• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
ugly steve is so 2019

Minecraft-Steve-Derp-Face-how-strong.jpg

Not realistic enough.

I7xxj28.jpg

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For those are still unaware, Ugly Steve was created by a bunch of 4channers that wanted to get under the skins of Banjo-Kazooie fans.

Steve vs. Banjo was once one of the most hotly debated Smash discussions, simply because they happened to be owned by the same company.
i thought ugly steve was born because /v/ was debating if they would HD steve so he would have expressions

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I do remember that Hipster were overused in certain memes but I can't remember what is the name of those meme. I wasn't sure if anything got changed with the label itself or not. Appreciate the answers here.

Okay, what do you call me, if I'm okay with Super Nerds, Hipster, Cool Kids and Boomer choices?
I guess it really stumped Xwing so hard that he haven't comes up with the name yet. :x

Well, I always like to play video games regardless of the ages and genres because it's more fun to dabbing into many stuffs and not being closed mind about it as well. Only issues I had with video games is lack of time and they made damn too many games because I can't play all of them.

Super Wizard

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey look, it's ugly Geno!

Jokes on you, nerd. All Genos are valid and loved.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, after they make their own jump to the Switch (which will probably happen eventually) Dillon and Mallo can get their chance too.

Well, maybe not Dillon; would he be able to handle double duty with his Assist Trophy role?
Mallo is in the stupid situation where one would have to get really inventive with the moveset. Qbby is abstract, but provides a starting point. Mallo just... grabs. You could throw in warp pipes, I guess. This sounds like Pac-Man level workload.

Yeah the two things that stand out about Porky, other than the lack of spirit, are 1) the affinity Sakurai has for the Mother Series (probably because Iwata worked on it) and 2) the persistent rumors of something new involving Mother coming this year, be it a remake or a new game.
Mhm. I don't know about those rumours, if they somehow end up true, then that gives Porky a lift. Still, he'd be rather unusual amongst Smash characters. He's not just an antagonist, he's the kind that really shows his importance to the game late in it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Imagine if Tee Lopes did a remix for one of the future DLC characters. We already have Sega composers who did Splatoon & Mega Man remixes.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They might have "leaked" Byleth by just spamming a bunch of "predictions" on a private account and then deleting all the wrong ones before making their account public.

It's happened before

Yup. Easy to setup with prep time, but this one is actually pretty funny without that.

This basically damns itself by the date by saying it was Byleth in October when we know Sakurai's video wasn't until November, on top of being a secret to basically everyone in the company itself at that point. There's a reason this one didn't leak at all, and anyone who actually claims inside knowledge on it is beyond suspect as hell, that isn't a normal character announcement.

Even IF someone know Byleth was the character, the list of other people who did know who it was would be so small that someone leaking at THAT point is an idiot and would never try to spread it on twitter as it would put their source at massive risk. Just another goober who desperately wants relevancy.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017

This is going to be my game of the year. I'm buying it on Xbox digitally and a physical Switch cartridge.

Give me ZX3 Capcom.

Mar 9, 2018
Chunky monkey Geno at least looks like Geno. Even if it looks a bit too much like those claymation Christmas movies from the 60s.

Can't say the same thing about lean and lanky Geno. You'd think he was a Nomura character with the way some Geno fans draw him.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
I'll be furious if it has bad input lag like the Switch LC1 MM games or the LC X1-X3 games.

Why did OG Legacy Collection for Switch in particular have input lag? I played it on 3DS and it was perfect.

Also, I still haven't picked up X Legacy. Do all versions have input lag?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Byleth got delayed from December to January so I could theoretically believe they were meant to be announced around Terry's release.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Tee Lopes did a remix for one of the future DLC characters. We already have Sega composers who did Splatoon & Mega Man remixes.

SEGA definitely brings the goods and elevates Smash's music. After all, one of 'em did the best track in all of Smash.

I still hope that they return one day. To only have Mitsuyoshi give us one arrangement... surely at least one of the future DLCs can give us another?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Why did OG Legacy Collection for Switch in particular have input lag? I played it on 3DS and it was perfect.

Also, I still haven't picked up X Legacy. Do all versions have input lag?
Dunno. 3DS was fine and so was Switch 7-10. I compared it to the PS4 collection and I did feel it on the Switch.

As for X. It's just X1-X3. X4-X8 are fine and some are the best way to play.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I mean, Joker was delayed so it wouldn't be THAT surprising if another character was too.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We don't talk enough about Mii Costume Pack wishlists.

SquareEnix/Taito pack:
-Agent 47 (Hitman) (Gunner) (Yes I know he isn't Squenix anymore)
-World Runner (3D World Runner) (Fighter)
-Bub/Bob hats (Bubble Bobble)
-Pocky (Kiki Kai Kai) (Swordfighter)
-Chrono ( Chrono Trigger) (Swordfighter) (Comes with song)
-Mallow Cap (Mario RPG)

Mar 9, 2018
Do we think there's a shot that we get a legacy first party in the pass, i.e., not from a new Nintendo game or not from the newest iteration of a series getting a new game? Someone like Porky or Dixie Kong?
You will most likely be able to meet Dixie Kong in person at Universal Studios. Most characters don't have that kind of pull. I can see Sakurai picking Dixie just for that, let alone a new DK game that may be lurking in our midst.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Easy to setup with prep time, but this one is actually pretty funny without that.

This basically damns itself by the date by saying it was Byleth in October when we know Sakurai's video wasn't until November, on top of being a secret to basically everyone in the company itself at that point. There's a reason this one didn't leak at all, and anyone who actually claims inside knowledge on it is beyond suspect as hell, that isn't a normal character announcement.

Even IF someone know Byleth was the character, the list of other people who did know who it was would be so small that someone leaking at THAT point is an idiot and would never try to spread it on twitter as it would put their source at massive risk. Just another goober who desperately wants relevancy.
Hold it.

Someone here has brought up the SNK credit. For all we know, the only crowd that would have been told about Byleth normally, but wasn't this time, could be Nintendo of Europe, or even a part of it - more realistically, the whole thing, but that still leaves non-trivial amount of people who would know. I can't imagine everyone but camera crew and inner dev ring were told of the whole affair in late December.

I expect that Crash won't show up in the next slot, but for now I'd wait and see with this account.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
We don't talk enough about Mii Costume Pack wishlists.

SquareEnix/Taito pack:
-Agent 47 (Hitman) (Gunner) (Yes I know he isn't Squenix anymore)
-World Runner (3D World Runner) (Fighter)
-Bub/Bob hats (Bubble Bobble)
-Pocky (Kiki Kai Kai) (Swordfighter)
-Chrono ( Chrono Trigger) (Swordfighter) (Comes with song)
-Mallow Cap (Mario RPG)
That's because no one wants Mii costumes. That's like wishing death upon someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.