• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So my question from like 40 pages ago didn't really get answered.

If the Smash download code works, and it's downloaded, can it be data-mined?
It doesn't work and it can't be downloaded before release.

Even if people were able to download it, nobody has figured out how to crack the Switch's pre-load protection (which protects the title keys that allow people to access the games) so they won't be able datamine anything.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Papa Geno strikes me someone parroting what people want to hear just to get attention. I'd love to be wrong, but him coming out the blue all of a sudden while claiming that the leak is 100% legit makes me pretty suspicious of him.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truest take on KH worlds is that Agrabah always sucked. Always.

Well yeah. That's a universal KH truth.

this take burned my mouth kh2 worlds are so good

i'll take way better fighting mechanics over the wonky af platforming in 1. i ain't trying to move like simon belmont in 3d

The combat mechanics of KH1 were fire.

And the platforming is fine as soon as you get High Jump. It's just that Deep Jungle soured people on it.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
OK so most if this is fine and in line with what most people think that's fine. But I laughed at this part in particular
I know Nintendo has special protections that prevent datamines of preloads, but if there's any game that would inspire fans into finding a way to break past the encryption, its Smash.
I am always tickled by people saying but maybe..!! to this type of thing when preloads coem up.
Here's SciresM, one of the big dataminers for Pokemon, talking about why this will never happen https://pastebin.com/uxwbNHKu
With the big tl;dr being
The games will be protected by a 128-bit value, which nobody can brute-force before the universe dies.

if they unlock the preload there are significantly more interesting (& perhaps worrying, security wise) things going on than finding out the game's roster thats for sure.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
OK so most if this is fine and in line with what most people think that's fine. But I laughed at this part in particular

I am always tickled by people saying but maybe..!! to this type of thing when preloads coem up.
Here's SciresM, one of the big dataminers for Pokemon, talking about why this will never happen https://pastebin.com/uxwbNHKu
With the big tl;dr being

if they unlock the preload there are significantly more interesting (& perhaps worrying, security wise) things going on than finding out the game's roster thats for sure.
I saw that a week or so ago and was trying to find it, so thanks. Even if they were able to try and crack it, they definitely wouldn't be able to.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
remember when they accidentally let people download Color Splash two weeks early

that was a fun goof

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When the leak hasn't been confirmed real or fake after several days.

sudden_realization_the_shining.gif

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I got a box of Christmas presents I ordered from Walmart today, and I'd be lying if it didn't cross my mind that maybe there was a chance they accidentally sent me an early copy of Smash and what I would have to do to make sure I could play it without getting my Switch banned or Nintendo storming my house.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a box of Christmas presents I ordered from Walmart today, and I'd be lying if it didn't cross my mind that maybe there was a chance they accidentally sent me an early copy of Smash and what I would have to do to make sure I could play it without getting my Switch banned or Nintendo storming my house.

If the original leaker can risk his job for us then so can you, soldier!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
probably just turn off the switch's internet connection

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

With the big tl;dr being

Huh. You learn something new everyday then. Release the pre-loads already, Nintendo!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

Man, imagine the end to this anime is if you or another random Era member accidentaly receives the game early and is able to proof/disproof the leak.

Now that's good plot twist.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I wish I could get lucky with getting games before their release date. The only games that i've ever gotten early are...

Ocarina of Time 3D and Sonic Lost World.

Yay...

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to find a store that was selling We <3 Katamari a week early

it was a beautiful miracle

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Most of the time the games I order are late lol

I got an early game once, but I don't even remember what it was because I had no intention to play it the day it came and it was some game that wasn't as good as I thought it'd be

Edit: I think it was Sticker Star if I'm remembering right

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If team real wins then what about the team fake members that also made avatar bets for Incineroar and the box theory, does it all count as one?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Amazon was a week late with my BotW Wii U order. I ended up just buying it digitally and returning the very late boxed copy. My Star Allies order was late by a day and then they hid the game in a weird place so I didn't find it until another day passed.

I hope Amazon isn't late with my Let's Go Eevee order

PCK

Oct 26, 2018

The fact that the background was in the leak multiple times, makes it less believable now.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Wait, I just remembered I also got Marvel vs Capcom 3 (the original) early as well! That was REALLY cool, I was mad hype for it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.