Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
V6LP5f1.png

Currently the Fighters Pass 1 are completely done and out for us to purchase but the ride isn't even over. Sakurai announced that we are going to get 2nd Fighter Pass and we're waiting for third reveal. Currently there are four more fighters that are still remains as unknown to us . Our next hype stop would be more likely to be at Smash Presentation so it's quite exciting for us to find out who would be eighth character if we are lucky. Also we are still getting more dlc supports outside of playable characters which are Spirit Events, Tourney and Mii Costumes. And maybe random update like Small Battlefield.

QYIlDAD.png

It's a season pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will contains all five planned DLC packs. Those DLC packs each come with a fighter, a new stage and additional music tracks. You could save 5 dollars overall by purchasing the Fighter Pass, which costs $24.99 USD. However, if you aren't comfortable paying upfront, especially without knowing the details of the DLC contents, then each pack individually can be bought for $5.99. As an additional bonus, if you get the Fighter Pass then you will obtain a free Xenoblade 2's Rex Mii Costume.

wNdjUz3.jpg

WfK0Mil.gif

0uq05e3.jpg

CONFIRMED

Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 got confirmed. Also We're still awaiting for the identify of ninth and future characters so there is no reliable leak at the point. Also it's confirmed that we are getting more 3 more characters so we don't know how long this hype train would lasts this time but it's more likely to be less than a year for now. Hopefully we will find out about 9th character in early 2021 like Jan or Feb.

FAiPzJ0.png

RUMORS

There is no reliable information for upcoming characters so it's quite exciting that we are in dark for time beings.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So TIL theres a PacMan Christmas album. Are there any christmas fighters we can add to the game?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So TIL theres a PacMan Christmas album. Are there any christmas fighters we can add to the game?
We could always just add some Christmas alt costumes! There's a few out there for the Mario cast thanks to Tour:

MKT_Artwork_MarioSanta.png
MKT_Artwork_DaisyHolidayCheer.png
MKT_Artwork_YoshiReindeer.png
MKT_Artwork_BowserSanta.png

We could add them if DLC alt costumes were a thing, that is.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope robust costume options become one of the hooks for the next Smash after the great roster culling that will inevitably take place, it's crazy how underused they are.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Monster Hunter going to happen in the MHR Direct early next year. Believe.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Good Morning. I am the senior nuisance of the thread, Stan - and I am not a vampire.
You have been chosen to go to the eShop and aid Sakurai in defence of the crossover budget.
So, a quick briefing before you go:
- Geno is gone. Abso-@#%^@#%^-surely*.
- Squares (incl. cubes) raiding the budget.
- Sakurai in need of aid!
- I am Stan, not a vampire.
- You must go to the eShop.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I have no clue who the final three fighters of Volume 2 could be at this point. With the first half being Min Min, Steve and Sephiroth I don't feel eqiuped to even begin confidentely predicting who the rest could be. I guess Monster Hunter probably has a better shot than most? Individually I think characters like Hayabusa, Arle, Chosen Undead, Reimu, Crash and another first-party (Zelda? Xenoblade? Maybe a Gen 8 Pokemon still has a shot too?) make sense, but they can't all be in.

I need that Sephiroth presentation now, especially the Mii Costume reel; just to clear a few things up.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel like Sakurai would add Eggman as a boss before making him a fighter. I don't know how big of a Sonic fan he is (he's a fan of all video games, let's be real), but I imagine him thinking that Eggman is at his best when he's piloting a giant death machine and trying to crush Sonic at the end of every zone. In other words, he's too big. LOLOLOLOLOL! He is almost always multiple boss encounters every step of the way in most Sonic games and is rarely made into a playable character. Additionally, Sonic has a plethora of friends who are more prominently playable characters and are fighting Eggman alongside him. To me, it just feels more appropriate for Eggman to be a boss character first, and if there was another Sonic series fighter added, it would be one of his many friends and rivals, and among those, I narrow it down to Tails and Shadow.

Shadow is consistently the most popular. Every time the idea of a new Sonic character comes up, Shadow is always number one. He was the first Sonic assist trophy for a reason. I know a lot of people expected him to be an echo fighter in Ultimate's base roster, but I don't think Sega wants that. They've done a lot to make Shadow as unique as possible while still being a suitable rival for Sonic, so the least he would be is a semi-clone, and not in the way Ken is an echo teetering on the edge of semi-clone. He would be his own character with completely unique animations. He'd be comparable to, say, Wolf who was built off Fox and shares similar fundamentals, but his normals and specials are completely unique.

