• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
She's gone Autumn.... Incredible. ❄️🍁

WJRyMWJ.png

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I would imagine part of Hades' success is the feedback they got during Early Access. Probably best not to fuck with that formula.

They had such a great experience with the community feedback loop during development of the first that they wanted to do the same again.
Right, I get why they did it for the first game, but then they made the game. My question is why they need early access again for a sequel that looks like it very much builds off the first game, it doesn't seem like a d drastic departure (but I don't know).

I feel a similar way about the Rogue Prince of Persia, which coming from the developers of Dead Cells wouldn't need early access again as they've already learnt so much the first time around.

I'm not saying the devs shouldn't be doing this by the way, I want these games to be as great as can be, I'm just curious as to why.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's gonna be so long still till the full release and being able to play it myself. God I want to watch but the wait will be so much worse

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Right, I get why they did it for the first game, but then they made the game. My question is why they need early access again for a sequel that looks like it very much builds off the first game, it doesn't seem like a d drastic departure (but I don't know).

I feel a similar way about the Rogue Prince of Persia, which coming from the developers of Dead Cells wouldn't need early access again as they've already learnt so much the first time around.

I'm not saying the devs shouldn't be doing this by the way, I want these games to be as great as can be, I'm just curious as to why.
I mean, it's not like a "we did it once" so now we're experts kind of thing. There's just so much to combine and balance and balance with these things. Changing what they had before and adding to it and then mixing those two things. But new weapons intertwining with "old" and new boons with a moveset that's more focused on ranged attacks interacting with entirely new enemies.

This looks way different from the first game in terms of combat.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018

I generally think that Rogue-lite games turn out better in their full release when they start in early access.

Balance and player experience are super important in this genre. Slowly adding content to the game over time and getting feedback from a wide audience is the best way to do that. Just from watching the stream so far the combat also seems quite different.

Jan 20, 2023
hmmm...

this combat does not seem nearly as spammy

hopefully thats just the weapon they're using.

regardless this is gonna own

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I agree. This is the one picture that I don't feel as an improvement on the last game so far.
Looking at it and comparing it to the previous art, I think she looks too... spunky? Whereas in Hades 1 she had more of an aloof vibe to her.

That said, it makes sense that she's much friendlier with Melinoë than initially with Zagreus as she's very much associated with women.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I refuse to watch footage because I'm day 0 on this game. How hype is it looking out of 10?

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
Have they said that melinoe is zag's sister? I never did all the extra relationship building stuff at the end of hades. Just kind of stopped after I got credits. I hope none of that is necessary story wise

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Gonna be honest, the art is still lovely but the poses in most of those new portraits are a lot less dynamic and interesting than the originals.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to watch footage because I'm day 0 on this game. How hype is it looking out of 10?
I'm a massive Supergiant fan going all the way back to Bastion, so I'm pretty biased.

But this is like an 11/10 based on my first run. There's some key gameplay changes off the bat.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Looking at it and comparing it to the previous art, I think she looks too... spunky? Whereas in Hades 1 she had more of an aloof vibe to her.

That said, it makes sense that she's much friendlier with Melinoë than initially with Zagreus as she's very much associated with women.

That could very much be it. In the first one she seemed more on guard, wary. There's a new confidence in her.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hoping this runs well on the Steam Deck then I am going to FEAST when early access drops.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Any news on when the planned 1.0 release on console is?

Early access does nothing for me except give FOMO😭

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

You could make ten games and still need people to tell you what feels good and feels bad.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say that those of you getting into the technical test should go to hell, but you'd probably like that.