• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
There's pics of a Jump issue with him out to there

They're a really low quality

Really not sure how to feel about this one

Another Goku in a game all about bringing tons of diverse characters together...

Still could be a power up or something.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
First off, what is up with the first ten seconds of that video? I can't even understand what he's saying, lol

Anyway, surely that's just a transformation, right? I doubt Bounce Man Luffy and Whatever-Tails Naruto are separate characters.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
First off, what is up with the first ten seconds of that video? I can't even understand what he's saying, lol

Anyway, surely that's just a transformation, right? I doubt Bounce Man Luffy and Whatever-Tails Naruto are separate characters.

But nine tails Naruto was already shown to be Naruto's power up

Regular Super Saiyan was shown to be Goku's

That's why it's iffy

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I thought we would've waited until we got scans or a TGS announcement to chat about this, but since we're not....

It's definitely weird, considering these games usually try to keep to the original WSJ mangas (or at least the anime adaptations of them). That said, they're obviously banking on Super's popularity worldwide to sell this, most likely as some pre-order bullshit. I can't imagine them going much further than that.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
DragĂłn ball nee popularity is probably the reason this Game was Made.

So yeah expect more Gokus and Vegito.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
WTF If you're gonna do a Clone Goku or Power up at this point for Goku, should be
Ultra Instinct
not SSGSS dumb crap.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
V Jump is leaking already? Or is it another magazine? I'd love for A17 in Fighterz to leak already!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I WANT THE GOKU WITH THE RED HAIR TOO

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
They're doing more recent versions of characters so IDK why they didn't just make Goku SSB by default.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Oh wow, that's....incredibly quick, assuming it's true.

Either there's a shit-ton they haven't told us or a shit-ton that's not showing up. Really hoping it's not the latter.
Yeah Im getting nervous. Imagine the game without Jojo, Yu Yu, Fist of the North Star, Boku no Hero to mention a few. And they're prioritizing Goku Blue over Killua? Im assuming so since they're announcing Blue before Killua..

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Oh wow, that's....incredibly quick, assuming it's true.

Either there's a shit-ton they haven't told us or a shit-ton that's not showing up. Really hoping it's not the latter.
I mean, it's effectively a sequel to/rebranding of J-Stars Victory VS, so it's not like it was totally made from scratch. The last release of that came out in mid-2015 so they've been working on this for quite some time.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Man we already got a ton of 'look-alikes' (same model, not same buttons) in DBFZ and that was already a real hype killer because as a fan you're hoping for new exciting characters.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
This can't be a separate character, right? It makes sense that they'd include a SSB power-up because everyone else in the game seems to be using their max power. It's not like Naruto is limited to the Nine-Tails aura or Sage Mode. Why limit Goku to SS1?

Also, if Goku gets SSB, shouldn't Vegeta get it as well? Why even go SSB? Why not just give him UI instead? I don't know... so much of this does not make sense.

In other news, I don't like the art style of this game (like many others), but Vegeta looks absolutely terrible. At least the others look halfway decent in the bad art style. :(

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's effectively a sequel to/rebranding of J-Stars Victory VS, so it's not like it was totally made from scratch. The last release of that came out in mid-2015 so they've been working on this for quite some time.

And I get that. By the time J-Stars released its entire roster had been revealed in V-Jump Scans. That we're (supposedly) this close to release with not even half of J-Stars' roster accounted for is what's surprising. I'm severely hoping they didn't cut corners.

Yeah Im getting nervous. Imagine the game without Jojo, Yu Yu, Fist of the North Star, Boku no Hero to mention a few. And they're prioritizing Goku Blue over Killua? Im assuming so since they're announcing Blue before Killua..

First, yeah, there's a lot of major series missing, and the ones you listed I'd consider downright essentials, among others. So yeah, that's weird.

Second, I mentioned it before, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume SSB Goku is a pre-order exclusive. He stands out from the rest for several reasons and he's got the kind of popularity to pull that kind of dough. So it might be prioritization from a marketing perspective, not a development one.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Went from hyped about Yugi, to losing it over Goku Blue. Hopefully it's a transformation, but my gut tells me it's a separate character. Which is really whack in a Jump crossover.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Bamco officially confirmed SSB Goku on Twitter, so we should be getting V-Jump leaks soon with footage at TGS.