Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2019
They would probably add a barber / option to remove facial hair in such a case. If not, i believe there's an onslaught of JRPGs that fit your wishes, given that in JRPGs having a beard and/or being over 25 means that you're an old person with lots of experience and probably back issues. ;]

Also, if people still argue that Link is an avatar character, my Link needs to have a big ass beard! ^^

But Bonejack, we two aren't the Links of the JRPGs.

We are, like, the "It's dangerous to go alone!" guys from the OG Zelda, but with thicker Germanic language accents.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when Mario Golf reviews will come out? I assume tomorrow, but confirmation would be nice. While the game looks great, I would like to know how substantial the Adventure Mode is before buying.

Boooooo! (I am booing your debt and the general prejudice against BFAs, not you lol)
I'm fully expecting the adventure mode to be a glorified tutorial (maybe a bit longer than Mario Tennis Aces' since golf is just harder to teach/grasp), but am also prepared to be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more than that. I'm guessing they want players to transition to the MP as quickly as possible, though.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Nate was planning a new podcast episode for this week, right? Not that there's a ton of Nintendo stuff that they didn't cover, just interesting in hearing the guys' full E3 thoughts.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Speaking of Mario Golf, do we yet know if it can do the thing that lots of mario games on switch can regarding online multiplayer where you can have two people can play split screen on one switch and go online at the same time? Because that's the dealbreaker as to whether I buy it or not, I want to play it with my sisters but they only have the one switch.
I don't believe we know that yet, but it seems like a reasonable expectation.
I'm fully expecting the adventure mode to be a glorified tutorial (maybe a bit longer than Mario Tennis Aces' since golf is just harder to teach/grasp), but am also prepared to be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more than that. I'm guessing they want players to transition to the MP as quickly as possible, though.
Hmmm, the Treehouse segment suggested something a little longer than that. We'll see soon though, I guess.
hahaha, thank you for the spirited boo

are you also a true doom musichead? peace be upon us
When I was growing up, I took piano and clarinet lessons and then taught myself guitar (in my Edgy Teen™ phase). Last time I visited home (two and half years ago now :-( stupid COVID) I tried picking up a guitar and couldn't remember much although the next day muscle memory belatedly kicked in and I could remember some stuff. Piano would be the one that's stuck around the most, although TBH I can mostly just play Radiohead songs lol and had even forgotten most of them when I tried to play on a piano I found in my apartment building a few weeks ago.
I want to hear NateDrake 's thought on Metroid Dread.
He had a podcast last Thursday where he discussed his thoughts on Nintendo's E3 (including Metroid Dread, which I seem to remember he thought looked great).

Ooooh, thanks friend! Sorry Gamestop, I will be cancelling my order.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I've heard Shin Megami Tensei games are hard. Exactly how hard are we talking about? I dislike most hard games unless they're retro games and even then not really.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
rlQ3PD8.png

hologram

Jun 30, 2020

"Welcome to the world of Random, where everyone's destiny is decided by a roll of the One True Dice!" So just like real life, then.

Seriously though, this looks quite cool. It seems like it's probably a way off yet, but it's got a very Tim Burton-esque aesthetic and the combat looks fun.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard Shin Megami Tensei games are hard. Exactly how hard are we talking about? I dislike most hard games unless they're retro games and even then not really.

Tbh I think people oversell how difficult the games are especially the newer ones since they have Qol changes to them. So I wouldn't go expecting them to be crazy difficult since there will most likely have difficulty options. Now what may make SMT difficult is if you don't utilize your buffs as effectively in battles. Buffs are the most important thing in the games and grinding isn't as important compared to other Jrpgs. The original Nocturne was difficult due to random encounters and huge difficulty spikes, but thankfully in the remaster they made the game less difficult by introducing a difficulty option.

Still, SMT V will probably be more welcoming compared to previous games.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I think people oversell how difficult the games are especially the newer ones since they have Qol changes to them. So I wouldn't go expecting them to be crazy difficult since there will most likely have difficulty options. Now what may make SMT difficult is if you don't utilize your buffs as effectively in battles. Buffs are the most important thing in the games and grinding isn't as important compared to other Jrpgs.

