Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
The master hand battle in this game should just keep going on and on until its revealed that Sandbag was in control the whole time. They've been using the cast as a punching bag. What a twist!
I want the Waluigi == master hand meme to become true so badly.

Partly because it will mean Waluigi will never be playable

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the people playing in the stream getting anything for winning these free for all? Many are just winning by running away and projectile camping. lol

Kinda tryhard for 4 player free for all with items on.

At least those games have the slim justification of being medieval fantasy and being Japanese developed where cousin marriage is legal.

There's no excuse for sister-fucking like in Fates.
They're not blood siblings. Anyway, incest implications were always a thing in FE.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
If you like amputee hands and a voice that sounds like the Marge Simpsons sisters

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Abadango got a win right now.

edit: and he just lost the 3rd match he needed killing himself in a fake smash ball. lol

Last edited:

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that new walky bomber seems... pretty damn strong

not gonna fun dealing with those in single-player

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Pichu's grab seems significantly buffed (from Reddit)
MkQs2zl.gif

GHfRNHu.gif

It now leans forward and extends its arm out, giving it increased range compared to its pretty crap range in Melee.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I read that there's supposed to be another tourney on the 22nd? Is it another JP stream?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Pichu's looking less and less like a joke charater and more like a proper glass cannon.

Jigglypuff mains on suicide watch.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Wolf in Brawl have cloned moves for his aerials & smash attacks, but not from Fox, rather from other characters?

This kind of "Frankenstein cloning" would be good, if only Shadow could get Mewtwo's teleport.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Didn't Wolf in Brawl have cloned moves for his aerials & smash attacks, but not from Fox, rather from other characters?

This kind of "Frankenstein cloning" would be good, if only Shadow could get Mewtwo's teleport.
So he could teleport out of Smash and into PS All-Stars, a game more suitable for a character of his caliber?

But more seriously, I'd be down for Frankenstein clones.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
So he could teleport out of Smash and into PS All-Stars, a game more suitable for a character of his caliber?

But more seriously, I'd be down for Frankenstein clones.
I'm just saying Shadow as an example because people now want him for some reason.

It's weird. I don't even want him. And I thought no one really wanted him either. But when Echo Fighters happened, coincidently Shadow is now in Top 2 Echo Fighter requests. I guess people want a joke character and couldn't get Waluigi?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, since making Shadow an echo would actually be pretty inconsistent with his character. Sonic doesn't use any guns in his attacks, so it wouldn't suit Shadow to be just an echo, given how firearms are a key part of his identity. He'd have to be a semi-clone at least.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm just saying Shadow as an example because people now want him for some reason.

It's weird. I don't even want him. And I thought no one really wanted him either. But when Echo Fighters happened, coincidently Shadow is now in Top 2 Echo Fighter requests. I guess people want a joke character and couldn't get Waluigi?
Just to play devil's advocate, Shadow actually is a popular character and in his own games he's usually identical mechanically to Sonic, if he's playable. He's basically the perfect candidate to be an echo.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pichu's grab seems significantly buffed (from Reddit)
MkQs2zl.gif

GHfRNHu.gif

It now leans forward and extends its arm out, giving it increased range compared to its pretty crap range in Melee.

Since we cant see the hitbox we dont know it its buffed or reduced. Pichus grab in Melee was already better than Pikachus despite appearances. In the above gif hes grabbing a whole body length in front of him because his arms are so short, so they could just be animating it to better represent the range rather than having it invisible. (Pikachu in Smash 4 grabs very similarly to this animation)

Theres also the possibility that this is a whiff animation and theres no active hitbox.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, since making Shadow an echo would actually be pretty inconsistent with his character. Sonic doesn't use any guns in his attacks, so it wouldn't suit Shadow to be just an echo, given how firearms are a key part of his identity. He'd have to be a semi-clone at least.

It would be like taking guns from a baby, which is fine by me.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The majority of Shadow's playable appearances, he's identical, or nearly identical, to Sonic for his abilities.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I mean personally Shadow has so many moves that would be original, that Shadow being an Echo would be like if Dixie was Echo. It would be huge disservice to the character.

Although guns really aren't his identity, those were more one game deal.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean personally Shadow has so many moves that would be original, that Shadow being an Echo would be like if Dixie was Echo. It would be huge disservice to the character.

Although guns really aren't his identity, those were more one game deal.

I mean it's either he gets in as an echo fighter or he doesn't at all, same thing with Dark Samus.

They're not gonna put too much effort into a secondary third party character.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of Shadow's playable appearances, he's identical, or nearly identical, to Sonic.

Yet his starring role, that he is best known for, he uses guns. It's safe for everyone to admit at this point, when they think Shadow the Hedgehog, they think guns. It would simply be unfaithful to make him playable without his iconic pump-action machine gun.

Another issue is that Shadow is well known to use foul language, so they may have to tone him down a bit for Smash. It begs the question though, is it really Shadow if he can't say "Damn!"?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Yet his starring role, that he is best known for, he uses guns. It's safe for everyone to admit at this point, when they think Shadow the Hedgehog, they think guns. It would simply be unfaithful to make him playable without his iconic pump-action machine gun.

Another issue is that Shadow is well known to use foul language, so they may have to tone him down a bit for Smash. It begs the question though, is it really Shadow if he can't say "Damn!"?
Honestly, I would say Adventure 2 is Shadow's most famous appearance.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

after memoryman and cybersai it's really hard to know who's joking or not

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I still think Shadow's most well known appearance is Sonic Adventure 2, where he premiered. And arguably, not even the DC original version, but the GCN port. Maybe that's because I've never played Shadow's game, though. SA2 was the first Sonic game on a Nintendo console. It was a huge deal, and being a launch title on the GCN certainly didn't hurt, either. It was all over Nintendo Power, all over the Internet. Future Sonic games would continue to heavily reference SA2, and future Sonic ports and games would implement SA2:Battle features into them (like SA:DX). For Shadow's boss fight in Generations, it was SA2 that was what they went with, not Shadow the Hedgehog.

That was the game that cemented Shadow in people's minds as a popular character. Shadow (the game) was created because Shadow was already iconic and very popular.

And Shadow hasn't used guns or swore in almost 15 years, and yet the character keeps being used and remains very popular. I don't really think it's as much a part of the character as you think.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Shadow is sounding more and more inappropriate in Smash. Wouldn't be surprised if they cut him out of the game altogether now.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the alt for Falcon now says "Hell Hawk," so that shouldn't be an issue

I think having Shadow say "damn" was implemented first, and then when they got away with that they realized they could change the alt as well

Status
Not open for further replies.