What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Funny you should mention that. I don't know if this is the best or most efficient way to do this, but I just finished making this Google form, where users can put in their level info, which then gets listed in a spreadsheet:

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...3AH-0nn8MGVdto1PpFPauLsA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_X4bAfRZqETn8Qv08Nw1NrIg18hOfveSZtrdNkxZvn8/edit?usp=sharing
This is cool!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the wording on that one clear condition, I wonder if Plessie might be added to the 3D World theme in an update later.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Okay my 4 year old daughter made a level. It's terrible (way too hard) but give it a try and show her some love!

D-K9nJqUwAAuE8n.jpg

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
All right guys. I wanted to give a try to every single level you have posted in here, but there's too many. I'm going to play and "review" all the levels posted between the page 20 and 22 of this thread.

To make it simple (cause I think there's too many levels) I'm going to give from 1 to 5 Stars to the levels. Each star is going to be earned by this criteria:

1-It's fun
2-I think it makes a clever use of the tools
3-It's challenging
4-I think this is very original!
5-It makes me reconsider my decision of buying this game

If tou posted a level in those 3 pages then I'm going to play it, "review" it and give it a "Yeah". So be aware!

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a cheap knockoff apple pencil for my ipad that ended up not working properly with my ipad at all, but it turns out it works great for making Mario Maker levels

fate was on my side

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Just posted my first level just trying different ideas around switch blocks. There's a couple of pretty devious sections, but it's beatable.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Here's my first go!

Descent of the First Goomba
BG1-188-TJF

Definitely feels like a first attempt, but you've got to start somewhere ;)

I challenged myself to rely mainly on course obstacles rather than enemies.
Tried to go for a bit of atmosphere and storytelling as well.
Really nice! I liked the clever use of the conveyer belts and flames, and loved the final prank. Got me good.

The devious design of the conveyers is unfortunately undercut by the fact they can be easily cheesed though.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I am playing some user-created levels, it is incredible how some of them are so fun to play!
Do you know how to search levels by titles or by genres (e.g. multiplayer)?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am playing some user-created levels, it is incredible how some of them are so fun to play!
Do you know how to search levels by titles or by genres (e.g. multiplayer)?
I think it's the fact that 1) SMM1 has been out for a while, so lots of veterans with a lot of experience came out of retirement for the sequel and 2) the game does a great job giving you ideas on how to use all the features. I'm not even 20% with adventure mode and I already have a huge list of ideas I want to try.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Really nice! I liked the clever use of the conveyer belts and flames, and loved the final prank. Got me good.

The devious design of the conveyers is unfortunately undercut by the fact they can be easily cheesed though.

Thanks!!

I honestly couldn't believe how enjoyable creating was once I got in a groove. And thanks for the feedback!

God, this game is fun.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to put Banzai Bill cannons in the background? I'm using the 3D World style but I have no clue how to place one, I only see normal Bullet Bill cannons and standalone Banzai Bills.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
If they add Super Mario World 2 Yoshis Island as an extra style I will explode. Please Nintendo!

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Funny you should mention that. I don't know if this is the best or most efficient way to do this, but I just finished making this Google form, where users can put in their level info, which then gets listed in a spreadsheet:

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...3AH-0nn8MGVdto1PpFPauLsA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_X4bAfRZqETn8Qv08Nw1NrIg18hOfveSZtrdNkxZvn8/edit?usp=sharing
that´s awesome!

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Rooms & Coins

MJB-G86-SJG

Tried to make a level that allows the player to choose from a few rooms and gather coins in there. He need 50 to finish the level.
I am really not happy with how this turns out. There is still a limit of 4 pair of doors, you can't use goals if you have checkpoints and vertical levels don't allow you to stop the screen left/right, but instead at top/bottom. Those party basically killed the level for me, but eh. First level, maybe someone actually thinks its good.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I made a car course! I don't think it's as difficult as my other level??

Here, please try: V63-S5V-TWF

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I have a difficult time playing SMB3 using joycons due to my big hands. If I only play my Switch portable should I just skip this? Can I remap controls?

Oct 27, 2017
Made my first level and it's called The Zoo. Initially wanted to recreate the S3 finale of Hannibal.

YM7-KPW-KTF

Also, briefly considered calling it Abolish ICE.