What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
oeBQ93W.png

Jesus this community is heading down the toilet fast.

FACT: The seam isn't there because a character was removed, it simply how the website works. The banner is split into sections and that's where two sections meet. It was either a case of one section not being uploaded correctly with the rest or someone's cache causing the site to not load properly.

FACT: The direct wasn't delayed because of Isaac. It was tasteless to suggest that back then and it's tasteless to suggest that now.

FACT: Two leaf sprouts are common as muck in games (now if it was three leafed I'd be impressed). Heck there's already another item using the two leaf sprout imagery, that's how common it is. Nothing suggests it's to do with Golden Sun. It could be related to a magnitude of properties.

FACT: Loads of Nintendo properties had their trademarks renewed this year. Where's the support for Ashley from Another Code huh? That was one of the other games renewed.
Jesus this post is condescending as fuck.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, I'm saying maybe there was content featuring earthquakes that was removed. The delay itself was obviously out of respect for a national tragedy. But does that preclude altering content to be tasteful? I also thought there were insiders that made similar suggestions at the time (not Isaac in particular, but general content concerns), but I may be mistaken.
They did, at least Laura Kate Dale

Mar 9, 2018
I don't care. I want Sakurai to explain K. Rool on screen. I want Sakurai to go over all his moves and the history behind them.

Side B from DKC1.
Neutral B from DKC2.
Up B from DKC3.
Down B from DeviantArt/Google image results.

I want to soak it up all over again.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
oeBQ93W.png

FACT: The seam isn't there because a character was removed, it simply how the website works. The banner is split into sections and that's where two sections meet. It was either a case of one section not being uploaded correctly with the rest or someone's cache causing the site to not load properly.

FACT: The direct wasn't delayed because of Isaac. It was tasteless to suggest that back then and it's tasteless to suggest that now.

FACT: Two leaf sprouts are common as muck in games (now if it was three leafed I'd be impressed). Heck there's already another item using the two leaf sprout imagery, that's how common it is. Nothing suggests it's to do with Golden Sun. It could be related to a magnitude of properties.

FACT: Loads of Nintendo properties had their trademarks renewed this year. Where's the support for Ashley from Another Code huh? That was one of the other games renewed.

Smash Era, we're driving BGBW insane! Think about what we're doing!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the earthquake speculation is that it's just as easy for it to be purely about the event as about the specific content of the Direct. The disrespectful part, at least in my view, is that it's got this sort of unstated assumption that it must be some sort of virtue signalling thing where Nintendo was trying to avoid a bad PR situation and can't possibly be just because people in had something more pressing to concern themselves with than games at that moment.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Agreed.

Speculate about the rumor all you want, but this earthquake stuff is disturbing.

I mean, lets say Isaac is confirmed, and his cg trailer DOES involve him casting earthquake. Does the conversation go from disturbing to horrible coincidence?

I'd also like to point out that insiders are the biggest reason we think grinch leak is fake, and another insider (laura kate dale) claimed there was something in the direct that when we saw it'd be obvious why it was delayed. Since we saw nothing in the direct that felt that way, I feel one has to wonder if that announcement was itself pushed back.

Unless we're gonna selectively decide which insiders with solid track records were going to listen to and about what I dunno how we can avoid this discussion. Same way mvc3 discussion couldn't avoid talking about the tsunami which had a tangible impact on that game and caused the creation of umvc3, it's possible the earthquake impacted smash and the order of character reveals.

Unless you or other insiders have a strong reason to think Isaac is 100% not in the game and can share that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the earthquake speculation is that it's just as easy for it to be purely about the event as about the specific content of the Direct. The disrespectful part, at least in my view, is that it's got this sort of unstated assumption that it must be some sort of virtue signalling thing where Nintendo was trying to avoid a bad PR situation and can't possibly be just because people in had something more pressing to concern themselves with than games at that moment.

I certainly would never considering shuffling away offensive material in the face of a natural disaster as virtue signaling. It just feels like a moral and normal thing to do, and it happens all the time.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The comparison doesn't even make any sense. In the first seam people brought up, the seam was right next to the edge of Isaac. In this one, it completely overlaps Geno.

There's no consistent correlation here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oeBQ93W.png

Yes please, let's stop with the conspiracy bs. We should know everything in two weeks anyway, so let's talk about the real interesting stuff like Wii Fit Trainer's new face and Ike's new voice /s

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
So yeah I think this Issac banner crop has actually been pretty thoroughly debunked. The evidence still says he's in though

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously the delay was out of genuine respect for a national tragedy, first and foremost. What we won't ever know is if content was also altered somewhere to be sensitive to the situation. Either way, it would be coming from a genuine and thoughtful place.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can we pull back from this "Isaac was delayed because of the real life earthquake" talk? Please?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, let's stop with the conspiracy bs. We should know everything in two weeks anyway, so let's talk about the real interesting stuff like Wii Fit Trainer's new face and Ike's new voice /s
Honestly I don't know why people don't talk about the fact that Ike's voice isn't different enough in the dub. It's actually notable in the JP dub.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I mean, lets say Isaac is confirmed, and his cg trailer DOES involve him casting earthquake. Does the conversation go from disturbing to horrible coincidence?

