ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Super Nintendo World: Universal Studios Hollywood Sets Opening Date, Reveals New Interactive Elements

Super Nintendo World officially opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on Friday, February 17, 2023, it was announced today. The opening marks Super Nintendo World’s official arrival to the United St…

Super Nintendo World officially opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on Friday, February 17, 2023, it was announced today. The opening marks Super Nintendo World's official arrival to the United States – Universal Studios Japan got a version of the themed land in 2021.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A little later than some had expected but about right given soft openings and whatnot.
Bruh, I looked it up and Orlando isn't until 2025?
You can probably expect it to be later than that. Universal Creative, the division that designs the park, appears to be downsizing and work on the epic universe has barely started.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
A little later than some had expected but about right given soft openings and whatnot.

You can probably expect it to be later than that. Universal Creative, the division that designs the park, appears to be downsizing and work on the epic universe has barely started.

Barely started? Epic Universe is vertical af rn.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a sucker for themed park settings that Universal does.

Shame I don't see myself going to the west coast anytime soon.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Is it wrong of me to assume half of the rides/activities will be broken every week? I don't know how the Japan park is holding up, but the US public beats the shit out of attractions they can interact with.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So would I only reserve tickets to specifically Super Nintendo Land or does a ticket get you both traditional Universal Studios Hollywood and Super Nintendo Land similar to the Harry Potter portion? Considering how much smaller it is compared to Japan hopefully its the latter.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Mods please change the thread title to "Battle Team Bowser on the groundbreaking Mario Kart™ ride, purchase your Power-Up Band™, and dine at Toadstool Cafe™. SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ opens 2/17/2023."

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be dancing at the Grand opening?
16521_mario-cover-gif.gif

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
So would I only reserve tickets to specifically Super Nintendo Land or does a ticket get you both traditional Universal Studios Hollywood and Super Nintendo Land similar to the Harry Potter portion? Considering how much smaller it is compared to Japan hopefully its the latter.
The land is a part of Universal Hollywood so you just need a regular UH ticket, just like Harry Potter.

I wonder what Hollywood is going to do once they finally run out of space, I cant imagine them gutting the studio tour.

Im more excited for Orlando once it opens up with a whole new theme park.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Relatively soon. Man would be great to check out Mario Kart in motion, since the footage absolutely does not do things justice.

At the same time, I'm rather hesitant about giving money to the park that hosts the Harry Potter land.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I am eyeing that $300 Gold Annual Pass because I'll definitely be going multiple times for this. Need to see if I can find a good discount or not first.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Have plans to visit a friend and go to a Four Tet concert in LA in May. Trip just got twice as cool.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Should have waited for March 10th since it'll be MAR10 Day. I heard rumors this was running behind so a February opening is great to hear. Shame it's not the full version of the land though.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Thinking about it, wonder if we will get a Direct to preview this version of the land. Noticing some differences in landscape between the Japanese location and the Hollywood location. Which would make sense given the significant little space Hollywood has. Whereas, Japan had the Yoshi ride, Bower's Challenge will have an extended queue in its place in Hollywood. And we won't be able to roam around freely near the castle.

View: https://youtu.be/4TfSNZrsavQ

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F12%2Funiversal-studios-japan-super-nintendo-world-map-release-001.jpg

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Man.. I know I won't be able to ever afford a trip to the park (I barely can afford trips outside my city!), but I'm happy there's the comfort it exists somewhat closer to me lol.. Still, If I could, I probably would still go to the Japanese version;

Either way.. it's pretty crazy to think that Nintendo is doing all that; No video game franchise (not even Pokémon) got to those highs.. and the Super Mario brand is about to get a marketing push that probably will be above their efforts of late 80's and early 90's with the movie and the park side-by-side.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Probably heading down to this during the Summer for part of a vacation to SoCal. I can't miss the opportunity to go to a theme park my childhood self always wished existed.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Probably go check this out at some point next year. Universal Hollywood is tiny and it can't stand up to Disneyland, but they did great with the Harry Potter land (abridged).

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Thinking about it, wonder if we will get a Direct to preview this version of the land. Noticing some differences in landscape between the Japanese location and the Hollywood location. Which would make sense given the significant little space Hollywood has. Whereas, Japan had the Yoshi ride, Bower's Challenge will have an extended queue in its place in Hollywood. And we won't be able to roam around freely near the castle.

View: https://youtu.be/4TfSNZrsavQ

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F12%2Funiversal-studios-japan-super-nintendo-world-map-release-001.jpg

Yeah, Hollywood version seems very compact without the Yoshi ride and the lower level that you can go down to. I'm sure it'll be fun, but Im glad Orlando will match Japan.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yeah, Hollywood version seems very compact without the Yoshi ride and the lower level that you can go down to. I'm sure it'll be fun, but Im glad Orlando will match Japan.
Yeah that's pretty much what I come to expect with CA parks due to limited space that makes it next to impossible to expand.

Wasn't posted yet, but here is the announcement page at the Nintendo website that previews some of the menu items at the Toadstool Cafe. Pretty different menu compared to the Japanese location.

www.nintendo.com

SUPER NINTENDO WORLD Opens at Universal Studios Hollywood on Friday, February 17, 2023 - News - Nintendo Official Site

New Details Revealed as Countdown to the Highly-Anticipated Opening Approaches Click here for a sneak peek. Let’s-a go! SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™, the innovative, immersive and highly-anticipated themed land officially opens at Universal Studios Hollywo…

• Toadstool Cafe: The land's signature restaurant, Toadstool Cafe will serve a gourmet menu perfected by Chef Toad where he will greet guests upon entry. Menu items prepared fresh daily include Toadstool Cheesy Garlic Knots, Super Mushroom Soup, Piranha Plant Caprese, Mario Bacon Cheeseburger, Luigi Pesto Chicken Burger, ? Block Tiramisu and Princess Peach Cupcake.
Still can't get over that a popcorn bucket will cost $40.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking my brother on a trip to California next year and I'm so ecstatic to go to this.

We went to Orlando just a few months ago and I imagine by the time we go back there, Epic Universe will be open with the full version of this land, so that's something to look forward to.