Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm open to Fortnite characters but they're not necessarily my top requests tho. I think they are way way way at bottom of the list mostly because they didn't really have any shot or chance at getting in Smash Bros. It's something like, I don't mind to see them in Smash Bros because I actually like the game and I had many great moments with it with friends and random.

Let me ask you this question,

I know you probably dislike or hate Fortnite since it's not first time that you questioned the discussion of Fortnite .. But why you haven't you question other people about their posts that they made their posts about Chibi-Robo, Haruka, Ryu Hayabusa, etc. I meant BGBW frequently posted the comments (literally like 95%) about Haruka or IdolM@ster related and yet I haven't seen you calling him out on that yet? I guess because you like the franchise so you don't mind that much.
I kinda just treat BGBW like this.

It's weird but it doesn't bother me like some other gimmick posters so I just let it be.

I don't dislike or hate Fortnite(well I think Jonsey looks like a douche but that's not here or there) I just wondered if you were being genuine because it's clear other people have a very extreme reaction to it. Frankly as long as you're not posting Ugly Steve type content I'm fine.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
While I'm not a fan of Fortnite, I wouldn't really have room to complain given how popular it is.

It's just that the default characters are a collection of ridiculously generic designs.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
94c01ef4fdc4345cfa2172dae8d917c2.gif
25d688cda557dc2835dc48cc6c0661b3.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Is that really secret? Because I already knew that it was your gimmick posting but regardless you claimed you still wanted them in which made my point across tho. (I always assume that your gimmick is pretty much Chibi Robo, Okami, Susie and Kamatari.) So I like how you think I'm dumb to not recognize that.
You missed the point. Sure, it was buried under sarcasm and irony, but there was still a point.

What exactly does questioning the support of certain characters accomplish for anyone? Why should someone's genuine support for a character they like be devalued and viewed as "gimmick posting" or an attempt to get under the skin of others? This extends to your support for Jonesy too, for the record; I don't see why anyone's Smash wants need to come into question if they come from a clear place of genuine desire.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda just treat BGBW like this.

It's weird but it doesn't bother me like some other gimmick posters so I just let it be.

I don't dislike or hate Fortnite(well I think Jonsey looks like a douche but that's not here or there) I just wondered if you were being genuine because it's clear other people have a very extreme reaction to it. Frankly as long as you're not posting Ugly Steve type content I'm fine.

Fortnite is pretty much in same situation as Minecraft here. People just have extremely reaction to the franchises they dislike (ironically both are pretty much new blood) but I don't understand why they feel the needs to have extreme reactions to Fortnite because it don't really have any great shot with getting in Smash bros in first place,, and knowing some fans with "the rules" like Japanese franchises > Western franchises, etc, etc.

Some Smash fans seems to not mind Fortnite rep but again it's probably them being young like high schoolers or college students.

I don't think I'm a gimmick poster here but I can see why few people probably looks at me like one when I posted some stuffs with Fortnite because they probably assume that I was trolling with it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Zoom is incredibly suspect for privacy purposes and I have to wonder if this is being implemented company wide for their internal meetings.

I'm well aware of Zoom's privacy issues. I think it was probably used for Press Contact.

I also think the few in NoA who are localizing DLC are well aware of the issue and are probably using other methods for communication. I would not get your hopes up for Smash leaks via Zoom.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Gimmick poster" is a worthless term thrown around because you don't want the right character.

SMRPG is among my favourite Mario games but that still isn't good enough to want Geno for some people.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite is pretty much in same situation as Minecraft here. People just have extremely reaction to the franchises they dislike (ironically both are pretty much new blood) but I don't understand why they feel the needs to have extreme reactions to Fortnite because it don't really have any great shot with getting in Smash bros in first place,, and knowing some fans with "the rules" like Japanese franchises > Western franchises, etc, etc.

Some Smash fans seems to not mind Fortnite rep but again it's probably them being young like high schoolers or college students.

I don't think I'm a gimmick poster here but I can see why few people probably looks at me like one when I posted some stuffs with Fortnite because they probably assume that I was trolling with it.

I think a lot of people have a subconscious fear that something they hate will get into Smash regardless of how likely that is to happen.

As for where that hate comes from.
5409_500.jpg

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
everyone here is a gimmick poster because we're all distracting ourselves from the outside world by tilting into characters for the sake of entertainment

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the point. Sure, it was buried under sarcasm and irony, but there was still a point.

What exactly does questioning the support of certain characters accomplish for anyone? Why should someone's genuine support for a character they like be devalued and viewed as "gimmick posting" or an attempt to get under the skin of others? This extends to your support for Jonesy too, for the record; I don't see why anyone's Smash wants need to come into question if they come from a clear place of genuine desire.

that's why you need /s because sometime it's hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or not because people blurred the lines to make it hard to tell online.

