Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Pretty cool Mojang let them tweak Enderman so much. Like after they got permission to make its limbs much shorter, they had to go back and ask again if it was alright to brighten it up so it wasn't invisible on some stages

They must have really wanted Enderman playable instead of like... an armor wearing Zombie or something as a Zombie alt

Or... Hammer Bro lol
141px-Minecraft_Mario_Mash-Up_Zombie_Render.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sakurai uploaded the pictures without the endermen by mistake, good thing he's done working on the game or they'd surely fire him for that major blunder

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,

I sold my physical version because i'd like to get the digital version instead. Do you remember if he game already had some sort of sale on the ESHOP ? And for the battle passes ?

Thanks !

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hello,

I sold my physical version because i'd like to get the digital version instead. Do you remember if he game already had some sort of sale on the ESHOP ? And for the battle passes ?

Thanks !
I don't recall any sales on the season passes, they had a brief offer of sorts when Sora released that got you double the gold points when buying the second pass but that's about it.

Black Friday eshop sales coming up (we're at least confirmed one starting on Thursday here in Europe) so there's a chance for either the game or passes to go on a very meagre offer of like 20% off, yet I don't really expect them to.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Most of pricier Nintendo games eventually get a 30% promotion on EUR eShop, the caveat being, these promotions are rarer than ones ran by most other publishers, and it's fairly unpredictable if and when they return. However, Smash has not been subject to one of those yet as far as I know, and its DLC cash printing status may be unprecedented for Nintendo as far as I know.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Unrelated, but in the snowball's chance in a volcano that Bobby Kotick leaves Activision, MondoMega and Neoxon get the honor of picking a new avatar for me to wear for three months. I pray for your good fortune.

Also, I will begin drafting the most wanted newcomers thread soon-ish. Stay tuned.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Honestly, Bobby Kotick should have been sacked ages ago. It's a shame it has taken all of these just to even contemplate the possibility of getting his head on the chopping block (metaphorically speaking).

So our first repeat spirit event is... the first-ever spirit event.

Exact same lineup of spirits too; no new ones added

You know, the "I don't know what I expected" gif would feel very appropriate here, but I don't have it at hand.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Hello,

Thanks !
I'm still waiting for a sale on the Smash 4 DLC.
I reckon the NNID eshop doesn't let you discount DLC.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
And then they even added a new item called a Beast Ball that isn't even a Pokemon item lol
That's more on the localisation team having to come up with an alternative to the Japanese name for the item, Devil Ball.

It creates a fun localisation name change chain though, as Pokemon's Beast Balls are called Ultra Balls in Japanese, while Ultra Balls are Hyper Balls (but I think most Pokemon fans know this one; I mean, they have a giant H on them!)

Ultra_Ball_battle_V.png

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
As a kid I just thought it had decorative lines like the Great Ball does

It even sorta looks like an evolution of the simple lines on the Great Ball

I don't know if it's just what I'm used to or not, but I prefer the name Ultra Ball over Hyper Ball. Great -> Ultra -> Master feels like it flows better to me than Great -> Hyper -> Master

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm happy that WB Smash seems to have a higher budget than Nick Smash. Also they're launching with a character I'm interested in (Shaggy), so I might pick it up on launch. Nick Smash still hasn't released Garfield, so I still have not picked it up.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Multiversus looks better than I thought it would considering the leaks. And it looks like it's also kind of gunning at NASB a bit. I do think that so far the actual movesets for the fighters seem pretty creative, since there are actually abilities there that aren't just derivative of Smash and also make sense for the character.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Multiversus looks better than I thought it would considering the leaks. And it looks like it's also kind of gunning at NASB a bit. I do think that so far the actual movesets for the fighters seem pretty creative, since there are actually abilities there that aren't just derivative of Smash and also make sense for the character.
And then you have Shaggy lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Garnet being in the base roster has MultiVersus at a better start in terms of diversity than Smash.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
And then you have Shaggy lol

Oh, I'm going to make excuses for Shaggy. Quite frankly its a pretty tired meme. I guess it works in a sense that they can make a Ryu type fighter though, seeing as he has a fireball and dragon punch....also some sort of wind up. It's really weird that Scooby isn't part of his moveset at all, but he'll probably be his own character eventually, I suppose.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't stop there, keep going.

Static, Morpheus, John Stewart Green Lantern, Vixen, Cyborg, Black Lightning, Huey Freeman, the list goes on. Plus in terms of other people of color, you have the likes of Blue Beetle & Katana.
All excellent options, though let's face it if they're gonna add a Boondocks character(assuming they only add one), It's probably gonna be Robert.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You see this, Smash? It's not that hard.

But seriously, I'm glad to see a Black-coded character in the roster at launch.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They should add Robin and Raven from Teen Titans in Multiversus

And I mean the Teen Titans Go versions, and then we can watch the internet get really mad over it

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

So what's the catch here, I find it hard to believe Nintendo just randomly decided to support the scene after all this time out of the goodness of their hearts

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They should add Robin and Raven from Teen Titans in Multiversus

And I mean the Teen Titans Go versions, and then we can watch the internet get really mad over it
They can add TTGo Cyborg. But if they're gonna do Dick Grayson, do Nightwing.

They should also go for Damian as Robin so we can have mixed MENA & Chinese representation.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
Quoting myself from the Multiversus thread:

Ok, it actually looks far better than I was expecting. I like the "unified" art style they are going for, and the focus on 4 player play with co-op abilities is actually novel.

I'm not sure about the F2P part, and the fact that is the studio's first game sends some red flags, but at least it seems they actually received some budget for once.

It skipping Switch kind of deflates some of my interest, however. I have to assume it's primarily related to the combination of rollback netcode, crossplay and 4 player focus. If I remember right, Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl couldn't handle rollback on Switch with more than 2 players.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nintendo partnering with competitive Smash? And including Melee?

Has hell frozen over?
They can add TTGo Cyborg. But if they're gonna do Dick Grayson, do Nightwing.

They should also go for Damian as Robin so we can have mixed MENA & Chinese representation.

tbh I'm just amused by the prospect of getting TTG's stupid asshole Robin in a fighting game

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So what's the catch here, I find it hard to believe Nintendo just randomly decided to support the scene after all this time out of the goodness of their hearts
The catch is that they just wanted people to stop complaining about them not supporting the scene.

Or maybe the prize pool will be low, I dunno.

Also the actual, very obvious catch; no P+ or any other modifications.

Last edited:

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
What happened to "don't believe Nintendo's lies"? I thought the scene was burnt for good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.