hard to compromise on is the QOL of life stuff. I'd happily keep playing this game with no qualms if at the very least they let you delete gear on the mission reward screen (which doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to implement given that you can already breakdown gear when you open loot crates) if you could sort/filter gear in the loadout screen, and if they gave you some sort of independent stash.

The fact that they don't address any of that in the latest update is extremely disappointing. That update reads like the "this is fine" meme.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Your max mastery level is based off your top 3 incursions. So in other words you need to do other incursions to unlock further difficulty.
Yes I know that. My question is do I need to do other incursions to increase the mastery level in order to keep getting the rewards, since before unlocking Joker I could just play the same level over and over again and unlock a new tier for the episode's rewards but that's no longer happening.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I know that. My question is do I need to do other incursions to increase the mastery level in order to keep getting the rewards, since before unlocking Joker I could just play the same level over and over again and unlock a new tier for the episode's rewards but that's no longer happening.

I never tried doing the same level just to get an episode level after unlocking mastery. But, I think you get 1 fear level for each mastery level you complete above the your previous highest. So if your highest is 3 and you do a 6, then you get 3 levels.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I never tried doing the same level just to get an episode level after unlocking mastery. But, I think you get 1 fear level for each mastery level you complete above the your previous highest. So if your highest is 3 and you do a 6, then you get 3 levels.
Thanks, that's what I figured. It was working before unlocking Joker but since unlocking Mastery I haven't gotten an episode level from replaying the one level. I guess I'll go do the other incursions while grinding out to Squad Level 50 / the platinum trophy.

Thanks again!

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
www.suicidesquadgame.com

Developer Update - April 26th

The creators of the Batman: Arkham series are back with a brand new action-adventure shooter. The most dangerous villains in the DC Universe have been forced to team up and take on a new mission: Kill the Justice League. Create Chaos in Metropolis. You are the Suicide Squad. Coming in 2023 to...

Another great upcoming patch on paper, but as always, delivery will be key.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Honestly, feels way too late. All of these things were pretty easy to identify at release as problems - inventory, in every possible way, frustrating mutators/limited builds, lack of incentive to keep grinding once you hit Mastery 35, etc. They all needed to change, but needed to change early on. What's needed now is interesting new missions and the tweaks to incursions/world difficulty don't seem like much of a draw for lapsed players.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Honestly, feels way too late. All of these things were pretty easy to identify at release as problems - inventory, in every possible way, frustrating mutators/limited builds, lack of incentive to keep grinding once you hit Mastery 35, etc. They all needed to change, but needed to change early on. What's needed now is interesting new missions and the tweaks to incursions/world difficulty don't seem like much of a draw for lapsed players.
I couldn't see inventory mentioned in the notes - what are they saying about that?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I am going to have the power to get to squad level 150 fort he trophy at all. I hope inventory management is discussed in those notes. Haven't had the moment to go through the notes to check.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
I couldn't see inventory mentioned in the notes - what are they saying about that?
That you'll be able to break down items after mission completion and this is the first of many inventory related changes apparently.

Next patch seems like it'll have some good changes overall. There's still a lot of things to address, but it's good they're still meaningfully acknowledging stuff like this.

Seen a lot of games that bomb super hard and then coast to their expiration date without attempting to fix any real complaints or radically shift the core in meaningful ways since there really isn't a point.

Oct 25, 2017
www.suicidesquadgame.com

Developer Update - April 26th

Another great upcoming patch on paper, but as always, delivery will be key.

Looks solid so far. Looking forward to hearing more.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Oh yeah, whole heartedly agree. This sounds like a great (again, on paper) upcoming patch, but it's really good for us still playing. I don't see anything here that's gonna make people that have given up to come back, and at this point that's what they really need.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
That you'll be able to break down items after mission completion and this is the first of many inventory related changes apparently.

Next patch seems like it'll have some good changes overall. There's still a lot of things to address, but it's good they're still meaningfully acknowledging stuff like this.

Seen a lot of games that bomb super hard and then coast to their expiration date without attempting to fix any real complaints or radically shift the core in meaningful ways since there really isn't a point.
Thanks very much! Good changes.

Feb 16, 2022
I'm trying to do the Fear season stuff, but these +2 Mandatory Global Warming missions are just impossible to finish. Particularly the last stage, where you have to hold off an insane number of enemies, including several tanky Brutes, before the scan meter is full and you fail the mission. There's just no way to take down all the enemies fast enough to hold off the meter. I feel like I'm properly geared, but the Brutes just take forever to kill. I couldn't even kill 1 without the others throwing me around so much I lost track of which one was closer to death.

This feels like such an impossible task. Anyone got any tips? Am I doing anything wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm trying to do the Fear season stuff, but these +2 Mandatory Global Warming missions are just impossible to finish. Particularly the last stage, where you have to hold off an insane number of enemies, including several tanky Brutes, before the scan meter is full and you fail the mission. There's just no way to take down all the enemies fast enough to hold off the meter. I feel like I'm properly geared, but the Brutes just take forever to kill. I couldn't even kill 1 without the others throwing me around so much I lost track of which one was closer to death.

This feels like such an impossible task. Anyone got any tips? Am I doing anything wrong?
I don't remember any mission being particularly tough, but general advice for missions:
1 always scan enemies, to see if they are highlighted differently (sometimes it's only red outlined enemies that count towards the mission objective).
2 if this mission involves a meter, maybe you have to focus on enemies close to the thing that's progressing the scan meter?
3 for brutes, stacked deck shotgun is pretty great to do massive amounts of damage quickly. Debuff them with that, then switch to abiilities or other weapon. If they are the type of brutes that have multiple life bars/explode, use traversal attacks/suicide strikes to interrupt that animation.

Feb 16, 2022
I don't remember any mission being particularly tough, but general advice for missions:
1 always scan enemies, to see if they are highlighted differently (sometimes it's only red outlined enemies that count towards the mission objective).
2 if this mission involves a meter, maybe you have to focus on enemies close to the thing that's progressing the scan meter?
3 for brutes, stacked deck shotgun is pretty great to do massive amounts of damage quickly. Debuff them with that, then switch to abiilities or other weapon. If they are the type of brutes that have multiple life bars/explode, use traversal attacks/suicide strikes to interrupt that animation.
For 1 and 2, I know which enemies I need to take down to get the meter down(they also show up with a unique icon on the minimap), it's mostly the rate at which the meter goes up vs the enemies going down, there were like 3-4 purple-HP bars Brutes jumping all over the place on top of everything else going on.

I finally did it by lowering the Metropolis Invasion difficulty level, I was doing it at Invasion 5. I guess for non-Incursion missions, they all use Invasion level as the difficulty setting.