Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Man, I really thought the Nintendo "predictions" would happen this morning. If we're just gonna get them tomorrow night or Tuesday morning, I think imma just avoid them and watch the event unspoiled. There's not a lot of reasons to look at them at that point.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's not true. Do you have a source for that?

I tried to purchase Resi Evil 7 (using a VPN, even if I did buy it wouldn't have worked anyway) from Japanese eShop but it seems they ended its run. Not sure about Odyssey but when I said this on reddit someone confirmed it's also dead. I haven't checked that one myself.

Western cloud games might not end this early though, both Control and Hitman 3 are full priced games, unlike RE7 and AC Odyssey in Japan. They should be online at least for a couple of years with that price.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
TBH this could be Nintendo's entire direct Tuesday and I'd still be fairly happy:

I tried to purchase Resi Evil 7 (using a VPN, even if I did buy it wouldn't have worked anyway) from Japanese eShop but it seems they ended its run. Not sure about Odyssey but when I said this on reddit someone confirmed it's also dead. I haven't checked that one myself.

Western cloud games might not end this early though, both Control and Hitman 3 are full priced games, unlike RE7 and AC Odyssey in Japan. They should be online at least for a couple of years with that price.

That's very weird, I thought I had read even recently people still playing both. It's still Ubitus who runs those right?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo and Capcom have a chance to really knock it out of the park here, especially considering the lackluster conferences so far.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That's very weird, I thought I had read even recently people still playing both. It's still Ubitus who runs those right?

Yep, all four are from Ubitus. They all work same, you test your connection first before buying the game.

Though I did read on twitter when Control released, people were still playing Odyssey with no problem. Maybe I tried to buy the game during a maintenance? I have to check again sometime.

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
This has been probably the most disappointing E3 in a long while (that I can remember). Hopefully Nintendo delivers.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
This has been probably the most disappointing E3 in a long while (that I can remember). Hopefully Nintendo delivers.

given the circumstances and how hard game development has been over the pandemic, I think it was always likely that E3 as a whole was going to be underwhelming. I know at my studio it has been extremely tough.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Nintendo and Capcom have a chance to really knock it out of the park here, especially considering the lackluster conferences so far.
If Capcom gives me either/both Village DLC or Outrage, I'm set. If Nintendo shows me basically anything BotW 2 I'm set but also think they could show me anything and I'd be happy tbh.

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, E3 this year has been not great.

Got to admit though, pretty interesting to see a bunch of third-parties put out trailers for their Switch games already, leaves more room for other stuff in the Direct.

Really hoping Nintendo comes through, because at this point even 2022 looks boring for releases…

Least I got my backlog lol

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
This is disappointing as hell. This was one of my most anticipated games of the year and now I have to wait even longer for it. We already have a weak fall lineup, I hate delays like this to make it worse.
It and Pioneers of Olive Town needed to be delayed; Both games are in terrible states, and moreso Rune Factory.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Welp, E3 this year has been not great.

Got to admit though, pretty interesting to see a bunch of third-parties put out trailers for their Switch games already, leaves more room for other stuff in the Direct.

Really hoping Nintendo comes through, because at this point even 2022 looks boring for releases…
Nintendo 22 is already stacked. It is 21 that needs the games.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
We've got Capcom tomorrow although I am not expecting a whole lot. Just mostly Monster Hunter Stories 2 stuff and updates for RE8 and MHR. Capcom said as much in their tweet. I don't think a new RE would be shown so soon after 8.

I was excited about Capcom until Nate said he thinks we won't see anything Megaman in it. I was really hopeful for a new game, or a BN collection.

Hopefully he was just speculating.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Off the top of your head, what games are coming for Switch in '22 that warrants it being stacked? Genuine question because with so many game announcements, I already lost track of all the dates lol.
Assuming BotW 2 is 2022, you have that, splatoon, legends Arceus. Probably missing something but those are all big releases for Nintendo.

Edit: and Mario + Rabbids

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
This E3 has been so bad I hat I haven't preordered a single game so far lol.

Give me some big ass Diablo 2 CE so I can spend some money

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
Arceus
Mario+Rabbids
Splatoon 3
Project Triangle.

That's pretty good in my eyes.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Splatoon 3, Mario+Rabbids2 are the ones that we know are releasing in 2022.
Assuming BotW 2 is 2022, you have that, splatoon, legends Arceus. Probably missing something but those are all big releases for Nintendo.

Edit: and Mario + Rabbids

Thanks peeps!

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get Trails of Azure/Zero localisations announcement during the Direct or anything from Falcom

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Let's not forget that Nintendo's own description of their presentation was "mostly" 2021 games.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Considering the Direct is supposed to focus on 2021 games, we'll probably be fed in regards to those. I'd expect only a few major 2022 titles (and honestly I'm not personally expecting anything that hasn't already been announced, so like BoTW2 if it's 2022, Triangle Strategy, and Splatoon 3)

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I would have preordered the physical version of DDLC+ but I have no money. Won't preorder Rabbids 2 because I'll get it on sale like I did the first one. Not much else besides some indies have interested me. Maybe the FF 1-6 if it was a collection and on consoles. I'm sure something at the direct will interest me though. Maybe Capcom but not getting my hopes up.

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Let's not forget that Nintendo's own description of their presentation was "mostly" 2021 games.

To be fair Nintendo's presentations usually violate the established dates of their announcement tweets. The interesting thing is that they specifically point out 'mostly', so I'm assuming there's gonna be a lot of 2022 titles this time around

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This E3 has been so bad I hat I haven't preordered a single game so far lol.

Give me some big ass Diablo 2 CE so I can spend some money
Yeah, now that I think about it, there hasn't been anything that made me actively jump up and pre-order. I did add a couple games to my eShop wishlist during the Future Games show, though.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Mostly
adverb

1. as regards the greater part or number.

This could mean that if Nintendo announces 20 games and 11 are coming in 21, the "mostly" part would still be correct.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Completely off-topic but...is that Maneater shark game any good? I have about 30 bucks of eShop credit lying around and was looking for something fun but I've seen mixed opinions on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.