• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Eh, going for this first episode LP is super promising, great video all around. I'm iffy on KOTOR, but even that could turn out pretty good.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, depends how long he spends in Seabass' room for the last time

They put too many links back to that room\too easy to get to. (The game devs). I did the literal same thing Pat does...Constantly going into Seb's office because there's always mirrors.

Especially when you do all your upgrades, walk out, get a kill that's magically worth like 2k slime, then run back into the mirror to use it again.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first 10 min of Mario Odyssey, and genuinely, if you have any desire to play the game, I would hold off on the LP.

I feel like I just lost the first "fun" moment.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh What!? The drought is over and we're being flooded right now. I can't even remember them even playing a mario platformer for a video before.

They did at least 2 Machinima episodes on New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World. If I remember correctly they did a multi-part episode of New Super Mario Bros. U for their own channel as well.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they played mario during the christmas episode too, along with throwing baby Moses into the river

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Mario jumps on things.

Honestly neither of these two new LPs seem like they'll be nearly as good as the Evil Within 2 one.

They put too many links back to that room\too easy to get to. (The game devs). I did the literal same thing Pat does...Constantly going into Seb's office because there's always mirrors.

Especially when you do all your upgrades, walk out, get a kill that's magically worth like 2k slime, then run back into the mirror to use it again.

It'd make more sense if they weren't playing it on a pretty easy mode. As it is the the arenas aren't hard enough that it's even really necessary to go back to stock up. Pat mentions being completely out of ammo after every shootout even though he usually still has enough to kill a small army.

Pat was asking on Twitter earlier how much longer they had, got answers ranging from like 20 minutes to 5 hours, haha.

I'd say about 2 more parts as well too though, maybe 3 depending on how they split them.

Pretty sure it's like an hour and a half left at least, even if they're not dying much.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Star wars

giphy.gif

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly neither of these two new LPs seem like they'll be nearly as good as the Evil Within 2 one.
KOTOR will probably payoff later on, but yeah, I don't think these two LPs would have as many great moments or anywhere near the vibe that TEW2 has. And they really couldn't, because both KOTOR and Odyssey are known to be great games, so we won't have that rising enthusiasm and engagement with the game as it impresses them.

Oct 25, 2017
KOTOR will probably payoff later on, but yeah, I don't think these two LPs would have as many great moments or anywhere near the vibe that TEW2 has. And they really couldn't, because both KOTOR and Odyssey are known to be great games, so we won't have that rising enthusiasm and engagement with the game as it impresses them.

I knew TEW2 was a great game!

A lone man trying to let the world know the truth.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
yeyeyeyeyeyeah, sega saturn

Weird timing on this, since I was recently playing through Golden Axe: Beast Rider

Also, I remember betting on that wizard and Death Adder from Saltybets

Also also, they're hyping up Panchos a bit too much. I'm not sure he'd look so hot if they'd put him up against a character with a decent projectile

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched matt's Doki Doki Lit club stream... fuck. I expected some weird shit to go down, but uhh... that was still quite the surprise.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Aside from an element of surprise I think it's more that both these games don't play as well on Stream. I remember KOTOR having a fair amount of fairly rote combat and and a decent amount of reading, while Mario's core gameplay is very good and it's charming, but IMO the game doesn't really have a lot going on beyond that.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
they aint being played on stream

OF COURSE EMOJIS ARE THE FIRST HIEROGLYPHICS

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they aint being played on stream

OF COURSE EMOJIS ARE THE FIRST HIEROGLYPHICS

"As you can see from this line of hieroglyphics here, there used to be fat dinosaurs that chased the queens and princesses of Egypt. They must have had a plague, as there's a lot of turtle skeletons right here next to that. I believe there might have been giants, as there's this picture here of a man jumping on what looks to be small children. We believe he was a bully."

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
What is Mario even doing with his life?

Bowser showing up in his pimp-ass suit with his fly shoes, got a whole wedding put together, looking to do right by Peach over the whole Koopa Kids deal.

Mario just schlupping around in his overalls at a wedding reception even though he hasn't been a plumber for years.

Fuck it, Peach, just marry Bowser. Mario's more interested in go-carting in his 50's, he ain't worth it.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017

Always good when a video starts off with a "So about that important thing we missed..." kinda intro.

Oct 25, 2017
Been really looking forward to this episode. This stuff is so hype.

It's a shame Pat doesn't have some kind of flame throwing instrument...you know something that throws flames...

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Been really looking forward to this episode. This stuff is so hype.

It's a shame Pat doesn't have some kind of flame throwing instrument...you know something that throws flames...

He did realize that after the fact, but to be fair he beat the
Laura
boss fight pretty handily anyway.
I did it with the flamethrower for the achievement, but it on Nightmare it takes more than all your fuel so you might as well do it using the environment.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Pat was totally on point about Pyra's design in today's Xenoblade 2 stream (which I popped into for a few minutes, then left because the game's fucking boring). I expect his thoughts to be repeated on the podcast.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
With regards to Force Push versus Force Choke: my assumption would be that Choke requires quite a bit more fine control, as Push by default seems more like a "wave" of force just indiscriminately launched in someone's direction. The equivalent of using Push that way would be more like a gigantic hand squeezing their entire body, like some sort of Force Crunch.

Which would be rad.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
God, I forgot how much of a buzzkill Carth is if you even think about going dark side. Wish Bioware had enough foresight to let you pick between two starting teammates so everyone that wanted to be a dick didn't have to be stuck with that dope.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to Force Push versus Force Choke: my assumption would be that Choke requires quite a bit more fine control, as Push by default seems more like a "wave" of force just indiscriminately launched in someone's direction. The equivalent of using Push that way would be more like a gigantic hand squeezing their entire body, like some sort of Force Crunch.

Which would be rad.

Then KOTOR 2 is the game for you because you are describing force crush!

The strongest single target force power, literally lift them up, and marvel as you make their chest/body more compact!

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
omikron might be the best SBFs LP

It's everything the best friends are about, and all three of them are needed

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
"... i dunno if this was ever mentioned, but we're in this temple to resurrect a mummy..."

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
Star Exorcist on Matt's stream and why she can't join Super Best Friends, "I'd be the good short one and the good black one, so what would be the point of Pat and Woolie?"

MIC DROP.