SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.konami.com/games/genso/

Before today's update, the last time an update was posted on the website was on June 18, 2014, when the "Best Collection" version of Suikoden I & II for PSP was made available as a free trial for PlayStation Plus subscribers in Japan. Before that, the last update was on November 21, 2012, when the "PSP the Best" version of Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki was dated in Japan.

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/suikoden-series-portal-website-relaunched

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I can deal with the disappointment when they release a mobile gacha game. If anything, Suikoden is so obvious for that type of game. Pull random rare boxes until you get all 108. They can even reuse a ton of old art.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be way too optimistic and say those look like they would make great Switch icons.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
This is Konami, so I wouldn't put too much faith in anything good.

EDIT: "good" as in a new console game. At best we might be getting a port or an announcement that Suikoden 1 or 2 is coming on the PS Classic.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Likely a collection of some sort, but I won't complain. It's a great series, so any signs of life are good to see.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Eh Konami just let it rest. I already gave up on the main series continuing.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my God. PLEASE don't be some Tierkreis/PSP tier title, please!

It's probably a gach game, isn't it.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I really would love to have a Suikoden 6. I fear that we'll get a mobile game ;(

It would be great if 1, 2, and 5 were playable on PS4. I'm currently playing through 1 and 2 on my Vita again.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I think a gacha filled bullshit sequel on mobile phones is just the soul crushing thing I need right now. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see something substantial out of this. Ideally not mobile, but TBH there are some flavors of mobile I could handle if done well.

Expect that this was just Konami updating the look and feel of their website.

It could even be a port of Tierkreis to Android and it'd be better than nothing.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, goddammit, don't give me these slivers of hope, Konami. I can't bear it.

I had found a modicum of acceptance after having been beaten down by the decade of neglect.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They should all be available. 3's just the one I haven't played since it came out.

Agreed, and fair.
3's jsut the only mainline Suikoden game I never finished. Not because it's bad (that goes to 4 even though I actually finished it because I didnt want th game to beat me), but because I thought it was almost mind numbingly boring. Started it multiple times and quit half way through every single one if them. :(

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, and fair.
3's jsut the only mainline Suikoden game I never finished. Not because it's bad (that goes to 4 even though I actually finished it because I didnt want th game to beat me), but because I thought it was almost mind numbingly boring. Started it multiple times and quit half way through every single one if them. :(

That's too bad ending is pretty great.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lets think about this logically for a moment.

Is there ANY reason for Suikoden to come back in any form now? Far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a resurgence of any kind like there was with Castlevania, right? The only thing I keep coming back to is that theyre doing this out of the goodness of their hearts but like... it's fucking Konami, so that's laughable.

Suikoden Gaiden visual novel re-release.

For the Vita.

Put it on the NGaige and you got yourself a deal!

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Suikoden Gaiden visual novel re-release.

For the Vita.
HappygoluckyUntriedBluebird-size_restricted.gif