Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2018
Is our world so dark and dreary that a real ass Zelda character like Midna could get her rightful slot robbed by Linkle or Lana? I don't like to think so pessimistically. I still have hope.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Linkle's duel wielded crossbows are pretty ballin'.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Linkle has the unique status of being made playable because her initially scrapped concept art was included in an art book/strategy guide and people adored the idea enough for KT to go back and add her.

She lives because Zelda fans wanted her.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Assuming Midna is out, my most wanted Zelda character is Marin. Give her a music-themed moveset and let her summon the Wind Fish for her Final Smash.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
A secondary character from the enhanced port of a Zelda spinoff is a really bad candidate to be the Koei Tecmo rep when Ryu Hayabusa exists.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Linkle has the unique status of being made playable because her initially scrapped concept art was included in an art book/strategy guide and people adored the idea enough for KT to go back and add her.

She lives because Zelda fans wanted her.
a true fan favorite

ECRdTK-WsAEOZIU.jpg

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard doesn't have a shot in hell even though I want her pretty much more than any character atm

It's Dimitri or Byleth

Mar 9, 2018
This conversation has made me a strong Ryu Hayabusa supporter. No pasaran.
If I can't have Vaati, then no one wins and I give the slot to 4th Link
Hey, I was going to take the slot hostage first. But I should have known Vaati fans would beat me to the extreme option.

I was going to give it to FE if Midna can't have it. Maybe we'd get Edelgard at least. Smash Bros needs more horns.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dimitri has no chance either. The only way we get any of the three Lords is if they do a second character from 3H.

He's absurdly popular both overseas and in Japan, has near-universal appeal with men and women, and primarily fights using a lance so he sets himself apart from sword users

I can't wait for Sakurai to pass over the woman and the man of color for a white guy.

予想通り

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
He's absurdly popular both overseas and in Japan, has near-universal appeal with men and women, and primarily fights using a lance so he sets himself apart from sword users
Yes, and they've never put in a FE character that isn't the player character/main protag without also having the player character/main protag in the game.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Honestly, do we even know if there's gonna be an entire second fighter pass? Assuming it hasn't been mentioned somewhere I kind of have my doubts, like IDK I just kind of picture them making 2-3 more characters and then calling it a day.
We dont really know much honestly. That was just a guess. I really hope we get another fighter pass tho.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
My bold prediction is that if we get a Three Houses character it's going to be Edelgard.

Robin instead of Chrom was an unexpected switch up. Chrom was GUARANTEED for Smash 4 to so many people. and now that avatar over lord is expected, Sakurai's gonna reverse it and do the unexpected again.

Edelgard is popular and the most important character in the game. The plot of every route hinges on her

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and they've never put in a FE character that isn't the player character/main protag without also having the player character/main protag in the game.

When Robin was added in Smash 4, Sakurai noted that they picked him over Chrom because he would be the more interesting choice. I don't see why it's impossible for the same thing to happen to Dimitri.

Are we talking about Claude now?

Also, polls that were laughably wrong for Fates are still wrong now.

In what universe is Claude more popular with men and woman than Dimitri.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
When Robin was added in Smash 4, Sakurai noted that they picked him over Chrom because he would be the more interesting choice. I don't see why it's impossible for the same thing to happen to Dimitri.

Dimitri would be the least interesting lord to pick from three houses though lol

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard getting screwed over in favor of a guy is par for the course for Three Houses.
I'll never not be mad that her route is shorter than the others by multiple weeks.

They should have added her rooting out TWSITD as actual playable missions rather than confining it to a single line in her "where are they now" postgame card.

It's not impossible, I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the former, uh....this one.

Seriously, vocal online people do not represent the fanbase, something which you would think should be abundantly clear with FE discussion by now.

Okay, so every single popularity poll (Korean, Japanese, and the unofficial English reddit) having Dimitri smack dab at #1 mean absolutely nothing?

Dimitri would be the least interesting lord to pick from three houses though lol

I'd prefer him over Byleth, easily

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so every single popularity poll (Korean, Japanese, and the unofficial English reddit) having Dimitri smack dab at #1 mean absolutely nothing?

Korea is whatever, do you not remember Fates where Camilla never was #1 until it actually mattered?

Yes, I don't give a shit about the same sources that were off last time.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Oh yeah

But not over Claude and Edelgard nah. Claude's Bow and Edelgard's Axe would make for a more unique FE moveset than Dimitri's Lance

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
House arguments are so much better than arguing how much Fates sucks. Good gravy, what a turnaround for the FE fandom!

Edelgard sucks.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the polls mean something but are a drop in the bucket in terms of people who actually played the game

Dimitri may in fact be the most popular, but even then is hardly a golden ticket to be next in line after Byleth

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Dimitri is popular because he's boring.

He's the McDonald's of Lords.

Also. the online stats that displayed on loading screens made it clear that Black Eagles were overwhelmingly the first choice of the player base.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Why don't we all just agree that more Fire Emblem is like the least interesting thing they could add to Smash at this point and that it's safe to assume we won't get any more of it until at least the next new Smash game.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Korea is whatever, do you not remember Fates where Camilla never was #1 until it actually mattered?

Yes, I don't give a shit about the same sources that were off last time.

Then what possible basis do you have for Claude being more popular than Dimitri when the only available empirical data proves otherwise?

And don't give me that "sources were off" garbage. Individual outliers don't preclude popularity polls from giving some indication of how the fandom views these characters.

And like... it's anecdotal as fuck, you literally can't go anywhere without people mass-riding Dimitri.

Oh yeah

But not over Claude and Edelgard nah. Claude's Bow and Edelgard's Axe would make for a more unique FE moveset than Dimitri's Lance

Edelgard = Claude >>> Dimitri >>>>>> Byleth

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I might be the only one but I care more about the music a character will bring to Smash than the character itself.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why don't we all just agree that more Fire Emblem is like the least interesting thing they could add to Smash at this point and that it's safe to assume we won't get any more of it until at least the next new Smash game.
Nah. Three Houses is sick it deserves notable Smash representation

Status
Not open for further replies.