• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread on here but yeah...

For the uninitiated, Super Robot Wars Original Generations is a remake of both Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 + 2 that originally released on the Gameboy Advance. You might remember playing those because they were the only SRW games that ever officially made it the west. The PS2 remakes of course has full voice acting and much higher fidelity of battle animations and what not.

Srwoggba_cover.jpg

220px-Srwogps2_cover.jpg

Super Robot Wars is a tactical RPG franchise made by Banpresto usually featuring licensed Mecha shows and manga like Gundam, Mazinger Z, and Getter Robo among others. Eventually Banpresto took some of the original characters + mechs they already created and made up some new ones to fashion an original, self contained universe that started in Super Robot Wars Original Generations 1 for the GBA. This game includes that and its sequel OG2 and now serves as the "official" canon for the OGverse. Other OG games include Original Generations Gaiden for the PS2, which serves a sequel/side story (you know how the japanese can get with these lol), followed by OG 2nd for the PS3 (which remains untranslated), and then followed by Moon Dwellers also for the PS3. Moon Dwellers has an english translation for the Asia releases, but it kind of sucks lol. With this being said, this means OG Gaiden and OG 2nd remain the only untranslated OG titles.

Anyways, here's the link

www.romhacking.net

Super Robot Taisen OG: Original Generations

This is the complete translation of Super Robot Wars: Original Generations.

Gehspento Kick me if old

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
This is such an amazing christmas present. I cant believe it. And this is after I did a playthrough a couple months ago. Gonna go for it again with this patch!

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even know this came out, but I'm SO hyped now.

Last edited:

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit, this is one game I definitely want to play years ago.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wanted to play this so badly in my college days. Maybe I'll make time over the last week or so of the month since I have off work.

coolhandleek

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaan this is nuts! The one have I've wished to have a translation. Especially since I've beat both original OG1+2 at least 3 times each

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say that I have; thanks for letting me know about it.

Haven't played it, but this is one of the ones that I most wanted to since I really like the Ialdabaoth from Compact 3.

Wait, I'm thinking of Gaiden, what's wrong with me.
You get a bit of it in the OGG teaser that this game has.

Oct 27, 2017
OG1 and OG2 on GBA were the games that got me into the series then nothing else come out in English again for years. I was so happy when I saw this news that I almost cried. The super enhanced remakes of two of my most favorite games ever finally in a language I can understand.

It can not be stressed enough how much more shit was added into these remakes compared to the original GBA games.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't finish OG on GBA but this will do really nicely.

Now, to actually find a copy in my area will be the problem.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'll probably play this version eventually, but I still need to finish some of the other translated titles in this series. I got like 90% of the way through J and just stopped.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nice. Is it worth playing if you've already played the GBA version?

There's also a problem of getting a copy. I feel like fans translation news is somewhat within the gray area in Era.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

There's also a problem of getting a copy. I feel like fans translation news is somewhat within the gray area in Era.

Definitely. Animations are drastically better and story has been retouched. Voiced Ingram and Axel. Whats not to love.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Man I remember back in the Atlus forums we would beg them to localize this lol in 2008

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does this work with emulation? Sorry not sure how the rules here work for this.

Oct 25, 2017
What are some other notable ones this year?
Besides the already mentioned ones by texhnolyze I can think of Bahamut Senki, Metal Max 3, a couple of Goemon titles, a couple of Puyo Puyo titles, PC Engine Sailor Moon, Tuned Heart, Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy, the first ever Medabots game, a new translation for Fire Emblem...six?, Remote Control Dandy, Satella View Fire Emblem and both some cool new projects or big updates for some old projects like Swordcraft Story 3, which is very close to my heart.

Quite a few smaller PSX/PS2/PC Engine titles too if you check around Romhacking.net.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Its honestly not that complicated though.
It isn't, but there's eventually always someone asking how Endless Frontier fits in OG or how time works in OG etc.

You'll also get the OG Gaiden teaser in this game.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
This is great. OGS is definitely one of the best packages you can get in the series - lots of content and very accessible. Very dear to my heart.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Hey FYI everyone - NCSX on Ebay is selling new unsealed copies of the original for under $14 shipped. Decent price and within the US if you are all looking for a clean copy shipped fast.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
i've been blazing through this and this shit is GODLIKE. the localization is top notch, everything is professional as hell and is absolutely a treat and a dream. the translations/localizations of excellen's jokes are appropriately corny and great

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my favorite christmas gift. Been praying for this entry to be translated. Hopefully the other entries in between OGs and MD next.

The originals on the GBA are some of my favorite games of all time. These entries in particular are great all around. Enjoyable story, so much customization of the characters. So many different ways of winning. Good difficulty. The animations are so fun. Lots of quality of life features that other SRPG's should have.

Customization-wise, there are so many things you can do. Each unit is really a pilot and the mech. Based off of the performance of the pilot, you use points to build their stats or purchase perks. This allows you to lean the pilot into so many different directions.

With the mechs, there are 4 categories:
-Super robots (high health, high damage, tanks mostly)
-real robots (low health, high dodge, tons of customization)
-Battleships (slow, tons of armor, tons of support skills)
-Vehicles (fast, high dodge, best for support)

with each mech, depending on the category, you can then equip a very wide range of unique weapons for melee, long range, buff/debuff. Each weapon can then be powered up and modded.

on top of that theres a "parts" system where you can equip mechs with unique accesories to boost anything.

so an example of a unit could be:
-high melee, high dodge, high crit pilot
-high dodge, high movement distance mech
-perks that makes it so after giving and taking damage for a few rounds, their willpower is high enough that the perks proc to boost dmg and crit
-equip high damage, high crit rate melee weapon
-parts that boost movement, dodge rate
-and more

its incredibly satisfying choosing how you want to build the characters. Theres so much more than this too. High kill counts unlocking exclusive perks, personality types that change how the unit performs, a twin system allowing two units to act as one, etc etc

this is getting long and there so much more I want to say. Love this game so much.