• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I must have missed that secret shop... Perhaps you needed a level 1 weapon to access it ?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
These types of titles make so much sense to buy digitally. They're games you'll always be popping in and out of, having to swap out the discs is just a pain. (Lazy, I know, but it definitely affects how often I play a game like that.)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense it would have am above average digital attach rate. GaaS you go back to frequently just make more sense to go discless. I made that mistake with destiny 1 and it annoyed me having to switch discs for the next 2 years until that Rise of Iron digital package discount. The launch success is a product of hype just like D1. It's legs or collapse will be interesting to observe

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Does this make me a horrible person to have wished for a shitty reception and shitty in game purchases? I feel like EA doesn't learn anything from a complete shit show game selling decently. I love BioWare and I have enjoyed their games in the past but this game did not deserve to do well.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Rewarded for releasing a blatantly broken and unfinished game.
And it didn't deserve a single dollar of it.

The attitude toward AAA games, particularly maligned publishers, is so hypocritical.

Pretty shitty for someone working in the industry to shit on other people's success.

Or in more blunt words.

Can someone not from the industry say it then? The because that's how I feel.

"I don't like something, therefore it is wrong for it to succeed."

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Marketing is what sells it
Does this make me a horrible person to have wished for a shitty reception and shitty in game purchases? I feel like EA doesn't learn anything from a complete shit show game selling decently. I love BioWare and I have enjoyed their games in the past but this game did not deserve to do well.

Ea does not learn anything,because people do not learn anything too. If they sell them incomplete games and they buy them,why should they change their tactics ?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It makes sense it would have am above average digital attach rate. GaaS you go back to frequently just make more sense to go discless. I made that mistake with destiny 1 and it annoyed me having to switch discs for the next 2 years until that Rise of Iron digital package discount. The launch success is a product of hype just like D1. It's legs or collapse will be interesting to observe
Yeah there are some games that are a pain in the ass to have physically

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I called it

It had "first Destiny launch hype" written all over it.

Of course, more broken and etc., but you get my meaning.

You could tell that it wouldnt be a finished product, and you could also tell that a loooot of people would eat that shit up because "hype" and sell really well

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They got my $15 for that one permium month. Well played, EA. Well played, Bioware.

Hopefully they actually realize the promise of the premise somehow down the line.

Step 1) Let me equip shit in the field.
Step 2) Just amputate Tarsis entirely.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
First: hes absolutely right, and second: if i lie about a project, and deliver it unfinished in my line of work, i get fired, and deservedly so.
I have 0 sympathy for Bioware.
False equivalence. The developers have been pretty forthcoming about what the game is and is not. And releasing is ultimately up to the publisher, not the developer.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
They got my $15 for that one permium month. Well played, EA. Well played, Bioware.

Hopefully they actually realize the promise of the premise somehow down the line.

Step 1) Let me equip shit in the field.
Step 2) Just amputate Tarsis entirely.
Damn getting rid of Tarsis actually makes a ton of sense. If they can't integrate it seamlessly into the overworld, then yeah it should just be cut. And also Step 0.5) Let me set arbitrary waypoints on the map.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Ok that's a good launch. Hopefully EA stick with it and it gets years of support before a ps5 Anthem 2. Imagine how good that could look.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Releasing a blatantly unfinished product and asking for people's money is what is shitty.
Thank you

I'm actually relieved to see there are people in the industry that recognize this.

All of the pearl clutching over this post is beyond idiotic and why things will never get better.