Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is Persona 1 without the crust and the jank really Persona 1 at all?
Yes, and I think Persona 1 is still an excellent game as it is, but there's plenty of factors that make people bounce off of it and I get why. The encounter rate is stupidly high, some aspects like the rank system are not great (and how physical and gun attacks are almost wasted time because of how they don't help with your Persona rank), there's way too many damage types (we do not need Blast (Zan) and Wind (Garu) in the same game. I do appreciate some of the jank in the game, and there's a ton to love about it that I think often gets overlooked.

Most of all, the game establishes lore in the series that P3/4/5 largely abandoned and was kind of critical. Having the "Wild Card" and not letting the rest of the party change Personas really missed the point of what's literally explained in the first few minutes of Persona 1. Removing Philemon was really stupid. You see people's theories about who Igor's master is and all...and Persona 1 literally tells you that.

Having more character development on some of the characters that got shafted (Elly and Brown) would be really nice, as well as more for the other characters. They really don't have anyone like Nanjo anymore in modern games.
I look forward to finding out if that one song remains on the soundtrack and maintains its title.
Which one?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
The only remake you'll be getting is Persona 0: Shin Megami Tensei If...
I'd be here for it honestly.....maybe that would mean it would get localized. I know you can play it emulated with a fan patch, but I would sure love to be able to just play it on my Switch. I only get that option if I could read Japanese. I tried messing around on the Japanese SFC app and I could not get very far lol.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give you a hint: cat meows and car horns.
Ah yeah I know the one! They absolutely should keep that.

One thing that bugged me about the PSP remake was that they cut out the intro riffs to that song. It just starts with the loud bombastic part.

I assume they would probably rename it to "Tesso theme" instead of it's original name.

Also enjoy this:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
latest

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Close up shop? You mean "speculating baselessly until the next game gives us a structure again."

Flowers in September is weird. Sorry Southern Hemisphere people it just isn't right

well

story of seasons accidentally survives another potentially well-timed moment for a spirit event I guess

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would legit rather play Sonic 1 than SMW if the two were put in front of me. No asterisks.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
True, but maybe the last reveal will be an absolutely cataclysmic event that will reduce this thread to a smoking crater before we even get Hangout'ed!

I don't think any of us are ill-mannered enough for that to happen, though.
The only character I could see causing such an event would be an Activision Blizzard character. But in that case, the ensuing backlash would be 100% justified.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
With Smash out of the way, we'll be free to speculate on anything. The stock market. How many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. If Nicholas Picholas is his real name. No one can stop us.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
With Smash out of the way, we'll be free to speculate on anything. The stock market. How many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. If Nicholas Picholas is his real name. No one can stop us.
I wonder if the mods will let us slide if we just remove the "Smash" bits from the thread title.

We just post "Discussion Thread 24" next. Discussion of what? Who knows!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You are too kind.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn when I say that we appreciate you as well.
Thank you, that means a lot.

I know I'm rather critical of Sakurai, especially regarding topics of race & gender. But that's mainly because I want him to do better. I don't believe he's racist, just woefully uninformed.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of threads that we were looking at today, I like the Valis collection because you go into the announcement thread and the series' dedicated fans are like "oh hey I played this series a lot and it wasn't very good"

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
wait what happened in salesera what did i miss

i was shitposting all day elsewhere
Short, polite answer? Bans, trolling, member departures. And that is all I will say on the matter right now. Best to check the last few pages of the current Media Create thread to get a slightly more coherent answer.

Finally we can move to roster cut talk.
The only roster cuts I'm concerned with discussing pertain to all of the thread regulars who used to be here. Think of all the mutually passive-aggressive arguments me and Heartskips could have had!

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I read on Wikipedia that Leda: The Fantastic Adventures of Yohko inspired the whole bikini armour video game revolution, like Valis, Athena, and the female warrior from Dragon Quest III. The timeline matches up at least.
I think it's one of the first isekai anime, too

now that's what you call a complicated legacy

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's wild that Pokemon are allowed to wear clothes, but exclusively under the lore explanation that the clothes are all holographic projections and not real, because Pokemon can't wear clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.