What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Very Likely - BOTW2 (Gameplay trailer, definitely no treehouse extended gameplay), SMT: V (Gameplay trailer + Treehouse gameplay)

Likely - Monolith Soft new game, or remaster/remake, Project Triangle

Unlikely - Bayonetta 3

Forget about it - Metroid Prime 4, new 3D Mario, Pokemon Legends

Overall it'll be an OK direct at best imo. COVID likely hit most of these developers hard, and it'll show.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Geez, what a tiresome day. Thankfully, twelve more minutes and i'm free.
I feel that. Work has been really pissing me off this week. No respect for my time, and the pay doesn't cut it.
I do hope we end on Tuesday knowing about 4 new Nintendo games. Not ports or HD remasters. Just new games. EPD or otherwise.
I already feel very strongly that we will see 3. 4 is easily on the table imo

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Very Likely - BOTW2 (gameplay trailer, definitely no treehouse extended gameplay), SMT:V (Gameplay trailer + Treehouse gameplay)

Unlikely - Bayonetta 3

Overall it'll be an OK direct at best imo. COVID likely hit most of these developers hard, and it'll show.

Why "definitely"? It's very likely to happen, even if it's a March 2022 title.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
If they are releasing a Zelda collection, I'll be so pissed off if Windwaker doesn't get a bump to 60fps.

Mario Sunshine only hitting 30fps, made me skip the Mario Collection. Windwaker stuck at 30fps, will make me skip this collection as well.

Its especially annoying when you see low priced ports of No More Heroes getting the basic effort of a 60fps bump from the Wii version..., but Nintendo won't put the same minimal effort into ports of their less technically demanding Gamecube titles.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Every time that someone writes or says Nintendo Switch Pro instead of Nintendo Switch revision Nintendo decides to not announce the revision.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Emily and a few other insiders recently. Plus rumors about Mercury Steam working on a 2d Metroid have been around for years.
It leaked as soon as it entered development from the same person that leaked Samus Returns.

Oh no, I meant the fact that it was potentially done and could release at any time. Sorry. I follow this thread for years so I definitely knew the MS rumors.

So emily also teased it's done as well then?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember Emily's exact tweet but Nate expects it released this FY and I remember Emily saying it was done and the dev is already on their next project.

That's really exciting. I hope the development went well and Nintendo has another Next Level situation brewing.

God, we were practically begging Way forward to make a 2d metroid all these years and then MS swoops in. I wonder what got them the job

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Oh no, I meant the fact that it was potentially done and could release at any time. Sorry. I follow this thread for years so I definitely knew the MS rumors.

So emily also teased it's done as well then?
Nintendo is deathly afraid of pandemic delays and tries to keep release dates and even announcements close to their chest until they're very confident about it these days.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's really exciting. I hope the development went well and Nintendo has another Next Level situation brewing.

God, we were practically begging Way forward to make a 2d metroid all these years and then MS swoops in. I wonder what got them the job
They did Samus Returns so they were the logical devs for a new Metroid. Probably showed Nintendo what they wanted to see.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Nintendo is deathly afraid of pandemic delays and tries to keep release dates and even announcements close to their chest until they're very confident about it these days.

I think it's kinda weird that they announced Splatoon 3 of all things so early then. Unless it's like Arceus and is also very early 2022 (or at least planned for it barring delays).

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be honest and not trying to be rude, but the number of people in the west who have actually played FE4 is so small and pointless that it gets kind of annoying hearing anyone complain about a hypothetical remake not being a "new" game.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I feel you. I'm all on it for remakes and HD ports (heck, I'm still waiting for Fatal Frame collection, XenoX, MPT, or even gems like Eternal Darkness or F-Zero GX), but only if they're the ocasional release on slow months or pre-holidays to support new games and sequels, not the norm.

I realice developing is getting harder and more expensive and that they have limited personnel, but there is a clear unbalance that even COVID can't fully explain. Iwata spent many years planning the expansion and consolidation of all R&D teams on the new building and expanding all the teams, and having now only one platform to give support was also supposed to improve release schedules... It seems they're not there yet, sadly. The success of Switch as a gaming platform deserves more new games, and old franchises deserves new opportunities on this giant user base.

The only hope I have is the knowledge that this pattern isn't completely sustainable. They can't very well re-release all of these titles in 5 years with the same impact. There was a massive opportunity with Switch to give new life to Wii U games, and they've moved over most of the major ones already. We're starting to see some older games, but there's a limited number of titles that make sense to port from that gen.

I'd have to assume that all these "padding" releases were done to fill out a schedule as they improved their own development practices and output. Here's hoping H2 2021 and onward surprises us all

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
51891.jpg
The time has come and so have I

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Going to be honest and not trying to be rude, but the number of people in the west who have actually played FE4 is so small and pointless that it gets kind of annoying hearing anyone complain about a hypothetical remake not being a "new" game.

Also I imagine an FE4 remake would be a hugely different game from the original, given how different the last two remakes were (especially Shadows of Valentia) and how many abnormal design decisions Seisen No Keifu made that would probably be changed in a somewhat significant way to make the game more playable to mainstream audiences.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

People who like modern Fire Emblem, especially Three Houses, Awakening and Fates, might not be into early FE games. So there's some reason for modern FE fans to be tepid.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kinda weird that they announced Splatoon 3 of all things so early then. Unless it's like Arceus and is also very early 2022 (or at least planned for it barring delays).

It seems like they like announcing some far off projects every now and then. Splatoon 3 in particular signals to people that Switch isn't going anywhere anytime soon, which is probably something they wanted to communicate 4 years in especially with all of these pro rumors.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Very Likely - BOTW2 (Gameplay trailer, definitely no treehouse extended gameplay), SMT: V (Gameplay trailer + Treehouse gameplay)

Unlikely - Bayonetta 3

Why is Pokemon Legends "forget about it"? Where is DK and 2D Metroid?
with blackjack and hookers?
I know this is a meme (and I love Futurama) but i think it's best if we avoid using the h-slur (or any slur).

red_math

Mar 10, 2021
Non-E3 post: What are the chances of getting the games in super Mario 3D all-stars separately on the eshop? If it's not likely, then i don't want to wait too long and risk a high price for the cartridge.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Where's my Three Houses sequel.

Who handles the FE remakes? IS internally, and Tecmo for the new ones?
Nothing is set in stone. But Three Houses was still a major IS game since it was lead by them but the majority of the work was done by KT.

Personally I can't see another Fire emblem game happening so soon. Feel like next year they'll talk about it but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.