• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Well I tried to download the trial but it says I couldn't because I already own the game.....

...and then the game started downloading on my PS4? I did have a game disk so I guess I put it in my PS4 at some point but I never bothered starting it and I don't have the disk with me currently so no idea what the fuck is going on there.
Did you enter the code? I don't think you need the disc at all.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you enter the code? I don't think you need the disc at all.
Frankly I have no idea. I probably put the disk in to install the game but never got further then that. But that was years(and a different PS4) ago.

I'm just gonna see what happens when it finished downloading. If I don't need the disk then hey bonus. If not it's still over at my house(staying with relatives currently.)

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People losing their mind in the Direct thread, because shocker, there was no Direct Tweet like leakers said there'd be!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Perpetual self-loathing is destroying me rn so Uhhhhh what's everybody doing to pass the time right now?

I'm in chapter 2 of Sky FC and it's bunches of fun, Estelle's rad. Also been playing Doom Eternal on and off.

Ooooh, I've also started watching Beastars, it's really good so far
Animal Crossing/Smash/Tales of Vesperia/FFXIV/Three Houses Maddening run

Just waiting for P5R

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Weirdly timed Punch Out tweet is the new Chibi Robo on fire

Time is a flat circle

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't find anything weird about the Punch Out tweet lol.

they talk about classic games for NSO all the time. This time people were just actually paying attention

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I don't even know what's means. Damn I got a lot to learn. I use to rock a Six Samurai deck and it was pretty sweet. Probably super weak now, but i kinda want to avoid looking up stuff. I am having fun just going in blind with buying booster packs
Gren Maju Da Eiza is fairly old card that has the effect to gain 400 ATK/DEF for each banished card you have. There's newer cards that greatly support banishing (like Eater of Millions, which can banish your entire extra deck on summon, so all those fusions, synchros, XYZs, and Links get yeeten into the abyss) and they allow for Gren Maju to reach really silly high numbers. It has the added bonus of not really dealing with new mechanics at all, so it's pretty popular for players looking for a style more evocative of older YGO's "get my BIG BOY out on the field as fast as possible" matches

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Perpetual self-loathing is destroying me rn so Uhhhhh what's everybody doing to pass the time right now?

I'm in chapter 2 of Sky FC and it's bunches of fun, Estelle's rad. Also been playing Doom Eternal on and off.

Ooooh, I've also started watching Beastars, it's really good so far
I work from home, which is very weird. But when I'm not working, I'm spending time in either Animal Crossing or Fallout 4.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta, Joker
Konami: Snake, Simon, Richter
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, Ken
Namco: Pac-Man
SE: Cloud, Hero
Microsoft: Banjo & Kazooie
SNK: Terry

One of these things is not like the others.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've shared this opinion before, but I definitely think Inkling and King K. Rool were saved for Ultimate, with the Mii Costumes acting as consolation prizes for the time being. You could say the same thing about Isabelle and Chrom in retrospect, but at the time people didn't really bat an eye at those two getting Mii Costumes.

I have a feeling that, if Smash 4's DLC continued past the Ballot and Bayonetta, third-party characters would've still been the focus. On the first-party side, Wolf is probably the last veteran they would've brought back, and I could see one 2016 promotional pick, probably one of these options:
  • With Rhythm Heaven Megamix having a really late localisation (perfect for promotional picks, if Corrin is anything to go by) they could've returned to the Chorus Kid concept.
  • Paper Mario is an established series, and with the character appearing in two games that year, it might've been the best time for him.
  • BOXBOY had a second installment that year, with the third coming in 2017. If Sakurai wanted to get a little crazy, Qbby was there for him.
  • Kirby Planet Robobot released that year, and, well...
    37918.jpg
But Isabelle was already an Assist Trophy at the time.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting a Direct to be announced today, but I'm still a bit crushed by the reality of the situation. I'm out of work and consuming way too much weed. A Smash reveal would have really energized me. At least I have tomorrow's Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC to look forward to.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
But Isabelle was already an Assist Trophy at the time.
Exactly; people didn't bat an eye at Isabelle and Chrom because they already had roles in the base game (Assist Trophy and Final Smash cameo). Meanwhile, the design of K. Rool's Mii Costume was different from his trophy (based more on his Rare appearance than the Paon design used for the trophy) and Inkling wasn't even in the base game at all.

Thought that was self-explanatory.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I know they technically are, but I don't really consider Bayonetta and Joker "Sega reps" or Banjo & Kazooie a "Microsoft rep"; I more closely associate them with PlatinumGames, Atlus, and Rare respectively. I think the culture that shapes a character is more important than the entity that currently owns them. It's not like I'd describe Ryu and Ken as Capcom USA characters.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know they technically are, but I don't really consider Bayonetta and Joker "Sega reps" or Banjo & Kazooie a "Microsoft rep"; I more closely associate them with PlatinumGames, Atlus, and Rare respectively. I think the culture that shapes a character is more important than the entity that currently owns them. It's not like I'd describe Ryu and Ken as Capcom USA characters.
Currently owns them though? Sega has always owned Bayonetta and Persona 5 wasn't announced until after Sega had purchased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.