Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
To me it's really weird that they're releasing a Zelda Game & Watch unit... and not actually putting the Zelda Game & Watch game on it.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I am bit disappointed because I wanted a big new single player experience this year, but I am happy overall with the line and honestly, it is good that Nintendo allowed the spotlight on the smaller series. Switch install base is active. I'm sure a lot more people will give Metroid, Wario Ware and Advance Wars a chance.

Nintendo giving that spotlight to Shin Megami Tensei V. Bless

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
September Direct predictions (yea I'm going there)
-Fall dates finalized for everything in 2021
-Smash DLC (possibly the last one)
-NSO update (never giving up on this)
-Wind Waker/Twilight Princess collection, coming Feb 2022
-AoC DLC
-Kirby, coming March/April 2022
-Splatoon 3 info, maybe a limited demo
-One last thing: Monolth Soft teaser for 2022

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
Just some guesses on the BOTW2 trailer but I think the game will start out on the overworld, i.e. the parts where the camp starts to move up with the Talus. Then the sky portions open up later one by one(couldnt see any sky areas around Gerudo in the shots of the skies above Tabantha). It could be linear at first but by some point in the game there will be a huge world to explore.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Best Nintendo Direct of the Switch era for my tastes. Metroid 5, Advance Wars, Warioware and BotW2. Great stuff. First time in a long time I've felt well satisfied by a Direct.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
I think Monster Hunter Stories 2 has had the best showing at E3 this year. We've gotten multiple trailers (each better than the last), and a live showing of the game. It just keeps looking better and better.

The first one is such an underrated gem, and I can feel that this new one will also be a gem. I hope a lot of folks check out the demo next week.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Same, really. Advance Wars and WarioWare sort of make up for it for me, but Xeno, Bayo or FE would've been instant hype acceleration. That being said, SMT V has shot up my in my eyes - I wasn't really sure what to expect from that series, but it looked good.
SMT V definitely had a strong showing. And with the JP trailer making me even more excited, it's certainly making up somewhat for the lack of Nintendo's own (J)RPGs.
Bayo, though -- what the f#ck is going on there??? I'm so irritated. Guess the rumours about it being rebooted aren't too far off, huh?!

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Well…alright. That was ok.

I still think that the summer/holiday slate looks surprisingly light. Some of those games will sell well enough, but I expected one or two more.

Huh.

Covid, I guess…

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you got Metroid 5, Breath of the Wild 2, and a Zelda collection (of sorts).

That's something

I'm kinda surprised there weren't more focus on indie games for a sizzle reel, maybe that counts as a three and a half?

While I can kinda expect no Pokemon Snap DLC news (long shot for the Namco Bandai presentation lol), I'm genuinely surprised by a lack of mention for Animal Crossing. I swear the devs said more than a years worth of updates, so while I don't expect a whole lot after March...like, maybe 2 or three big ones left. Are we really stuck with a Nook Shop that only upgrades once?

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
I think Monster Hunter Stories 2 has had the best showing at E3 this year. We've gotten multiple trailers (each better than the last), and a live showing of the game. It just keeps looking better and better.

The first one is such an underrated gem, and I can feel that this new one will also be a gem. I hope a lot of folks check out the demo next week.
I'm really glad they announced a demo. With games like this it's hard to know if what looks good on paper will click together for you once it's out; and I'm excited to learn how this battle system will feel.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Best Nintendo Direct of the Switch era for my tastes. Metroid 5, Advance Wars, Warioware and BotW2. Great stuff. First time in a long time I've felt well satisfied by a Direct.

Agree. Metroid Dread, Advance Wars (!!!!), and WarioWare for this year, and then a tease of BotW 2 for next year. Outstanding.

And no Pokemon must mean a Pokemon Direct/Presents should be coming soon.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
oh, I thought that was going to be used for the Metroid 5 OT (i.e. Metroid 5 |OT| Metroid Thread), but I guess it's also good for these OTs
Oh, yeah, that would be better suited for the Metroid OT. Let's think of something else.

I'm partial to OT 25 | Running on the Switch Pro??
But I wouldn't mind something more positive

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If I'm interested in Ace Attorney, should I start with the trilogy or Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
I remember seeing your post last night. If you are still interested, Ace Attorney Trilogy is on sale in the eShop right now for $20. Very fair price for three fantastic games, and a great way to start your dive into the series! The games aren't too long either, so you could easily finish them all and still have a break before Chronicles comes out.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
List of games I want from here to December

July: SS and MHS2
August: None for now
September: Diablo 2 and i know I saw something that I don't remember
October: metroid and Mario Party
November: Both Pokemon games
Decemeber Advance Wars

The Jury is still out on LiS, No More Heroes and a few other things.

Depending on reviews Wario Ware.

