Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently I saw a French ad I think posted that implied Elephant Mario would be unique to him and rhe others would have unique transformation?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all have no idea how excited I was seeing this thread bumped ugh I need my FIX god damn it!

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Honestly, I just rewatched this trailer and despite all the talk about Zelda, Baldur's Gate3, Spidey 2 and Starfield…this is my sleeper pick for GotY.

It reminds me so much of Super Mario World in the best ways. Nintendo honestly can't be touched as a developer.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw it on Twitter with a screen shot and forgot to save it, was wondering if anyone else saw it

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Apparently I saw a French ad I think posted that implied Elephant Mario would be unique to him and rhe others would have unique transformation?
Y'all have no idea how excited I was seeing this thread bumped ugh I need my FIX god damn it!

I really want new info on this now.
F3G7WYhWEAE5z16
F3G7WiWXYAAb6jq

Source

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
Portuguese here. It does say each character will turn into something different, so your understanding is right.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a misreading. In the first caption Mario is treated as the subject not because there's anything unique but because he's the default player character. The second caption just says everyone can use new powerups but doesn't imply that they are anything different. We've already seen a new powerup used by multiple characters in the hat glider.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely hate the vocal in the overworld track, they managed to get a sample worse than the Bahs lol.

I, for one, enjoy the overworld theme… The soft, saccharine vibes really make you feel like you're playing a paper towel commercial!

For real, though — even if I end up not vibing with the music, it still has a LOT more personality than NSMB's trite, tired tracks.

Gotta say, though, I really hope Wonder decides to ditch the whole "single overworld theme, single underground theme, etc." shit, which, much like lives, seems to have remained a staple of 2D Mario purely for the sake of tradition. If there isn't more song variety in Wonder, its tunes will get old fast, no matter how charming.

In any case, between this and Mario Odyssey, it's clear that Nintendo isn't afraid to shake up the series' identity on occasion. They've come a long way in that regard!

EvaUnit787

Aug 6, 2023
I love that Nintendo has that voucher/discount system and I already have this game and Super Mario RPG waiting to be redeemed and loaded.

Jan 15, 2019
I'm probably reading far too much into it, but that wording "characters in the series like…" stood out to me. Almost like it could be leaving out some characters…

But again, that's probably just me coping because I really want Rosalina to be in this

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the selling points of this game ends up being that it has a large roster of playable characters, both as a base roster and as unlockables. Like, on par with your typical Mario Party in terms of character options.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably reading far too much into it, but that wording "characters in the series like…" stood out to me. Almost like it could be leaving out some characters…

But again, that's probably just me coping because I really want Rosalina to be in this
Why would "characters in the series" mean it's leaving out characters?

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the selling points of this game ends up being that it has a large roster of playable characters, both as a base roster and as unlockables. Like, on par with your typical Mario Party game in terms of character options.
I think there will be at least three unlockable characters, with one that is brand new to the series(and I do not think it's that Wiggler Prince).

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
It's all in English on the US site too - https://supermariobroswonder.nintendo.com/.

The official English versions are:
Characters and Power-Ups
Choose from familiar characters like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, and Toad, then transform them with new Power-Ups.
Transform into Elephant Mario and use your trunk to trounce enemies!
In that order as two separate statements.

I don't think the second sentence is supposed to suggest the Elephant powerup is Mario-exclusive, and I don't think the first is suggesting they all have unique powerups.

I think it's noteworthy that (at least from what I could find in a quick look) on other multiplayer Mario game websites they're pretty careful to not use phrases like "Elephant Mario" and they instead just use the name of the powerup itself. So I don't think the theory is without merit, but I also don't think there's enough there to suggest it's not just because they only showed Mario's elephant transformation in the trailer and they don't want to reveal anything new at all outside of the trailers. Does anyone know whether other websites have used "Elephant Mario"-like phrases in the past when referring to games where multiple characters can use the powerup?

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
maybe all the characters turn into Elephant Mario, with each character having a more agonizing and lengthy transformation animation than the last, have we considered this?

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
The fruit shown was specifically an elephant, so I think whichever character eats it will just turn into an elephant, but maybe with their own unique style. Sort of how Tanooki Luigi looked a bit more like a fox when using a leaf in 3D world, but still functioned the same. Especially if that fountain (which is made of elephant statues) has some sort of water spraying mechanic, which they'll all need to be able to do. Maybe something to do with watering flowers.

*Edit: I guess I should specify that I don't think they'll all turn into different animals, from eating the elephant fruit (hoping for lots of different animal fruits throughout the game). Just that maybe they'll all have a unique elephant shape and style like they've done in the past with the slightly different cats and tanookis for each character. Elephant Luigi looking ironically slender would be pretty funny.

Last edited:

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
It's very likely not implying different transformations for different characters by the simple fact that Nintendo wouldn't reveal that information like that.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
I don't think it's implying that every character will have their own transformation, but rather that there will be multiple transformation items, of which the Elephant transformation is just one.

The next trailer will surely confirm it.

Ye Bobbum Man

May 23, 2023
Going to ask this here and maybe there are other threads to better inquire that members could help me with. I have a 6 year old boy who loves Mario (especially Mario Kart and the new Mario movie) but the issue is that he lacks the use of his left hand due to having epilepsy surgery. He can get by on MK8 by turning on features like auto steering and auto accelerate but otherwise has a hard time playing video games. He has some grasping ability with the hand but any fine motor skills are just not there. We play games where I will use the left thumbstick/pad while he works the buttons on the right side. We are (along with his 4 year old brother) excited for Wonder and I'd like to be able to play together so I've started to look into accessible controllers but have not seen anything I think he can work yet. Anyone here know of something that may be of assistance for us?

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
Going to ask this here and maybe there are other threads to better inquire that members could help me with. I have a 6 year old boy who loves Mario (especially Mario Kart and the new Mario movie) but the issue is that he lacks the use of his left hand due to having epilepsy surgery. He can get by on MK8 by turning on features like auto steering and auto accelerate but otherwise has a hard time playing video games. He has some grasping ability with the hand but any fine motor skills are just not there. We play games where I will use the left thumbstick/pad while he works the buttons on the right side. We are (along with his 4 year old brother) excited for Wonder and I'd like to be able to play together so I've started to look into accessible controllers but have not seen anything I think he can work yet. Anyone here know of something that may be of assistance for us?

accessibility controllers are super-cool but they get fuckin expensive fast

I assume you've already seen Hori's offering? Reminds me a lot of Xbox's adaptive controller, which is awesome. But at a glance, I'm unsure of how versatile it is regarding the shit you can plug into it (like if it's locked down to only be compatible with certain buttons/etc). In any case, keep us updated if you decide on something!

Edit: I've never been limited to a single hand before, but nonetheless there have been times where I kinda like the idea of a little foot pedal for a button… not even as like an accessibility thing, but just as an alternative option. Frees up a pizza hand, you know? Just seems like a good idea in general

Last edited: