Status
Not open for further replies.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's an AT likely. Nobody ever leaked him.

The EZA video about this rumor Damiani said his source said only Ken from the banner was in. I think that's it.
If that's the case then it raises the chance of getting a new franchise. But what franchise that's left could supply both a character and an Echo fighter? Golden Sun is already out from that so it probably leads to a third party.

ItsKipz

Oct 27, 2018
If that's the case then it raises the chance of getting a new franchise. But what franchise that's left could supply both a character and an Echo fighter? Golden Sun is already out from that so it probably leads to a third party.
A third part...with a character and an echo...that nobody's thought of...

PHOENIX WRIGHT WITH EDGEWORTH ECHO BABY ITS TIME

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Alright fam

Intro trailer - Incineroar
Incineroar character breakdown
Spitits Mode unveiled
New Echoes Unveiled - Shadow and Ken
New Newcomer - Elma
Elma Character Breakdown
New Assist Trophies
Demo releasing after the direct
Sakurai thanks you for your time and has one last surprise
New Newcomer - Sora

FINAL ROSTER

Inklings
Ridley
Simon Belmont
King K Rool
Isabelle
Incineroar
Elma
Sora

Daisy
Richter Belmont
Chrom
Dark Samus
Ken
Shadow

This is my expectation floor as well, just hoping Sakurai will surprise us. Chorus Kids would be the extra mile but still possible. Wonder Red or Mach Rider would be dream scenario.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a thought: Instead of Elma or whatever, what if the new Nintendo character besides Incineroar was actually a retro rep?

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on the Masozi subplot earlier in this thread.

On one hand, that Masozi was handpicked to receive an exciting leak (or fake) suggests to my extremely wishful thinking that Wonder-Red may still be on the table.

On the other, Masozi wasn't nearly ecstatic enough about this for it to be Wonder-Red.

We need a WTF character. Chibi Robo or Monita have a good chance.

Still hoping for Sakurai to throw in a HAL tribute by way of Qbby (Boxboy), myself.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
The cruel irony is that Sakurai is going to bring back Isaac as an assist trophy, but it'll be more detailed and do more than just Move.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
How about this for the final newcomer trailer

Trailer starts out with Metal Face whooping Shulk's ass. It looks like Metal Face is about to land the final blow and then Uncontrollable starts playing. Elma comes in with the Sliding Slinger for the save. We see some gameplay, she's got that mech rifle, then it cuts back to CG. They've got the upper hand and then what's this? Malos jumps in to clash against Shulk with his own Monado. The fight is evening up until... Counterattack starts to play and we get the final newcomer for Smash Ultimate, Rex & Pyra/Mythra. Close it out with small gameplay clips showing the 'reverse Pokemon trainer mechanics' for Rex & Pyra and Malos clearly being a Shulk echo fighter.

This has 0% chance to happen but I can dream

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Post truth society. If you're a journalist or a person in position of knowledge, you'll get hated on by people spreading misinformation, just because you're reporting things that aren't to their like.

It's sad and pathetic. I had to correct a lot of people about this kind of stuff and remind them about how each one of these trusted insiders got many more things right in the past and I get hated on for even saying this.
Well to be fair I think some insiders can be wrong about certain details and possibilities that can come out. It's not likely they'd be wrong about so many things that it would leave the Grinch leak real but best we can do is take what they say with a grain of salt and keep it in mind for the speculation.

Maybe they are mistaken about Isaac being an AT and he is a playable character. However that doesn't mean Insiders are wrong overall, that just means they got a detail wrong which happens alot. It seems people sometimes conflate getting details wrong with having bad rumors but often times when their story was 95% right I don't see how we can completely disregard them. It's kind of a similar discussion we'd have about Vergeben before the Grinch leak happened

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
15 minutes would still be left in the Direct by this point tomorrow!

Wow
Era by this time tomorrow:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up on the Masozi subplot earlier in this thread.

On one hand, that Masozi was handpicked to receive an exciting leak (or fake) suggests to my extremely wishful thinking that Wonder-Red may still be on the table.

On the other, Masozi wasn't nearly ecstatic enough about this for it to be Wonder-Red.

Still hoping for Sakurai to throw in a HAL tribute by way of Qbby (Boxboy), myself.
I honestly hate to admit that part of the reason why I don't think her character was Wonder Red is that she didn't seem excited enough about that character. Like it's weird but I have a feeling she would be going insane if it was Wonder Red and probably would've verified it with others first.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Post truth society. If you're a journalist or a person in position of knowledge, you'll get hated on by people spreading misinformation, just because you're reporting things that aren't to their like.

It's sad and pathetic. I had to correct a lot of people about this kind of stuff and remind them about how each one of these trusted insiders got many more things right in the past and I get hated on for even saying this.

Nothing but truth bombs here. Preach.

I think they confuse her with Laura and Eurogamer, but man that must be frustrating.

It would honestly not surprise me. LKD gets a seriously bad rap and most people probably hear "woman insider" and assume it's her.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane how much people are misinformed about Emily. I was just on Reddit and people were saying how wrong she was about everything Switch and Pokemon Stars, with like 150 upvotes... When she was the one dropping truth on her blog about details of the console... I think they confuse her with Laura and Eurogamer, but man that must be frustrating.