As for Tails, well... Tails is Sonic's best friend and sidekick. In many respects, he's Sonic's Luigi, the Player 2. I think Mario & Luigi vs. Sonic & Tails would be a really cool match-up. Sonic and Tails are depicted as an inseparable brotherly duo, and I'm sure many fans have fond memories of their adventures in thwarting Dr. Robotnik's evil schemes in the old cartoons. Tails was always right behind Sonic on their journeys, and while he has rarely had a playable role in the past decade or so, he is still Sonic's #1 buddy, always there to support his hero whenever he needs him. While Tails can do a lot of things Sonic can, such as spin dash, the young mechanical engineer could carry an assortment of tools and gadgets to catch his foes off guard. After Brawl came out, I always wanted to see Tails as an assist trophy where he pilots the Tornado and flies around shooting at targets, but that would actually make the perfect final smash for him.

Out of these two choices, I would 100% go with Tails. While I think Shadow is clearly the most popular choice, at least vocally, I don't think it's the right choice to further flesh out the Sonic series. Tails and Eggman are the obvious choices for that purpose, as they have been with the series from the very beginning. In fact, if Tails was DLC right now, his stage could be the Death Egg and would feature Eggman dropping in inside the Death Egg Robot to wreak havoc as a stage boss. They could even throw in Egg Robos and Badniks to disrupt players as they fight, kind of like Pyrosphere where Ridley was a boss and there were a handful of Metroid series creatures littering the stage. I think that would be a fantastic way to properly flesh out the Sonic series and not be stuck with Green Hill Zone and Green Hill Galaxy.

As a matter fact... If they want to cast a wider net over the different generations of Sonic to really flesh out the series representation... If they really want to make me happy... They'll make the stage the Egg Carrier from Sonic Adventure. There can be destructible turrets on the stage, and Eggman can show up in the Egg Viper from time to time to cause mayhem. (Yes, he would be saying "GET A LOAD OF THIS!" very often.) And of course, he is able to be defeated. Eggman is a character that needs to talk a lot, and he'll be talking plenty more as a stage boss than he would as a fighter. Oh my god, I'm already gushing about a reveal trailer idea I'm having. The setting is the World of Darkness. Galeem is fucking dead (thanks Sephiroth), but Dharkon is still alive. The Egg Carrier is cruising through the skies, and Eggman, as he so often does, is using a power much greater than he is to his advantage and is commanding his robot soldiers as well as clone fighters to attack the Smash fighters. The Halberd, the Great Fox, and other relevant airships are all at war against the Egg Fleet from Sonic Heroes, and a bunch of characters on top of the Egg Carrier are fighting their way through the mighty aircraft. Sonic is already fighting Eggman directly, but he's unexpectedly overpowered by a group of cloned Sonics! Things are looking grim for our hero as Eggman charges his laser for one final blow, until... Tails dives in and grabs Sonic in the nick of time! "TAILS FLIES INTO BATTLE!" After the gameplay sequence, Sonic and Tails, with their unrivaled teamwork and coordination, defeat Eggman and his forces and foil the mad scientist's plans once again. All of this happens in tandem with a Sonic Adventure Remake announcement. Totally! ... Please?

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
See, they could add Tails (unique fighter) and Shadow (echo fighter), but they could also add Eggman and Metal Sonic instead.

Or Blaze. That works.

---

I don't think the Smash team think too highly of Tails (which is a shame, I like Tails a lot!). He's a background cameo (carried over from Brawl), a Mii Costume (carried over from Smash 4) and a support spirit in Ultimate. Knuckles also retained his background cameo and Mii Costume status, but his spirit is a primary (they are the same class though, Ace), and he's an Assist Trophy. Considering Alucard (who was considered for playable status and simply sidelined to let the Belmonts in first) is among them, being an AT doesn't necessarily need to be a bad omen for every character like it was for Spring Man; I think it proves that he may just be more of a priority for Smash than Tails.

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So, what would Sakurai do if a third-party okayed a character but wanted to wreck the moveset concept?

This discussion is sponsored by Miles ElectriX.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
yeah DLC is cool and all but remember how ROB got a weirdly dramatic redemption arc in Brawl?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Has Fighter Pass 1 ever gone on sale? Thinking of getting it for the wife but not sure if Nintendo EVER puts their DLC on sale.

Outside of that, I'm still shocked we haven't had a new Zelda rep in ages, nor a new Xenoblade rep.

I'm desperate. I'll take anyone. Tingle. Tora. Just... need it.

Rex won't be in until the next game, if ever, I imagine. Having him already be an Amiibo costume tied to Fighter Pass 1 means he's not gonna be charged for a second time.
If friggin' Byleth can be in the game with a game that launched over a year after Xenoblade 2 did, they can make it happen.

We've had costumes turn into characters before too.
160px-SSB4_Chrom_Mii_Fighter.png
image7.jpg

splatoon-smash-costume-640x360.jpg

Yeah, they weren't attached to the Fighters Pass, but they WERE often additional $DLC purchases.

I haven't given up hope. It may not even be Rex himself... I'd vouch for Pyra/Mythra.

Status
Not open for further replies.