• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

GfK Entertainment - "Super Mario 3D World” führt Europas Games-Halbjahrescharts 2021 an

"Super Mario 3D World” dominiert Europas Games-Halbjahrescharts 2021, ermittelt von GfK Entertainment
Super Mario 3D World tops Europe's half-year games charts in 2021

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury was the best-selling game across Europe in the first six month.

The video game hero Mario is showing no signs of fatigue even after 36 years, in fact quite the opposite: his current adventure Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is posting staggering sales this year and was the best-selling game across Europe in the first six months. An exclusive special analysis by GfK Entertainment has revealed that the Nintendo Switch title has taken the half-year lead in Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland and the UK and secured a podium place in six of the 19 other countries surveyed.

Unsurprisingly, the FIFA series also figured at the top of the half-year standings: FIFA 21, the new football simulation installment, was Europe's second most successful game between January and June and headed the charts in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain and Sweden. Other top sellers were the racing game Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (nine top 3 places), the block by block building game Minecraft (six top 3 places) and the Open World-stunner GTA V (five top 3 places).

The basis of the special survey was sales of video and PC games in the physical markets of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

games_1halbjahr20210kk0r.jpeg

thanks to sebbbbe_WiiG for posting the news in the PAL sales thread.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Mario Kart 9 ain't happening anytime soon until the Succ is released.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Good god, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

This is why Nintendo games never go down in price

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
MK8 is such an incredible game from top to bottom. The level of polish and creativity in the levels have made them some fo my favorite from any game, and the soundtrack is one of the few times I'd ever use the phrase GOAT.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Wow, didn't expect 3D World + BF to sell that much. It's an amazing pack though so deserved.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Deserved! And it's good that this game is getting the redemption it needed. It certainly did for me. When it first released it wasn't what I wanted, but know I loved it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
And people keep asking for Kart 9 when 8 does this insane...

Is this how the "Switch Pro" folks feel when someone tells them that the Switch Pro isn't necessary because the current Switch is selling gangbusters?

I mean, Mario Kart 8 was a great game in 2014 but it's been over seven years at this point, the largest gap between entries in franchise history.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Is this how the "Switch Pro" folks feel when someone tells them that the Switch Pro isn't necessary because the current Switch is selling gangbusters?

I mean, Mario Kart 8 was a great game in 2014 but it's been over seven years at this point, the largest gap between entries in franchise history.

I don't know what you are talking about. MK8 came out in 2017, the Wii u never existed.