I'd also like to point out that insiders are the biggest reason we think grinch leak is fake, and another insider (laura kate dale) claimed there was something in the direct that when we saw it'd be obvious why it was delayed. Since we saw nothing in the direct that felt that way, I feel one has to wonder if that announcement was itself pushed back.

Unless we're gonna selectively decide which insiders with solid track records were going to listen to and about what I dunno how we can avoid this discussion. Same way mvc3 discussion couldn't avoid talking about the tsunami which had a tangible impact on that game and caused the creation of umvc3, it's possible the earthquake impacted smash and the order of character reveals.

Unless you or other insiders have a strong reason to think Isaac is 100% not in the game and can share that.
The content of the Direct that was believed to be a factor in the delay was the trailer & reveal of Cities: Skylines. The main reason for the delay was because of the horrific event that transpired.

Whether or not Isaac is in Smash is a completely unrelated matter.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly would never considering shuffling away offensive material in the face of a natural disaster as virtue signaling. It just feels like a moral and normal thing to do, and it happens all the time.

I don't think it would be if that's what happened. But what I mean is that it isn't necessary for anything specific to the Direct to have caused the delay, so it becomes disrespectful because introducing that idea also adds that assumption.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people would be upset by the possibility that Nintendo thoughtfully altered content out of sensitivity to a then ongoing tragedy? Again, the delay itself was out of respect to the victims, but so would any content alteration. We just don't know, but wondering doesn't make light of anything. If anything, it recognizes the gravity of the tragedy.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oeBQ93W.png

The points you make are reasonable but the tone of this post comes across like you want no one to speculate about anything.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
To clarify, I'm saying maybe there was content featuring earthquakes that was removed. The delay itself was obviously out of respect for a national tragedy. But does that preclude altering content to be tasteful? I also thought there were insiders that made similar suggestions at the time (not Isaac in particular, but general content concerns), but I may be mistaken.
I think LKD mentioned that there was a game that was "clearly" the cause for the delay and would be obvious when we actually see it, but nothing in the Direct really matched what they described.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure why people would be upset by the possibility that Nintendo thoughtfully altered content out of sensitivity to a then ongoing tragedy? Again, the delay itself was out of respect to the victims, but so would any content alteration. We just don't know, but wondering doesn't make light of anything. If anything, it recognizes the gravity of the tragedy.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me. But if it upsets people, I'll drop it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think part of the problem is that it's a speculation that occurred while thousands of people died and were left homeless. I remember on another forum there were a handful of people posting about the delay when, objectively, more important things were happening.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that isacc was delayed makes no sense because it defies Music Slot Theory.

the leak is still real, but move on guys

Oct 25, 2017
Arguing about whether we're getting fucking Mach Rider and Banjo is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more interesting than debating the qualities of fucking Ken and Incineroar. Like most of these past leaks are the safest shit, my grandmother could've predicted Ken was in the game.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Nothing on this level
What "level"

We have an odd website cut from a few months ago and an item whose identity we do not know that could easily just be a generic item.

Skull Kid had Young Link's missing final smash, his AT missing, the multiple Majora's Mask (the game) references in Ultimate, and the new Moon assist missing SK from it
If anything, Skull Kid has more odd coincidences than Isaac

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go back to throwing my opinion that character X should be in against your opinion that character Y should be in exactly like we've been doing since like 2006. That's much more interesting than working together to gather evidence in order to prove or disprove a new leak.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
smh

you had me until here. it's a golden sun item. Isaac is in, even though this thing is just a website error.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
The points you make are reasonable but the tone of this post comes across like you want no one to speculate about anything.

But what is there to discuss with this. We have seen how that this is just a site glitch and nothing else so like of course this will shut down discussion and now people are trying to turn this around to the last direct which is disrespectful as fuck. If your only concern with that post is that it comes off as rude than I think that post is perfect since there is nothing to discuss here about that.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What "level"

We have an odd website cut from a few months ago and an item whose identity we do not know that could easily just be a generic item.

Skull Kid had Young Link's missing final smash, his AT missing, the multiple Majora's Mask (the game) references in Ultimate, and the new Moon assist missing SK from it
If anything, Skull Kid has more odd coincidences than Isaac
unlike Skull Kid Isaac was not deconfirmed tho

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Why is no one suggesting that the fake leaker put the new characters in these seams that he found to add some legitamcy to his leak? Yeah, quite a few coincidences, but what if it isn't a coincidence and he chose to add his fake characters to those spots on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.