• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
VR demand outstripped supply during the holiday season
Valve sold 149K Index headsets in 2019. Sales more than doubled from Q3 to Q4 (103K) thanks to anticipation for Half-Life: Alyx, which was announced in November and is slated to arrive in March. The Index sold more units than any other PC VR headset during the quarter despite a steep price of up to $1000. It would have sold even more if not for inventory issues (the device is currently sold out worldwide).

Rest of the article is here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
PSVR and Oculus Quest also sold quite well! Good to see it.

Kind of crazy that Index sold better than the Rift S considering how much more the former is than the latter.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
I'm still waiting to get notified when I can buy one :(

I built an entirely new PC in December and this is the last thing I planned on buying for it.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
PSVR and Quest were on fire, so good to see the medium grow. I bet Sony announces Half Life Alyx for PS 5, would make for a huge next gen console exclusive.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
As a PSVR owner, i am really tempted to get a quest but i guess i'll wait for quest v2 instead.

will be there for PSVR2 day one though.

Also, did sales of the vive just tanked so much after the release of the index?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Still going back and forth of buying one...problem is a need to build a new PC on top of it, and I can't imagine using it for much other than HL Alyx...I suppose I'll wait for reviews which coincidentally is the same month that I'm expecting a fat work bonus so we'll see...

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Congratulations, Valve!

Fun fact: all Valve Index headsets are on back order right now. You can sign up for an email notification, but that's it. They're not making enough supply to meet demand.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
And that despite the Index being a very expensive option. Are they even worth the money? I paid a third of that price for my Rift CV1.