That's a lot of games and maybe more to eb announced for the year.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If you had told me two years ago there was gonna be a sequel to Pokémon snap and the world ends with you + Metroid dread on switch in 2021 I would have laughed at you.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
To me it's really weird that they're releasing a Zelda Game & Watch unit... and not actually putting the Zelda Game & Watch game on it.
Well they didn't put the Mario G&W game in last year's release either.
I think those games were cash in attemps by Nintendo at the tail end of G&W's life and resembled Tiger games more than G&W games. They seem more focused on celebrating the core classixs games of the G&W franchise, primarly the static screen games.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Bro this Japanese trailer looks so much better than the English one for SMT 5. Like holy shit

I'd advise everyone to watch this because my hype level is shooting through the roof. I'm so goddamn happy lol.

MuteMap

Apr 22, 2021
Was that leak from earlier today about this direct true or was it's just another vergeben fake

It wasn't true, Vergeben claimed it was Master Chief, which would have been cool, but I had a good feeling it was fake, because there was absolutely no way Microsoft would have been able to keep that a secret.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Yep. If you told me 5 years ago these games would be on the Switch, I would have shit myself:

Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp
Link's Awakening Remake
Metroid Dread
New Pokemon Snap
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
Banjo in Smash

Goes to show that This Console Was Made For Me

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Still can't believe how good this Direct was... Years of dreams come true for me for real. Nintendo gave me Famicom Detective Club remakes, now they give me Advance Wars remakes... Jesuuuuuuus
And I'm finally hype for a Mario Party for the first time since like Mario Party 5 or 6 lmao

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, this is soooo good and much, much better than what we got. I don't get why they didn't show this instead. Has me way more pumped for the game!!
Feels like they're not entirely sure how to market SMTV to the non-Japanese audience, which I can understand, since it's a very Japanese game. But that's what makes it so good to me, SMT is a very unique game atmosphere and style that is entirely its own thing. They can try to make it more western-focused in trailers, but there's only so much you can de-weebify it :P.

And I didn't think SMTV of all games would be pushing graphics much, but the game looks GOOD. Really nice demon models, and the world looks pretty open and explorable. I could see it benefiting a fair bit from Pro enhancements (just off the top of my head).

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Is the Advance Wars remake being handled by Intelligent Systems? Do we know yet? I didn't see a developer listing on NoA's website. Presumably WarioWare is their one of their projects.

Also, with Famicom Detective Club and Metroid Dread seeing global releases, 2021 could well be the year Yoshio Sakomoto is MVP.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well…alright. That was ok.

I still think that the summer/holiday slate looks surprisingly light. Some of those games will sell well enough, but I expected one or two more.

Huh.

Covid, I guess…

With how the industry is set up for a crazy 2022, I think it is fair to say that the full effects of COVID are being felt in 2021.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
In hindsight, I think reggie said that almost every Nintendo series will return to the Switch. I think it was in the Jan 2017 Switch presentation. Maybe I'm misremembering, can someone clarify?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Unless I see something I like more, it's OT 25 | Metroid Thread
Great title, but maybe better suited for the OT when Dread releases? OR maybe Dread OT.
I remember seeing your post last night. If you are still interested, Ace Attorney Trilogy is on sale in the eShop right now for $20. Very fair price for three fantastic games, and a great way to start your dive into the series! The games aren't too long either, so you could easily finish them all and still have a break before Chronicles comes out.
Thanks a lot! Appreciate the heads up :-)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this september is truly BRUTAL:

- WarioWare Get It Together
- Sonic Colors
- Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
- Ni No Kuni II
- Diablo II Resurrected
- Hot Wheels Unleashed
- Astaria Ascending
- Big Rumble Boxing

I'll try to buy as many as I can.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
SMT V definitely had a strong showing. And with the JP trailer making me even more excited, it's certainly making up somewhat for the lack of Nintendo's own (J)RPGs.
Bayo, though -- what the f#ck is going on there??? I'm so irritated. Guess the rumours about it being rebooted aren't too far off, huh?!
My one worry for 2021 was that things would play out whereby some really exciting Nintendo stuff is still further out and I feel like that's panning out, including Bayonetta 3. I think 2021 is a step up over last year, especially given the frequency and variety of content, but there's no mistake that Nintendo are continuing to lean on smaller projects and old content. Part of me wonders if some of these things - like the Advance Wars and Pokemon remakes - came about because of the pandemic as 'filler' titles.

But... ultimately there's going to be more than enough to keep me happy.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Feels like they're not entirely sure how to market SMTV to the non-Japanese audience, which I can understand, since it's a very Japanese game. But that's what makes it so good to me, SMT is a very unique game atmosphere and style that is entirely its own thing. They can try to make it more western-focused in trailers, but there's only so much you can de-weebify it :P.

And I didn't think SMTV of all games would be pushing graphics much, but the game looks GOOD. Really nice demon models, and the world looks pretty open and explorable. I could see it benefiting a fair bit from Pro enhancements (just off the top of my head).
It looks reaaally good from an artistic and technical point of view, I'd say. Pretty crazy. But Atlus certainly know how to make nice looking games with a lot of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.