• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenger Pack 11 Avatar Bet
  • OP
    OP
    MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
    Jan 10, 2018
    Sorry Scrappy-Fan92, i'm peforming a hostile takeover of the second avatar bet running in here. It got burried a few days ago, and there was a change in the rules that some may have missed, so i'm going to give it some breathing room right here in its own threadmarked post.

Who exactly is the final fighter?

The rules are simple: anyone wanting to join in on this bet just has to reply to this post with the unique character you're going to root for. Keyword being unique; each character will only be assigned to the first poster that requests them. If you see a character on the list below, they've already been taken.

There are two potential options for "punishments" that the losers of the bet will have to endure; i'm willing to go with whichever one people will enjoy more.
    • Absolute Chaos: The initial bet idea proposed by BGBW; all of the losers will have their avatars randomly swapped amongst themselves. It'd make that final stretch of speculation a lot more confusing, but hopefully if this option is chosen in the end it isn't too bad for most members.
    • A Bit Less Chaotic: I've been preparing unique avatars for everyone currently part of the bet, and the losers would have to wear what they've been assigned; a classic avatar bet set-up. There's still some chaos at play with what I have planned, I can guarantee that, so I hope you'll all like the idea once you get to see them!
    The length of the bet wasn't actually decided on earlier. Unless anybody wants to object and make it a month, I say two weeks is plenty time for either option to play out.

Current entrants:

MEMBERCHARACTERSERIESOWNER
    TheCedAloyHorizonSony
    batfaxPeteStory of SeasonsMarvelous
    ApopheniacWaluigiSuper MarioNintendo
    XwingMaster ChiefHaloMicrosoft
    Lord VatekEstelle BrightTrails in the SkyNihon Falcom
    RockmanBNTravis TouchdownNo More HeroesMarvelous / Grasshopper Manufacture
    DyleMarinaSplatoonNintendo
    MelpomenePhoenix WrightAce AttorneyCapcom
    ScorchedBaconSol BadguyGuilty GearArc System Works
    Giga ManYukaRhythm HeavenNintendo
    jtmmachineThe KnightHollow KnightTeam Cherry
    WeissArle NadjaPuyo PuyoSega
    TheGamingNewsGuySaberFateType-Moon
    y2kyle89Reimu HakureiTouhou ProjectTeam Shanghai Alice
    HorohorohoroCinderacePokémonNintendo / Game Freak / Creatures
    AlgusUnderdunkDoom GuyDoomid Software
    Maximum SpiderDixie KongDonkey KongNintendo
    OkabeGokuDragon BallBirdo Studio / Shueisha / Toei Animation
    ShinobiBkSoraKingdom HeartsDisney

I see this as more of a fun and casual bet. A lot of Smash fans are going to go wild when Challenger Pack 11 is unveiled (whether that be wild excitement or wild anger), but I say we should just enjoy this last round of Ultimate speculation while it lasts. Don't stress about whether your pick is likely or not; go with your gut feeling, pick who you really want to see make it in, because rules don't matter here.

You can also go check out the other Challenger Pack 11 bet currently being run here; First-Party vs. Third-Party; over in the thread organised by Scrappy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.