It's crazy because I remember when she was the only one saying that the Switch was about to be unveiled and everyone, including other insiders, didn't believe her. And finally when she was proven right I was thinking "finally, people will start believing her!". That was 2 years ago...

Some people, mostly outside of this forum, have a really weird relationship with insiders. They don't remember any actual details and just convince themselves that they're wrong. I've rarely seen so much confusion and misinformation.
Laura was the one that said the Switch was going to be announced soon, because later that day Nintendo sent out the mario curtain tweet. Laura also got a lot right about and gave a nice breakdown of sources. She did have some stuff wrong but she was also the one shouting Rabbids crossover and like no one believed her. Emily has been pretty consistent, the only "wrong" stuff i remember was Mother 3 but it seems a bunch of people have been fooled by it. I only remember Pokemon Stars coming from Eurogamer.

But yeah when Emily broke her silence on the grinch leak I was like "damn, thats a huge blow to team real."

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if I got a leak that said Celica made it in, you wouldn't see me being estatic because it's a known factor. I wouldn't want to hint it.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're looking at 3 more characters total. I'd love to be wrong, but hey, that's a tremendous step up from the two we used to think were going to happen.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Some details are going to be muddied with respect to inside info. I really wouldn't hold every single thing everyone has said as 100% the facts right now like a lot of people are seemingly doing. Putting a lot of eggs in one basket and all that.

I feel like Imran retracting on the SE rep to some degree is evidence enough about how actually shaky inside info can be. It's not 100% guaranteed. It goes both ways, some of it can be true and some of it can be false. Not all of it can be true just like not all of it can be false.

Not seeing too many people looking at it this way.

ItsKipz

Oct 27, 2018
Some details are going to be muddied with respect to inside info. I really wouldn't hold every single thing everyone has said as 100% the facts right now like a lot of people are seemingly doing. Putting a lot of eggs in one basket and all that.

I feel like Imran retracting on the SE rep to some degree is evidence enough about how actually shaky inside info can be. It's not 100% guaranteed. It goes both ways, some of it can be true and some of it can be false. Not all of it can be true just like not all of it can be false.

So you're saying there's a chance Vergeben is wrong on Isaac?

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
But who where the insiders claiming we would get Gamecube VC support on the Switch? It seemed almost confirmed when the switch was still the NX.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

Can you describe Imran's retraction regarding the SE rep? Trying to get a sense of the degree.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017

I also don't think that Imran's original post about third party reps was ultimately intended to be a hint as much as it was personal speculation. He's never really struck me as that kind of person.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Gooooood morning all. The day is ...a little rainy and cloudy actually but Dante is still in the running and that makes everything so bright!

How's everyone doing ?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Laura was the one that said the Switch was going to be announced soon, because later that day Nintendo sent out the mario curtain tweet. Laura also got a lot right about and gave a nice breakdown of sources. She did have some stuff wrong but she was also the one shouting Rabbids crossover and like no one believed her. Emily has been pretty consistent, the only "wrong" stuff i remember was Mother 3 but it seems a bunch of people have been fooled by it. I only remember Pokemon Stars coming from Eurogamer.

But yeah when Emily broke her silence on the grinch leak I was like "damn, thats a huge blow to team real."
Laura came out a few hours before the curtain tweet, but it was Emily who kept saying that this was going to happen that week. She even backtracked a bit when other insiders doubted her, before saying "now fuck it this is it". She was the first to say it.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably. He has a pretty high shot of being the finale character. I don't believe insiders are wrong overall about the Grinch leak but I can see them being mistaken in some areas.

Basically what I mean to say is "Don't take us speculating about what insiders might be wrong in as saying Grinch leak is real"

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
So what's the verdict on the Grinch? Seems like everyone has moved on to #TeamFake but I don't see why beyond insiders saying so

The overwhelming consensus of the insiders is enough evidence on its own that the Grinch banner was faked. The likelihood of all of these credible people being out of the loop is very low. The fake may be convincing on the face of just analyzing all of the details, but that just means that whoever was responsible for it did a really good job in making it convincing, not that it proves that it's real.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am guessing 3 characters (including clones) will be revealed this Direct, and lots of time spent on modes, characters we don't know much of (Robin, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi etc.), and amiibo and Spirits (which will be a full story mode)

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I come from the future and I managed to capture a real video of Brock crying because Shadow didn't get in Smash Bros.

5uR1tsa.gif

yeah, I'm joking

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna start hitting F5 on the Direct's YouTube page now. It's only 24 hours till it's aired

Revven

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, especially for that. Especially because Verg only just commented on it after Emily & co. did. That's very suspicious to me. As if he's only being specific about who it is for attention and as a gamble on his credibility.

Can you describe Imran's retraction regarding the SE rep? Trying to get a sense of the degree.

I'm only going off of what other people have said from his last post about it and I'm not sure when it was so I can't exactly go hunt for it. Could someone who actually knows get the quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.