• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TMzbjxM.png

Summer Games Done Quick 2018 is a 7-day event (from June 24th - July 1st) benefiting the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Featuring over 150 events, SGDQ 2018 runs continuously throughout every hour of every day over this coming week, in an effort to raise the most money possible for Doctors Without Borders.
More, a number of bonus events are locked behind donation milestones and different events have various prizes that donators can win as an added incentive.

Every year, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides emergency medical care to millions of people caught in crises in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF provides assistance when catastrophic events—such as armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, or natural disasters—overwhelm local health systems. MSF also assists people who face discrimination or neglect from their local health systems or when populations are otherwise excluded from health care.

MSF is a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization that aims first and foremost to provide high-quality medical care to the people who need it the most. It does not promote the agenda of any country, political party, or religious faith, and, as such, endeavors to communicate its history, background, and capabilities to all parties in a given situation so that it may gain the necessary access to populations in need.

The Doctors Without Borders charter can be viewed HERE.

They maintain a 4 star Charity Navigator rating that may be viewed HERE.

aMVkYNP.png

GDQ has partnered with Twitch.tv to stream this whole event.​

This schedule is converted to your local time, no having to deal with timezones!​

Don't forget to check out the Prize Index and Bid Index to see incentives and prizes you can win just by donating!

Missed a run? Here you will find the VODs for past runs. You can also find VODs via youtube at Games Done Quick's Official Youtube page. (Now live!)

Once again we'll be using Discord to discuss the marathon! Jump on in and be sure to check out the rules before spamming.

Click the SPONSORS banner to view the official list of Merch sponsors including The Yetee and FanGamer!
Thanks to TUSR and NormalFish for putting together the thread. If you have any suggestions, please contact Fish in the Discord linked above. Enjoy the marathon!

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably year 5 or 6 for me? I'm not sure. I adore these events, they're great to just leave on in the background all week. SGDQ HYYYYPEEE

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best moment of the year.

Even since I discovered AGDQ it becomes my go to thing for the whole week.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
One of the best schedules in a long time. Lots of awesome games, new games, interesting games and more.

But I have SO MUCH work this week that the runs I will be able to watch will probably be because of the invincible frames from the damage skip =|
May the VODs be my guide

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ how does AGDQ and SGDQ both pop up out of fucking nowhere for me?

Great news.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
And there goes any and all productivity I might have indulged in for the next week.

OP
OP
Envelope

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of these years i will sneak in my "VERY awesome games done at INCREDIBLE hihg speed" titles but alas it was not this year

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, glad im getting my studying out of the way over the weekend

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
One of these years i will sneak in my "VERY awesome games done at INCREDIBLE hihg speed" titles but alas it was not this year

This one is already packed. Monday has that glorious Enter the Gungeon, Dustforce, Axiom Verge block right next to a classic Megaman block with 3 very underplayed megamans

And we have a big chance of TWO celeste (indie GOTY 2018) runs this time!

OP
OP
Envelope

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this time around they've got a lot of new and fun stuff so it should be a great time, glad they're mixing it up a bit more now.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7:57 PM DOOM (2016) jeromegood
0:50:00 Any% — PC AnEternalEnigma
8:57 PM Resident Evil 4 JTB
1:40:00 New Game, Professional — PC AnEternalEnigma
10:47 PM Ninja Gaiden Black MikeKanis
2:20:00 Any% Normal — Xbox Yen24

giphy.gif

D1 stacked as hell :D

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like it was only yesterday that AGDQ was happening, I had a great time watching that this year. Can't wait to watch as much of SGDQ as I can this year.

Great game lineup this year too, should be a fun one!

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Tons of Mega Man, not too many races (and some of them are cool races, like the Mario ones), a few weird surprises like the Yellow/Red combo run and the OoT bingo run, a few RPGs -- this is looking like it'll be a darn good event, if I dare say so! Goof Troop, Getting Over It, and Cuphead are sure to be great runs, too. There's a lot of great stuff on the schedule this year.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I always love watching these. Looking forward to it!

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
TMR vs Cuphead will be very interesting to watch. I'm probably not going to watch as much SGDQ this year but the Ninja Gaiden Black, the races (Shantae and The Pirate's Curse, SMB 3, Mario Maker 2 teams blindfold run), and quite a few others intrigue me. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 should be another good one along with Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. There's longer game runs this time around from the looks of it.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be hard to catch in some american time zones, but all around great human being Dan Olson is doing an Amy Any% Run on the 26th at 3am PDT. You might know Dan from his youtube channel Folding Ideas, one of the small handful of movie youtubers worth watching alongside Lessons From the Screenplay and Lindsay Ellis.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
It that time of the year again! Man felt like AGDQ was only a short while ago, how the time flies.

Love how they keep shaking things up for the finale.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I would've known before reading this post I would've attended, it's only 15 minutes from me. I'll definitely catch it on twitch though!

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Aside from how much I love watching these, another reason I look forward to the "XGDQs" is that some of my favorite shirts come out then...and usually by Nina Matsumoto. The Nier Automata shirt I bought last time is one that I still routinely wear and get a ton of compliments on.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I'm a bit confused...

Summer Games Done Quick 2018 is a 7-day event (from June 24th - July 1st) benefiting the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Featuring over 150 events, SGDQ 2018 runs continuously throughout every hour of every day over this coming week, in an effort to raise the most money possible for Doctors Without Borders.

I guess it's Doctors Without Borders that is correct though as the AGDQ usually is for the cancer foundation?

Oct 27, 2017
TMR vs Cuphead will be very interesting to watch. I'm probably not going to watch as much SGDQ this year but the Ninja Gaiden Black, the races (Shantae and The Pirate's Curse, SMB 3, Mario Maker 2 teams blindfold run), and quite a few others intrigue me. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 should be another good one along with Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. There's longer game runs this time around from the looks of it.

Unfortunately the NGB normal mode speedrun is not super crazy because the game is fairly exploit and sequence break resistant, though there are some neat little sequence breaks. The boss strats are cool too. It's all stuff that's fun to incorporate in a normal playthrough.

but it's mostly skipping past fights and a reallllly long resource management run in order to have enough max hp and potions so he can skip the oxygen mask in the water level.

Glad he got the game in though, the more eyes on it, the better! Hopefully it goes well and one of the two top players right now can get in a Master Ninja Mode speedrun in, if they wanted. Now that shit is bonkers.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SGDQ literally owns my TV screen all week long.

Hyped for another great week!

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Why am I being advertised some youtube channel in the SGDQ Thread? :/

Super hyped for this event as always. My only frustration is that this thread was made and it's not currently on! lol

Edit: It is on now!!! Best day ever!

Last edited: