What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
I always feel like this collection will never get a Switch release not because of the motion controls in Metroid Prime 3 but rather because Nintendo does not want to give people all three of these games for $60. This is a company selling Miitopia for $50 and Skyward Sword for $60. Sure Metroid Prime Trilogy was $50 on the Wii but Nintendo of today would want to charge full price or near full price for each title separately.

It's tied to the marketing cycle of Prime 4, which got an indefinite delay. That's all there is to it. They aren't gonna break up the collection. It's a game that already exists.

Glitter

Sep 20, 2020
Prime Trilogy has always been treated as one "release" in terms of its pricing. It was $20 on the Wii U. If an HD version exists, it'll be priced similarly to 3D All-Stars.

The only way I can see it not being prioritized for release is if the new Prime is intended to be a complete break from the previous games in the series (as in, a shift away from considering it merely Prime 4).

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The great thing about them just keeping the Metroid Prime Trilogy in a server somewhere is that they won't make it Pro-enhanced when it releases in late 2022.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I always feel like this collection will never get a Switch release not because of the motion controls in Metroid Prime 3 but rather because Nintendo does not want to give people all three of these games for $60. This is a company selling Miitopia for $50 and Skyward Sword for $60. Sure Metroid Prime Trilogy was $50 on the Wii but Nintendo of today would want to charge full price or near full price for each title separately.
Prime trilogy was full price when it released. 50 bucks was the price of new Wii Games.

even then. They'll sell that trilogy together. I know people are very pessimistic when it comes to how Nintendo prices things, but they're not going to separate the trilogy like that since it's how it officially exists. Hell they sold it for 20 bucks on the Wii U

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
My fear with Prime Trilogy would be Nintendo making it another limited-time affair; unlike the idea of them splitting up the titles into full $60 releases again that one is somewhat based in reality.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
My fear with Prime Trilogy would be Nintendo making it another limited-time affair; unlike the idea of them splitting up the titles into full $60 releases again that one is somewhat based in reality.
Yeah considering MPT was extremly limited in copies on the wii. Nintendo hates not selling games at full price

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
I wonder if they would price the collection below $60? They seem rather interested in gauging consumer support for certain price brackets for games, and are experimenting with different price ranges; see: Miitopia, Clubhouse Games, Game Builder Garage, and on the higher end, Ring Fit, Labo, and Home Circuit.

Oct 28, 2017
I need Nintendo to give 3D Mario a break considering the franchise has been getting consistent releases with Odyssey, 3D All Stars, and 3D World + Bowsers Fury.

Nintendo should try to give other series the 3D shot like Donkey Kong or Kirby or even Yoshi. This is why I'm hoping DK is at least a hybrid like say 3D World which would be incredible and feel different from the usual Mario games we get. Since DK plays differently than say, Mario.

Now don't get me wrong I love Mario 3D games, but I just feel like we already have an abundance of those games and that it would be better if another franchise got to get its 3D moment.
Yeah, Bowser's Fury was basically the Switch's second 3D Mario game this gen with a bunch of ports between that and Odyssey. 3D Mario has essentially been taken care of on the Switch, Mario fans insisting on "Odyssey 2" happening right after 3D World + Bowser's Fury need to chill.

Last edited:

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I'm catching up and super late to the party but uhh....

*takes a deep breath*

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ELDEN RING

This might be the single greatest game trailer I have ever seen. It's at the very least neck and neck with the BOTW Switch reveal trailer. I'm practically vibrating with hype, good lord. Can a game be game of the show even if it's not technically part of E3? Because it is.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Let's not do the concern trolling now.

If you're referring to me then I'll say I'm absolutely not trolling. Just giving some speculation on why the Metroid Prime trilogy may not have been released. Again I hope I'm wrong. For all I know, they might release it cheap just to get people familiar with the Metroid Prime series before 4 is released. I'm just speculating, not trolling. If you were referring to me.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm listening to Nate/Grubb expectations but man they really are downers haha. Maybe a BotW2 trailer? Maybe a date? Oof.

If this show feels like the Mario 35th showcase i'd rather just not watch it live. The Switch's leaning on old releases, shifting from Wii U to Wii or older is just tiring. If these were remakes like Links Awakening it might be exciting, but it's clear that's not going to be all that common.

May 1, 2021
Yeah, Bowser's Fury was basically the Switch's second 3D Mario game this gen with a bunch of ports between that and Odyssey. 3D Mario has essentially been taken care of on the Switch, Mario fans insisting on happening "Odyssey 2" right after 3D World + Bowser's Fury need to chill.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I agree? I LOVE Mario Odyssey and obviously I would love a sequel, but we do have at least 4 3D Mario games to choose from on the Switch. Id rather Nintendo make a 3D Kirby or DK instead of another 3D Mario

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm catching up and super late to the party but uhh....

*takes a deep breath*

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ELDEN RING

This might be the single greatest game trailer I have ever seen. It's at the very least neck and neck with the BOTW Switch reveal trailer. I'm practically vibrating with hype, good lord. Can a game be game of the show even if it's not technically part of E3? Because it is.

I'm super excited for Elden Ring as well, but that trailer was like, a B+ or A-.

The BotW one is a rank S 10/10 A+ Masterpiece. It's on another level entirely

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Lol we'll definitely see a BoTW 2 trailer and release window. No way it's releasing past March 2022.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why everyone's so sure BotW2 is not happening this year.

I'm still like 85% sure it will.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Staying positive I do think there could be some Nintendo announcements or some really cool gameplay demonstrations during the three hour treehouse event.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Nate and co clearly have legitimate information but they also clearly don't know anything about the actual contents of any Direct.

Need I remind everyone of July 2020?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm listening to Nate/Grubb expectations but man they really are downers haha. Maybe a BotW2 trailer? Maybe a date? Oof.

If this show feels like the Mario 35th showcase i'd rather just not watch it live. The Switch's leaning on old releases, shifting from Wii U to Wii or older is just tiring. If these were remakes like Links Awakening it might be exciting, but it's clear that's not going to be all that common.
It's pretty understandable. Barely any insiders have any knowledge of Nintendo's 1st party stuff. And if they do, they don't know hardly any specifics.

like it's interesting how many don't know about the DK stuff while a few do. Yet 2D or 3D is a Mystery.

fascinating Dev, those Nintendo folks

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Arceus next jan is enough to satiate me, everything else is gravy, man I'm so hyped for that game, it's gonna be jank for sure lol but still super hyped.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
There is almost no chance Nintendo doesn't show BotW2 and there's almost no chance Nintendo spends more than 10 minutes on Zelda, including BotW2. I personally still think they'll only spend about 5 minutes on Zelda

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Ah is it time for the "I hope they don't spend too much time on X, I want them to have time for Y too!" posts?

How can you be that confident when we haven't even seen anything from it in 2 years beyond the teaser?

Because I don't see it launching in the same quarter as Pokemon Legends, and currently there's nothing in that genre happening in Q3 or Q4 of this year.

And a story trailer featuring the main new mechanic is not a teaser, by any means. Especially when it comes to Nintendo.

I'm also not brave enough to acknowledge the possibility that it's late 2022 or beyond.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
My expectations have dropped by quite a bit over the last 2 weeks. Nate's podcast today also was kind of deflating.

Zelda anniversary stuff will apparently be the main focus, and then a small BotW 2 update, 2D Metroid, Pokemon updates, Smash character, and then smaller titles and third party stuff. And no Switch Pro.

do you consider xenoblade and dk as "smaller" titles? Lol.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Aonuma appears, talks about the Anniversary (maybe with a few words from Miyamoto as well), then comes the trailer for the Collection, Aonuma again and then the BOTW2 trailer finishing up the Zelda section. 8 minutes would be enough, i think. Could be 10 minutes, if they decide to talk about BOTW2 after the trailer as well.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
There is almost no chance Nintendo doesn't show BotW2 and there's almost no chance Nintendo spends more than 10 minutes on Zelda, including BotW2. I personally still think they'll only spend about 5 minutes on Zelda
I might be affected by the reality-distortion field that is this thread, but I'm still of the impression that this E3 will be the Zelda 35th show for Nintendo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Abandon insistence on reassurance, take whatever comes your way.

The one thing you can trust is that Nintendo's fiscal targets are still very high despite the next-gen twins and despite them not having an Animal Crossing equivalent this year (i.e quantity is likely going to have to compensate). People go into every Direct expecting a mega buffet of every killer app on earth, but frankly just set yourself up for a pretty good show with a variety of games that's bound to satisfy most people. We've already got games like Pokémon, NMH3, and seemingly SMTV on deck. It's all upward from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.