Still, I won't be surprised if SMT V will be more welcoming compared to previous games.
I can play and beat most RPGs but for example the last demo of BD2 on the easiest difficulty kicked my ass and I felt like I would have to look up a guide to play and when I have to do that I lose all interest in the game. I might as well watch a let's play at that point. I'm interested in it but afraid it'll be too hard to enjoy. I'm hoping they release a demo.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I can play and beat most RPGs but for example the last demo of BD2 on the easiest difficulty kicked my ass and I felt like I would have to look up a guide to play and when I have to do that I lose all interest in the game. I might as well watch a let's play at that point. I'm interested in it but afraid it'll be too hard to enjoy. I'm hoping they release a demo.
The BD2 demo on normal was probably harder than most of SMTIV, imo (that's the only SMT title I've played so that's the only one I can speak for). Not sure about on easy but I heard that was still pretty hard

Though we can't say for sure how hard SMTV will be comparatively until it's out

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Like I said as much as I love Bravely Default 2 the game required you to grind a lot, especially for JP (Thank god for the freelancer lol). SMT isn't like that as its big focus is on buffs which adds a good layer of strategy to the game. BD2 difficulty was weird even on easy lmao so I'm sure SMT V won't be like that.

Have you seen the Treehouse gameplay? It gives you a good idea on what the battle system is like at least.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
After the success of their limited release, Super Mario Bros. 35, Nintendo has created a sequel! Presenting... Super Mario Bros. 5162!

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Bravely Default II had a reverse difficulty curve for me. It was really hard in the beginning because it's a game of attrition and you really have to learn how and when best to attack the boss. In the later game, you have more skills and classes to mitigate those things. It's still difficult throughout though.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
The BD2 demo on normal was probably harder than most of SMTIV, imo (that's the only SMT title I've played so that's the only one I can speak for). Not sure about on easy but I heard that was still pretty hard

Though we can't say for sure how hard SMTV will be comparatively until it's out
Yeah, I felt like they said yeah we heard from your feedback from the first demo and made it easier and I play the second demo and it's like you guys barely made it easier.
Like I said as much as I love Bravely Default 2 the game required you to grind a lot, especially for JP (Thank god for the freelancer lol). SMT isn't like that as its big focus is on buffs which adds a good layer of strategy to the game. BD2 difficulty was weird even on easy lmao so I'm sure SMT V won't be like that.

Have you seen the Treehouse gameplay? It gives you a good idea on what the battle system is like at least.
I did see the treehouse demo. It's actually why I'm curious about getting SMTV because before I had like no interest but now I'm considering it. (Treehouse also made me interested in MH Stories 2) I just know people always talking on this forum about how difficult the SMT series is and I don't know if it'll be the right difficulty for me but I guess we'll have to see if it is when it releases.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
"Welcome to the world of Random, where everyone's destiny is decided by a roll of the One True Dice!" So just like real life, then.

Seriously though, this looks quite cool. It seems like it's probably a way off yet, but it's got a very Tim Burton-esque aesthetic and the combat looks fun.

This was supposed to be EA's "7 games in one year" thing, but got delayed. I suspect it's not that far away, maybe a holiday release.

But yes, devs have gone a long way since Fe, Lost in Random looks absolutely gorgeous.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing all these Switch games selling so well (the special editions in a matter of minutes) makes me feel warm inside. It's either that or my ulcer acting up.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I think we may see BOTW 2's name and logo by the end of the year. Something to cap off 2021 and get the hype started for 2022. Nintendo likes to hold onto the title for as long as possible. They treat it as a big reveal. Here's a Wind Waker trailer that shows a good chunk of gameplay but it's still only titled as The Legend of Zelda

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Time for some quick thread math. In the past five days, we have only gone through 38 pages. At this rate, we will finish thread in 16-17 days, which is July 8/9. If we do make it that long, then the next thread is all but guaranteed to make it to the release of Skyward Sword (even if the Pro is announced in that timeframe!), so "Wii's Ports" can be used for OT 25. If the Pro is announced before then, obviously we will finish this thread quite quickly, but then can probably expect another slowdown, so again, "Wii's Ports" can be used for OT 25. So really, the only situation where "Wii's Ports" is not a safe bet for OT 25 is if this thread accelerates and ends earlier without a Pro announcement.

TL;DR b3llydrum let's keep tracking how quickly this thread moves but at this stage it's looking like OT 25 can be "Wii's Ports".

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think we may see BOTW 2's name and logo by the end of the year. Something to cap off 2021 and get the hype started for 2022. Nintendo likes to hold onto the title for as long as possible. They treat it as a big reveal. Here's a Wind Waker trailer that shows a good chunk of gameplay but it's still only titled as The Legend of Zelda

This reminds me back when WW came out, I had managed to avoid all spoilers so I went into the game completely blind not knowing what to expect. When I got to the

Underwater Hyrule and saw the adult Link statue

I was 100% sure we would eventually play as him. So then the game ends and I was so disgruntled with the experience for many years. Nowadays I appreciate the game more for sure.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me says hold out for a sale on Danganrompa once it comes out, but another part of me says this will have a low print run so don't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.