Do you think Incineroar still have a shot at making in Smash Bros as playable character?

• Yes

Votes: 375 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 298 44.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
6-8 sounds about right, though I'd bet more on 4-5 with only 2 more full Newcomers and the rest being Echoes.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The most difficult part of All-Star in Ultimate will be making it all the way through the ladder without needing to use the toilet.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
To be more serious, even if there were strictly no new characters from that point and if the roster was being closed right now, i'd still buy the game in a heartbeat and it has high chances of becoming my fav smash game. All I asked from that game was to have my two favourite characters in and I got that confirmed by day one (Wolf and Snake, I loved Brawl that much), and to have some meaty singleplayer content. Spirits Mode, even if it's not ass full-fledged as ESS, would fit the bill alongside the good old Classic Mode and the few cool additions like Showdown and Team Battle. Like I'd love for Geno, Skull Kid or even fucking Sora to be in but I'm past the point of waiting for characters announcement to decide of my purchase.

Yeah, same here. Wolf, Snake and Ice Climbers were hugest holes in the roster that Smash 4 were lacking. It made me so ecstatic to see them coming back once again so I can finally pack my Wii and Brawl in for good so I can move on with those characters in a new version. I'm very eager to see more brand new stages and single player contents right now. I hope that online modes would be much better, and I hope that they would bring Stage Builder back as well.

Sakurai or Nintendo, if you read this message, please allows me to team up with my friend over the internet and able to face against randoms online for 2 vs 2 online battles. Forcing local partner only for online 2 vs 2 battles is just silly.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say. I won't mind if they cut All-Star mode from this game. It's just so repetitive.
Multi-Man is more repetitive I feel. Not to the level of making me mad though. At least had no lyrics.

you wanted to maaasteeer the gaaame
but this time things will not be the same
you wanted to fiiiiniiish it whooooole
but you are not prepared to face it all

there's an obstacle in your waaaaay
you have expected anywaaaay
but maybe not the both of them as one
tooodaaaaaaaay

FIGHTING ALL-STARS TEAM
obliterating your one hundred percent dream
FIGHTING ALL-STARS TEAM
eighty one years and you'll still wake up with a scream
FIGHTING ALL-STARS TEAM
instant lethal meme
FIGHTING ALL-STARS TEAM
what an evil scheme
FIGHTING
do not give up, do not give up, do not
ALL-STARS
do not give up, do not give up, do not
TEEEEEEEAAAAAAAM
(don't forget the beam)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy we don't have to entertain character picks by some dumb esoteric "heroes vs. villains" theme anymore

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Actually the box could still be very real and the rest of the characters from the blog can be DLC
The man that denounced carving up content for the base game and is also heading a game with 70+ characters and over 100 stages is going to have some characters locked out as DLC so close to launch?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that people latched onto that because it was obviously something specific to the K Rool reveal trailer. Smash fans gonna Smash fan though
That came from loz more than it did that trailer. It just kind of ended up verifying that claim but then loz was losing credibility quick and Isabelle demolished it

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
All Star better be randomized. The thought of fighting in the same order for the 3rd time but with over 70 characters would be a drag.
having a roullette of number show up between rounds that gives a visual to the randomness selection process would be pretty neat.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
The blog theory is a lot more convincing than anything else thus far. I hope they're right, because 6-8 is a little more than I was expecting. It would probably amount to a ratio like 2 or 3 newcomers to 4 or 5 Echoes.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to lower my expectations.
I'm still on #teammorethan2 but I can see only 2 happening now.

Game still looks awesome even if I didn't get any of my most wanted. (Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Isaac)

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
i understand jack shit from the blog theory it's been three years since i did maths for the last time
Basically the blog showcases 3 characters per week, at some point before the game's release they will be out of characters, the blog theory states that if the 3 characters per week continues the amount of characters left is 6-8

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure it's just a (31 minute...) deep dive on the theory that's been around for a while about 3 fighters per week thing

That pattern already got broken twice or three time since we got two characters per week few times so it's plausible we could get couple of weeks with just two character updates so that would leave us with 2-5 more character updates.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That pattern already got broken twice or three time since we got two characters per week few times so it's plausible we could get couple of weeks with just two character updates so that would leave us with 2-5 more character updates.
Yeah but when they did that they got back on track by showcasing 4 fighters for the next few weeks. That's why they put it up on a 2.9 average.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
That pattern already got broken twice or three time since we got two characters per week few times so it's plausible we could get couple of weeks with just two character updates.
it'd be funny if the week where it really blows up would be another week with 2 characters.

speaking of i wonder if the blog will ever remember it did not post about Brinstar

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The man that denounced carving up content for the base game and is also heading a game with 70+ characters and over 100 stages is going to have some characters locked out as DLC so close to launch?