Well, you came forward and said it was "secret" gimmick posting (which is pretty obvious) so it's natural to assume that "gimmick posting" is being fake because it's their gimmicks to do that. Sometime people aren't being genuinely with what they wanted when they are doing gimmick posting. Like an example: Minecraft/UglySteve to just mess with Banjo Kazooie fans.

I only pointed it out that you, BGBW and Roc always posted about those characters all of the time and never got called out for it when I occasionally posted about Fortnite, and I have gotten called out several times (not by a same person but several members or lurkers) over it. I just find it silly because it's just Fortnite rep.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
For the record, I used to play Fortnite pretty regularly and actually found the game fun, but the default characters are just the absolute blandest douchenozzles by design to encourage you to pony up for skins.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I used to play Fortnite pretty regularly and actually found the game fun, but the default characters are just the absolute blandest douchenozzles by design to encourage you to pony up for skins.

What if they actually pick best costumes for those default characters. Like Rex for Jonesy, etc.

honestly, Rameriz had best default costume out of all.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
What would Jonesy's gimmick be?

Building so they can block opponents' projectiles with the materials they build with. (the gimmick is more likely to be one of most incredibly difficult to works with as mechanic-wise so I don't think that kind of gimmick would happens.) (well, it could be like Duck Hunt's cowboys tho.)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, you came forward and said it was "secret" gimmick posting (which is pretty obvious) so it's natural to assume that "gimmick posting" is being fake because it's their gimmicks to do that.
That was the (extremely) sarcastic part; I was making fun of people who like to point fingers to call other people's wants "gimmicks" just because they personally don't want or care for those characters.

*looks around the room*

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Would you rather have a Fornite or Minecraft character that has a completely unique moveset or a character from a franchise you like but is more standard? Let's say for the sake of argument that these characters are balanced just fine.

I'm just curious. It would give a little insight into what is more important for a DLC character to people. I know I would prefer a basic character from a franchise I enjoy personally. Thought I wouldn't be too upset over a Fortnite or Minecraft character.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
There is something about Fortnight's character stylings, especially in its animations, that puts me off somehow. I can't place what it is, specifically, but I see them and its just "oh i hate this. I hate this a lot".
Seeing the dances transposed onto other games' models is funny, though.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Fortnite and Minecraft kind of occupy the same space of "This game is fine and should have something in Smash but the likely characters are so nondescript that I would prefer if they didn't get a playable rep."

That's the same space as Dark Souls and Chrono Trigger for the record.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite and Minecraft kind of occupy the same space of "This game is fine and should have something in Smash but the likely characters are so nondescript that I would prefer if they didn't get a playable rep."

That's the same space as Dark Souls and Chrono Trigger for the record.

I can see why you feel that way but why Chrono Trigger? I meant Crono is essentially protagonist in same vein of several RPG characters in Smash Bros, in a sense tho.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Fortnite's visual design - a lot of the skins are kind of overdone, but I think the main cast has a nice balance of genericness, recognizability, and cartoonish appeal. I don't like the game, but if something more up my alley looked like that, I'd dig it.

Between it and Minecraft, I'd probably lean Minecraft, even though I like the game less - I just think it has a more memorably world and design. And they both would probably have a "terrain manipulation" gimmick, so I wouldn't want both. But I'd be happy to see either included because they're both so out there for Smash characters.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was the (extremely) sarcastic part; I was making fun of people who like to point fingers to call other people's wants "gimmicks" just because they personally don't want or care for those characters.

*looks around the room*
I don't know if this is directed at me but I don't think most posters here are asking for characters JUST to be gimmicky.

Emphasis on "most."

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Fortnite's visual design - a lot of the skins are kind of overdone, but I think the main cast has a nice balance of genericness, recognizability, and cartoonish appeal. I don't like the game, but if something more up my alley looked like that, I'd dig it.

Between it and Minecraft, I'd probably lean Minecraft, even though I like the game less - I just think it has a more memorably world and design. And they both would probably have a "terrain manipulation" gimmick, so I wouldn't want both. But I'd be happy to see either included because they're both so out there for Smash characters.

Yeah, I agreed. Some skins were overdone lately so I guess they are kinda running out of interesting ideas for costumes.

Everything interesting about Crono is already present in Hero.

Fair enough.

Just that I thought Crono would pop out very well if they have dual tech as down B, and the partner would be part of rotation like Marle > Frog > Lucca > Robo > Ayla. (not Magus since he didn't have any dual tech, only triple tech via rocks.)

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't know if this is directed at me but I don't think most posters here are asking for characters JUST to be gimmicky.

Emphasis on "most."
Nah, I didn't have anyone specific in mind; it's just a sentiment I see around from time-to-time.

Like, I personally wouldn't be super ecstatic for, say, Waluigi; but i'm not going to immediately classify anyone who wants them as a gimmick poster or someone who just wants to annoy people. That does unfortunately seem to be the case for a quite a few people around the internet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.