• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a simple man. I just want a Monkey Target that feels the same as 1 and 2. Give me a true Monkey Target 3.

Apr 21, 2018
nintendoeverything.com

[Preview] Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble has a relatively complicated road ahead of it. It is the first brand new game in the series in nearly twelve years, and trying to balance its new content on top of reconnecting the series to its roots. Based on my recent one-hour preview, it seems to be living up...

Apr 21, 2018
Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.

Oh, sorry -- in hindsight I can totally see why this isn't clear but I was literally only talking about the series' music in that post. I'm very much looking forward to Banana Rumble and think it's looking great!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this exactly what fans have been asking for for decades? A multiplayer mode that's not some weird spin-off thing and is just the core rolling action?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this exactly what fans have been asking for for decades? A multiplayer mode that's not some weird spin-off thing and is just the core rolling action?

I wasn't really asking for it, but since it's more fleshed out into its own instead of just Monkey Target or whatever I'll definitely be playing it more.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Forgot this was announced but bummer to see the multiplayer modes seem to only support 2-player split-screen. The multiplayer modes actually seemed like they could be fun for 4p local with bots.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Unless I'm mistaken it's 4-player split-screen.

For adventure mode but seemingly not battle mode per the press release:
Are you ready to battle your way to become the top banana? Get ready as SEGA® peels back the first details of the monkey mayhem found in Banana Rumble's Battle Mode!

Here, up to 2 players locally or up to 16 players online can play together as they battle their way across five different modes. Plus, no matter which environment you partake in, players can also choose to have up to 15 bots (for 16 players total) join them in the fray!

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
The Monkey Ball minigames were always a stopgap for not being able to play normal levels with all your friends balling around. The PS2 port let you do that.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
That looks pretty fun. Even if they ported the old party games one for one, its not gonna be the same as it was 20 years ago with your friends. Let it go Indiana

Dec 8, 2022
Amsterdam
How do they throw her in the air?

CAeLj4f.gif

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Looks like they need to update the eshop page then!
The eshop page description is technically not incorrect, just misleading. It's pulled straight the bottom of the press release which also contains this blurb:
Alongside these competitive options, Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble'sAdventure Mode allows up to 4 players to team up in cooperative play either online or locally, giving players even more ways to join in on the fun together!

I'll still keep an eye on reviews as the 4p adventure mode could still be fun with split-screen but definitely a bummer if battle mode is indeed limited to 2p split-screen.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
The eshop page description is technically not incorrect, just misleading. It's pulled straight the bottom of the press release which also contains this blurb:

I'll still keep an eye on reviews as the 4p adventure mode could still be fun with split-screen but definitely a bummer if battle mode is indeed limited to 2p split-screen.
Looks like they need to update the eshop page then!
Idk, I don't think that text blurb from the press release means only 2 player split-screen for battle mode. Hopefully Sega clears is up.