eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Took long enough for Mario Land 1 lol, game is like 15 minutes long but it's worth going through that one time

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Super Mario Land is lowkey kind of meh with some un-meh sections

EDIT: Damn, Japan gets For the Frog the Bell Tolls? Continuing to be mad at Nintendo not shipping unlocalized titles internationally on these apps.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
SML isn't that good especially compared to #2 but I'll play through it once for old times sake, but it's nice that it's here.

Oddly enough I'm more interested in the Breakout style game

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, basically reliving the Game Boy launch lineup. Timely with the recent Game Boy Works videos.

SML and Alleyway are fun, try em out.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I remember playing Alleyway as a kid. Never thought it'd get added to NSO.

And also finally SML with best princess Daisy LFG!

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
SML should've been on the service Day 1 so today's a good day.

Also, while Alleyway isnt the best breakout clone, it may have one one of the best title themes you'll ever hear

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Based on the description of the video, it seems they intentionally saved these launch Game Boy titles to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Game Boy.

Still, nice to finally have them.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An anniversary update based on the video description; all these three games were launch titles.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gameboy for President 2024.

I'm starting the write-in campaign now

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This hurts me as much as Mother 3 does on GBA.
It's my other most wanted official localization. New Mystery of the Emblem, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, and The Binding Blade all follow from there in terms of my want. Then Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! for the DS.

If those all got official releases somehow, I don't think I'd ask for anything else from Nintendo.

Honestly, I'd just take Mother 3, but I'm just coping hardcore.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls was added only in Japan.

View: https://youtu.be/T4czuDKwgc8

How playable is The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls without a translation/ability to read Japanese? I've always been really curious about it.
You don't care too much for SML 1?
I don't either. I think the game is trying to bill itself as "It's Mario for the Game Boy!!!!!" when it's really "Mario at home for the Game Boy". You stomp on Koopas and they....explode?

SML2 is so much better.

MaNuu

May 11, 2024
Never played Mario Land before, didn't own a Gameboy back then so this will be my first time. Alleyway and baseball look boring tough, sucks that the frog game is Japan exclusive

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Finally! Also been playing the frog from whom the bell tolls translation and it's awesome to see what the engine that ended up in links awakening could do. Game is very fun too!

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
On the Youtube description it says these games are specifically releasing for the 35th Anniversary of the Game Boy:

Celebrate 35 Years of Game Boy With Super Mario Land and More Games, Now Available on Nintendo Switch Online!

To properly celebrate 35 years of the Game Boy™ system, we have to take it back to year one! Game Boy launched in 1989, and with it arrived classic titles such as Baseball, Alleyway™ and the first Super Mario game available on the system, Super Mario Land™. Today, Nintendo Switch Online members can play all three of these original launch titles as the latest additions to the Game Boy – Nintendo Switch Online library. All just in time for the system's 35th anniversary!

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the video I just have to say how much I miss the bleeps and bloops of old video game music and sound effects. Gimme those over orchestrated music any day.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls was added only in Japan.

View: https://youtu.be/T4czuDKwgc8

Finally. Been waiting for this since Game Boy NSO got announced!

Anyone know how playable this is if you don't know Japanese?

How playable is The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls without a translation/ability to read Japanese? I've always been really curious about it.

I'd recommend keeping the GameFAQs guide handy for whenever you can't figure out how to progress (especially later in the game), but on the whole it's largely playable without needing to know Japanese.

chum

Jan 12, 2024
Hopefully Nintendo realizes it's the 30th anniversary of Donkey Kong 94 and we get that soon.