• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_mvwsxlllnm1rby4vso1_400.gifv

Dixie's on her way to the Game Awards!

To watch other reveals, not necessarily hers, because she's a good sport while she waits her turn.
tumblr_medob5jbYi1rrftcdo2_250.gif

Dixie leaving the game awards after being bored to tears.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm assuming the actual anger is about the uk
Well hey, I was right about this being just like Nintendo's E3 2015 presentation!

Muppets was the best part.
The wii u had no games becuase 3ds and trying to give the switch a good launch

I hope we never have a repeat of that

And no way that will happen with the switch

Though we might get a wii situation in the transition to switch 2

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
What I don't get is why did Nintendo announce more Smash DLC 3 months ago if we aren't getting Fighter #5 until Jan/Feb 2020? Why not save the announcement of more DLC for then? It's going to be a potential 4-5 month gap between the announcement and a new character.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

This thread title is even more accurate than expected!

I think we can now tentatively deconfirm any character who would have made a big splash at TGA, like Master Chief.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I got the NMH3 trailer and the Muppets/Goose skit out of that, so can't say I'm completely empty-handed.

That and the general schadenfreude of Sabi, Verge, and Fatman getting btfo.

Most likely scenario now is a Nintendo Direct in January revealing FP5 followed by a Smash Direct in February breaking FP5 down. Would've been nice to have the reveal before the holidays but oh well.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really nice of Nintendo to let the NMH3 trailer rock for TGA and get people warmed up for Travis as character 5

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Petition to call the next OT "Welcome to the garden of madness" in honor of NMH3, Also cause....well...it's accurate.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking Smash Direct in January that not only finally gives us DLC 5 and probably shadow dropped but also details on Fighter Pass 2 and it's first character.

Even with the Nintendo no show their Q1 isn't that bad with Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Animal Crossing and February would have the regular Direct

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I kind of expected no character reveal. They chose the 5 characters before they decided on how to market them. Now that we don't have to worry about "the Game Awards audience" anymore, fp5 is allowed to be cute and silly.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Unfortunately, Sabi's gonna ride her "there's a hidden meaning to this tweet" response to John Gamexplain all the way to the bank as her being a definite, undeniable insider.

Get ready for a whole nother month of her bullshit.

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, 2020 might be another rough year for Switch actually. I mean, Nintendo spent the latter half of 2019 dropping straight bombs, so a lot of their talent is probably tapped anyway. I'm sure they'll have stuff, but with this awards show no show, it might be worth really evaluating what we're even going to see from Nintendo in 2020 as a whole.

I'm really surprised they didn't show up with something else though. For as much as they played their Switch ads, they comically had nothing to reveal. I mean MUA3 DLC is whatever, No More Heroes III is great but holy hell was that trailer a not friendly way to show off the game to people (but totally on brand for Suda and exciting for his fans), and Bravely Default was the biggest announcement... with a weird numbering to boot (and as someone who thinks Bravely Default is just kind of super generic to play, oof at that reveal all the more).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Fighter 5 is either a mega name that warrants its own reveal and time in the spotlight, or a niche character no one knows about that they announce a few days before release.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When I saw Green Day and Sonic on the screen (before I noticed other games were too) I thought they were gonna do a song for the film.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Unfortunately, Sabi's gonna ride her "there's a hidden meaning to this tweet" response to John Gamexplain all the way to the bank as her being a definite, undeniable insider.
Worst of all is Sabi is going to act all smug about this. Even if they didn't leak a single TGA announcement.
Already being smug posting about "my source being right about no reveal".

Smash speculation is going to kill me eventually if they stick around.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Honestly considering the shit that happened with the Tories today, not getting a Smash character tonight feels rather insignificant.

Perspective is good, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.