What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The longer I look at the stage list, the more I think I just wanna play on them sequentially as I unlock characters, however that happens

God I am so pleased with the stages in this game

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Don't forget Mr. Saturn.

Maybe.
He seems to like Mr. Saturn--
Awy-Mp-CIAA9T7V.jpg

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
YSmDwOz.gif

Spent the last hour or so (minus breakfast) on this for fun. Couldn't get the color values quite right but I tried my best to manipulate the blank E3 banner to resemble the grinch one as closely as possible. Above are the full character banners for E3, Isabelle and August Direct (from top to bottom).

Feel free to draw your own conclusions... There are some areas I find suspicious. BUT. One thing I noticed while working on this little project is how the waterfalls/trapezoidal structures on the right (particularly the one in the middle) have always been obscured by Dedede. However, this was something the fake banner got right. (ignore the fact that the rightmost one is gone)

Yes, it was obscured even before Richter appeared in the August Direct:

2MKLS2u.png

And in the very first time we saw the mural:

LRzomIb.png

Hmmm....

(Edit: It is possible, then, that the leaker had access to the blank e3 banner. But take note that 1) No one was able to find it for 24 hours, 2) He would have no reason to work in discrepancies 3) If we admit point 2, that means that the discrepancies are due to artifacts and distortion - which takes us back to square 1
Hmm, this is pretty compelling...

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, the Grinch being associated with this leak is incredibly apt when you consider the Chadondorf 4chan post. Only a person with a rotten heart would screw Sakurai's plans this much lol

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
When you boot up the game, what will be your first match?

Me, it's always a Mario (me) v Link v Kirby v Pikachu (all CPU) match on Battlefield (I usually don't get to have Smash launch parties with friends)
Starting with Mario vs. a Level 9 Bowser CPU on Battlefield has been tradition for me since Melee. (The very first thing I did in Melee was play the Trouble King event)

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Check the edit lol, I didn't realise the looping version was different

However, correct me again if I'm wrong, the leaker would still have to guess the height of the waterfall given that Dedede's foot is obscuring it. But that's a very weak counterpoint given how blurry and distorted the original "leaked" image is anyway

Fun project either way, still on #TeamFake

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the revamped Melee stages and the 3DS stages in HD give me warm fuzzies

Those and the 3DS stages have me reeling. Unova Pokemon League being remastered this way is seriously as good as a newcomer for me.

Also reminder that the English Smash site still has Arbor de la superfelicidad on there. Curious that it hasn't been corrected yet.

Starting with Mario vs. a Level 9 Bowser CPU on Battlefield has been tradition for me since Melee. (The very first thing I did in Melee was play the Trouble King event)

Nice! Hoping there are some good event matches in this game as well

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
First thing I'm gonna do is play as Pikachu in Peach's Castle. That was my first match in Smash Bros 64.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone yet done that exercise suggested by Omni, where you take each banner image, erase all of the characters but leave everything in the background and then layer each image together in order to see what the leaker had to work with assuming it's fake?

Read their latest edit, you actually can see the second waterfall between Wario and Dedede in the first picture.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone yet done that exercise suggested by Omni, where you take each banner image, erase all of the characters but leave everything in the background and then layer each image together in order to see what the leaker had to work with assuming it's fake?

Read their latest edit, you actually can see the second waterfall between Wario and Dedede in the first picture.
There are 7 banners, so... lol

I'm not free later in the afternoon, but perhaps if 7 people who were worked together, we could possibly make it happen

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh fuck, I just realized I can't even take part in that tradition since I have to unlock Bowser now, lol
I mean, you can go to your local retailer of choice and purchase a Bowser™ amiibo™ to play as him immediately in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate™ for the Nintendo Switch™ game system!

/s

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There are 7 banners, so... lol

I'm not free later in the afternoon, but perhaps if 7 people who were worked together, we could possibly make it happen

Wait how are you getting 7? I thought there were 3, the E3 one, the August Direct one and the September Direct one.

If the website scrolling banner is different then that makes 4. Where are the other 3?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Asked this a couple days ago too (maybe yesterday?), what're people's current thoughts on DQ's chances at this point?
I think the only feasible third party franchises that have sold more copies are Minecraft and Resident Evil, both of which seem harder to make a compelling playable character out of.

I think it's an inevitability, whether it's base roster, DLC, or Smash 6.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
The IGN NVC cast discussed it on the new episode and they all pretty much think it's real.

Has that been covered?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The IGN NVC cast discussed it on the new episode and they all pretty much think it's real.

Has that been covered?
Would any of them potentially have sources on the Smash roster? Like are they speaking as fans looking from the outside or do they think it's real in spite of insider info?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the Isaac thread on Smashboards

I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
Would any of them potentially have sources on the Smash roster? Like are they speaking as fans looking from the outside or do they think it's real in spite of insider info?

They don't mention sources or insider info or anything like that. Definitely speaking as fans, but, I'd imagine at least Peer has intel...

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

That's... an interesting point. I still don't think it would make any sense to completely change the crystals or things like that but I could see certain details removed and colors changed a bit because of this.

Still, if we can figure out that the only changed portions were those completely obscured by characters then that'll still essentially put the final nail in the coffin of this leak.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Wrist bands, sky tubes, suppositories...does anyone actually know what it's for anymore?

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will probably stretch out the roster unlocks as long as I possibly can, depending on the unlock criteria obviously. I don't know if anything in gaming activates my dopamine rush quite like the challenger approaching in Smash Bros. does, and you can only go through that once per game cycle.

And I'll obviously be taking a CSS screenshot for every single new character added <3

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They don't mention sources or insider info or anything like that. Definitely speaking as fans, but, I'd imagine at least Peer has intel...
Well then. At least it further solidifies how seemingly compelling it is from those not in the know. Which makes the situation of the leak being fake from other insiders' perspective all the more frustrating because I'd imagine it can be really compelling but it's understandable they don't share it.

This weekend is going to be hell

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys I'm on the staff of Delgo 2 and it turns out it's theater release coincides with the release of Smash Ultimate.

Juicy rumors incoming!!!

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
This is officially the most bizarrely complicated analysis of a leak has gotten.

We could be using this level of collective analysis to solve murders but we're using it to debate whether Banjo or Incineroar is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.