Mewtwo was announced before Smash 4's release ... don't forget.

Also fighting games are easy to announce future content because just making the basic mode lf the character is like 10% of actually making the character for the game, so they can announce the characters as images like mewtwo but actually work on their specials, normals, balancing and other animations later.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Blog theory has been going around for a while now, but it was so flawed it wasn't even worth discussing. The fact the average isn't a whole number means the number of fighters a week isn't consistent. Clearly there's no pattern so stop trying to force one.

And now that Sakurai has even said the updates will slow down the theory is completely dead in the water.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Basically the blog showcases 3 characters per week, at some point before the game's release they will be out of characters, the blog theory states that if the 3 characters per week continues the amount of characters left is 6-8
Wait, arent all newcomer trailers released the moment they are revealed? Wouldnt this not affect blog schedule?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blog theory has been going around for a while now, but it was so flawed it wasn't even worth discussing. The fact the average isn't a whole number means the number of fighters a week isn't consistent. Clearly there's no pattern so stop trying to force one.

And now that Sakurai has even said the updates will slow down the theory is completely dead in the water.
None of that is even close to conclusive and they did establish the aberrations including like they pointed out some weeks having 4 fighters.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mewtwo was announced before Smash 4's release ... don't forget.

Smash Wii U's release*. Smash 4 was already released for a good month before.

that doesn't seem very solid to me

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did they? I remember they DID for two weeks during June or early July but haven't done that ever since.
I got it wrong as it turns out the first sign of the 3 character pattern not shaking out was when they did 2 weeks of 4 characters. We had two 2 fighter weeks but one of them happened on the delayed Direct week.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it's really interesting what the patterns they found in documenting the blog posts.

They mentioned that the first big scare they had for the theory was this Sunday when there was the Moon post instead of a Fighter post but as it turned out it was probably to tie with a Japanese festival for the moon or something like that and the post was posted late to better fit the theme for that day.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
With Sakurai's recent comments on folks being "sorely mistaken" if they think there will be a steady stream of character reveals, I'm expecting 1-2 newcomers and 3-4 echoes (including Ken and Shadow).

We'll see, though!

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
it'd be funny if the week where it really blows up would be another week with 2 characters.

speaking of i wonder if the blog will ever remember it did not post about Brinstar

I noticed that the blogs are so bad with the updates. It's so weird.

I got it wrong as it turns out the first sign of the 3 character pattern not shaking out was when they did 2 weeks of 4 characters. We had two 2 fighter weeks but one of them happened on the delayed Direct week.

Hmm, I really hope that we are getting a smash direct during early-mid October so they could just announce some contents then have a huge one during November (like 50 facts about Smash Ultimate, etc)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Rex & Pyra announced as DLC at the Game Awards. I'm sticking to that
As hype as that would be for us, would Rex & Pyra make much of a splash at The Game Awards? I guess you could argue Spring Man since ARMS was nominated for Best Fighting Game last year, but the same question persists. I feel like the mystery Square Enix rep (if they aren't in the base roster) would do a better job of getting people hype at The Game Awards as a DLC reveal, but that's just me trying to think through the average viewer's perspective.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
As hype as that would be for us, would Rex & Pyra make much of a splash at The Game Awards? I guess you could argue Spring Man since ARMS was nominated for Best Fighting Game last year, but the same question persists. I feel like the mystery Square Enix rep (if they aren't in the base roster) would do a better job of getting people hype at The Game Awards as a DLC reveal, but that's just me trying to think through the average viewer's perspective.
Yea, sora or dante would make the most sense as a dlc reveal there.

Status
Not open for further replies.