haziq

Oct 29, 2017

Hikari? Never heard of em.

Share some cool themes.

Last edited:

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
My only answer.

I still think this is the most Disney moment in videogame history, ironically more than any Disney videogames.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly kind of hard to find them for any of the theme songs I like, but here's two (first one is Ash Like Snow from Gundam 00):

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hikari is better though. And Passion is waaaaaay better.
In general the songs themselves getting English versions is pretty rare and the English version being better I think pretty much never happens. The only one I can think of is I like the English version of the War on Geminar theme better, but only by a little. And even then that kind of depends on my mood.

Japanese OP (has NSFW parts) :

I can't find the English version of the OP but it's the same visuals with English lyrics which can be found here :

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017

Jesus I forgot they'd even dubbed this. I'm so used to hearing the JP version.

But, given both of these... is this more "superior" or maybe "just as good" because ehhhhh there's a lot of preference to be thrown about. English Freckles is actually damned good, but it's not better, IMO. It's also why I'm having a hard time coming up with one of my own, haha. Everything else generally ended up either being dubbed poorly or just changed from vocals to instrumentals (like Capcom did a lot). Hell, Wild Arms 2 did that, so a lot of people didn't get exposure to the awesome Resistance Line:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I love a good english version of things like JPOP. There's lots of not so good ones, but I like them as interesting remixes.

Here's some that I enjoy:

Inuyasha english versions of My Will and Fukai Mori for Italian versions (for some reason?) Also, BoA's english version of Every Heart (they did an english, Japanese, and Korean version of it which is pretty neat)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Tales of Symphonia opening on Gamecube.

When you're 12 it makes this dopey anime game feel like Tolkien.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Jumping off the OP, I'm a big Hikari fan, but I do think I like the Simple & Clean Ray of Hope English remix done for 2.8 more:

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018

Better than Koda Kumi, come at me. Get the rights back to the song and put it on iTunes and Spotify, goddamn it!

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I can understand Sanctuary > Passion, but there's a beautiful flow to Hikari that Simple and Clean doesn't really nail, no matter how nostalgic it is for me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I can understand Sanctuary > Passion, but there's a beautiful flow to Hikari that Simple and Clean doesn't really nail, no matter how nostalgic it is for me.

For me personally, Simple and Clean > Hikari, due to the upbeat nature of it. I think I just prefer my music to have more bounce to it that slower like Hikari is, not that it's a bad song, but also why I think for me (and others), the english remix is the preferred choice.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The Tales of Symphonia opening on Gamecube.

When you're 12 it makes this dopey anime game feel like Tolkien.

This one. Much better than the JP opening theme, and matches the visuals of the opening too.

It even has the better versions of the good old Reprise The Main Theme During a Pivotal Moment song.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of English themes to anime that I like but they're not really counterparts to the Japanese OPs/EDs. I do like KH songs in English more tho, except maybe Chikai vs Don't Think Twice.

I think I do like the One Piece English OP1/ED1 as much as the Japanese counterparts.
Thank you for waking me up

Nahhh. It's good but nah.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to post "Lost Odyssey," then I read the rest of the title, lol.

It might just be because I heard the english version first? But I like the english version of "Ring a Bell" from Tales of Vesperia more than the Japanese version.

English version...

Japanese version...

fake edit: Aw nuts, both blocked. Here are links.

English

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Japanese
www.youtube.com

Tales of Vesperia Anime Opening (Japanese Lyrics)

This is the anime opening for the game Tales of Vesperia.Check my channel for the English lyrics version.Note:This video contains parts of work which I own n...

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
The version of 恝恰恋恙 in DDR is my favorite but obviously the JUDY AND MARY original is legendary and the Sandy Fox version is pretty respectful and faithful to the original ^^

I also love Talent for Love from the English 天地ē„”ē”Ø! dub

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised no one has said Digital Devil Saga. It actually replaced the song in the Japanese version, which was the song you see Sera sing a few times in-game, to a licensed song: Danger by Etro Anime.

I don't know why they did it but it just worked.

Mar 18, 2020
Also Utada's not even really an interesting pick because she's also singing the English version so it gets the same love from the singer. That X-2 replacement for Koda doesn't have the chops

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Era is the only place on the internet I have ever seen with any dislike towards the English version of Smile Bomb and I can't wrap my head around it.

Some of yall are crazy loco.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Sung by Jem no less; it was like...an actual honour lol
200w.gif

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet Emotion in FFX-2 is definitely my fave dubbed game song.

Zombieland Saga was great, they dubbed every song in the show.

I loved Beck too, back when it aired mid-2000's.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I actually prefer Yakuza 0's Western intro music, it's instrumental not English, but the original was a Japanese song

I think I don't particularly care for anime style theme songs for games

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Sanctuary is so much better than Passion but I think Hikari has the edge over Simple and Clean. I like the additional syllables. Also the English version of 1000 Words is superior.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to post "Lost Odyssey," then I read the rest of the title, lol.

It might just be because I heard the english version first? But I like the english version of "Ring a Bell" from Tales of Vesperia more than the Japanese version.

English version...

Japanese version...

fake edit: Aw nuts, both blocked. Here are links.

English

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Japanese
www.youtube.com

Tales of Vesperia Anime Opening (Japanese Lyrics)

This is the anime opening for the game Tales of Vesperia.Check my channel for the English lyrics version.Note:This video contains parts of work which I own n...

Damn, took my post. Japanese one is fine but English version is definitely superior.

Also Passion >>>>>> Sanctuary, Simple and Clean >>>> Hikari, y'all wildin

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Small of Two Pieces - Xenogears

I vastly prefer this over Japanese version "Mebius"

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017