• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
You know what would be amazing but likely won't be the case - Nintendo got the pepole who worked on the Zelda fan-film Terrible Fate to work on the Skull Kid's trailer

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
She was still wrong about a lot of things like Smash port at launch, Mario at launch, Zelda a few months later... Basically everyone was wrong
Regardless of that, a lot of journalist and people in the industry back the leak as fake, is not only her. Just as Laura Kate Dale, I know Emily got some info wrong, but I refuse to believe so many people, including journalist, who should double check their sources, lying about the leak.

If anything, the only thing I truly believe is that, in order to have come to this whole actual scenario, one of the sides got Gematsu'd. At least we are less than 26 hours from the truth.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Team Fake right now solely because I really trust Emily and her proven record (for example, all the NX/Switch info she knew before anyone), but yeah, is so confusing to see this insiders, as a whole, who we should trust, all having conflicting info. I still believe Emily, but is still amusing seeing this chaos unfolding.

Despite all the chaos, everything is pointing Ken and incineroar, nothing more. What's infuriating is people hyping up the direct. "maybe some surprises", "this is going to be an interesting week" or "enjoy the direct". Man nothing is interesting and enjoyable about freaking Incineroar.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I was a little bummed when the Grinch happened since it took away the surprise of the last direct.

Now I'm basically 50/50 on whether it's real or not, and it's actually making me more anxious for the direct than if I had no idea whatsoever.

I can't wait another 24-hours dammit.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you. The flip flopping is annoying.

I'm on Team Fake right now solely because I really trust Emily and her proven record (for example, all the NX/Switch info she knew before anyone), but yeah, is so confusing to see this insiders, as a whole, who we should trust, all having conflicting info. I still believe Emily, but is still amusing seeing this chaos unfolding.

Also, staying on Team Real keeps me from making more of these stupid rosters.

uDRKHfw.png

(Green = Newcomers, Yellow = Unannounced, Red = Unannounced DLC)

I have a problem...

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Despite all the chaos, everything is pointing Ken and incineroar, nothing more. What's infuriating is people hyping up the direct. "maybe she surprises", "this is going to be an interesting week" or "enjoy the direct". Man nothing is interesting and enjoyable about freaking Incineroar.
This is true and I also feel your pain. If we remove all the Grinch leak stuff and other conflicting speculation, yeah, that's theonly thing we got left. For now, I'm in the mood of letting everything flow and have an open mind to whatever comes out tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome, should be a fun time.

So... Did anything happen in the last 10 hours?

Here you go. Is not everything, but the main stuff.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
What would cause more chaos, Grinch leak being right, leading to a mass amount of insiders being wrong or the Grinch leak being wrong leading to a amount of fans being disappointed?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Despite all the chaos, everything is pointing Ken and incineroar, nothing more. What's infuriating is people hyping up the direct. "maybe she surprises", "this is going to be an interesting week" or "enjoy the direct". Man nothing is interesting and enjoyable about freaking Incineroar.
There's more than just Ken and Incineroar, at least according to... basically every insider.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Emily did say there are 2 characters not on the banner. So Incineroar and Ken are definitely not true and she even said there were like at most 1 more character from the banner that's real. So that's at least 4 characters.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What would cause more chaos, Grinch leak being right, leading to a mass amount of insiders being wrong or the Grinch leak being wrong leading to a amount of fans being disappointed?
There's literally nothing that could be announced that wouldn't lead to a mass amount of insiders being wrong. They've all been contradicting each other.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

The first. #teamreal basically died so we're expecting the leak to be fake.

Personally, I hope everyone is wrong. At this point, it's the best case scenario.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
The Grinch leak would cause massive damage if it became true. People on reddit and 4chan are actually waiting for this to happen in order to discredit and don't trust forever all the insiders, like putting them on blacklist and harassing them for ages for lying about their precious videogames. Meme'd to hell.

The leak being fake surely would lead to massive dissapointment, but I think the actual, factual discussion of the game contents is gonna overtake the sadness in the long run, all while we wait for the leaker who craft it to show us how he did it. Not to mention, all the discussion will quickly move to DLC stuff.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
That depends on your definition of chaos. I don't see much of die-hard Grinch roster believers here or on my part of Twitter, but I hear e.g. GameFAQs is a different story. At any rate both results would be largely compartmentalized.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

We're at a point where people have given up on Grinch and now praying for a surprise third party character. Even a simple Slime newcomer would create huge chaos among people hungry for a shocking reveal moment.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
So like, a few days ago someone just randomly posted a picture of Battlefield New Donk City Hall with Isabelle and Yoshi on it that wasn't from anywhere and nobody ever brought it up again and it's been on my mind since then.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

Grinch being right. For one it'll likely embolden those who were harassing insiders into harassing them more.

It also means the insiders will have really damaged their reputations for being so sure it was fake.

If it's fake, fans will get over it.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So like, a few days ago someone just randomly posted a picture of Battlefield New Donk City Hall with Isabelle and Yoshi on it that wasn't from anywhere and nobody ever brought it up again and it's been on my mind since then.
I think people agreed that it's just unused footage for that commercial awhile back. So at best it was just some footage of other currently announced characters fighting

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
That depends on your definition of chaos. I don't see much of die-hard Grinch roster believers here or on my part of Twitter, but I hear e.g. GameFAQs is a different story. At any rate both results would be largely compartmentalized.
This pretty much depends on where are you moving and lurking. On twitter will depend of who you follow, because there's still a good bunch of anime avatar bois out there betting on the Grinch. Here on ERA is pretty tame and most have come to accept it as fake, but 4chan and most of Reddit are banking their life savings on the Grinch stealing christmas. Is wild.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't remember so many people with knowledge of the roster back in Smash 4 times though, what's different this time?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even PlayerEssence said he knew about Ridley before Ridley was revealed and said people knew about this Direct for weeks.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The Grinch leak would cause massive damage if it became true. People on reddit and 4chan are actually waiting for this to happen in order to discredit and don't trust forever all the insiders, like putting them on blacklist and harassing them for ages for lying about their precious videogames. Meme'd to hell.

The leak being fake surely would lead to massive dissapointment, but I think the actual, factual discussion of the game contents is gonna overtake the sadness in the long run, all while we wait for the leaker who craft it to show us how he did it. Not to mention, all the discussion will quickly move to DLC stuff.

Basically my take as well. The Grinch leak being true is going to convince a lot of shitty people that they have carte blanche to devalue and harass every major insider for the foreseeable future.

It actually is really beneficial for it to be fake, because all of the madness of the last week will actually end as people eventually move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.