Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ratings up from last week. Guess last week's dip really was people forgetting it was back.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That was a legitimately great episode. I'm really glad this show is turning out to be so good, especially compared to the Flash which seems to be bleeding the hell out.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Show continues to be great, that was a fantastic twist, episode was even named "Man of Steel" heh. David Ramsey (Diggle) did a nice job directing the episode.

Only slightly disappointing part is this kinda confirms Jonathan has no powers right? He had no reaction to the red sun stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Show continues to be great, that was a fantastic twist, episode was even named "Man of Steel" heh. David Ramsey (Diggle) did a nice job directing the episode.

Only slightly disappointing part is this kinda confirms Jonathan has no powers right? He had no reaction to the red sun stuff.

Red sun radiation doesn't function like kryptonite, so it doesn't cause pain as much as it just can't power them.

Which really shouldn't matter at all at night since there's no yellow sun radiation at night for Jordan or Clark to siphon.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Can we have Beebo come in and beat the shit out of the boys and have Supes save them?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode like usual. The swerve tho. Didn't expect him to be Irons.

Was Irons' planet and universe filled with Supermen? Has to be clones made by Cadmus on his Earth right?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Good episode like usual. The swerve tho. Didn't expect him to be Irons.

Was Irons' planet and universe filled with Supermen? Has to be clones made by Cadmus on his Earth right?

People powered by X-Kryptonite? Which would explain why Irons knew what Edge was doing on this Earth- he did it on Irons's Earth and whatever he did in that process also turned Superman evil.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
People powered by X-Kryptonite? Which would explain why Irons knew what Edge was doing on this Earth- he did it on Irons's Earth and whatever he did in that process also turned Superman evil.

Right. I forgot about the X-Kryptonite for some odd reason. That's why he knows about it. The people on his Earth must have been using it and they destroyed his Earth.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Kind of over Jordan's whining about everything. "Stop stealing my girl, brother that I just broke his arm and ruined his dreams".

bleh. Just going to fastfoward his parts.

the rest seems to be mostly solid.

although it really seems like they are leading towards Jon not having powers which is bullshit from what we've seen so far. Gaslighting BS.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, that was a great episode. Loved the twist—it makes so much sense in hindsight, and I really hope Nat survived somehow. Fascinated by this alternate world where Superman went bad. I'm guessing he was under some kind of mind control or red kryptonite or something, but we will find out I'm sure.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The twist completely went over my head tbh, I didn't view him as a Luthor from the jump

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
That was a great episode. So much stuff happened in it that I kept thinking it must be nearly over, but there was like a ton more both times I checked the run time, haha.

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
What a cool twist. I wonder how many people cared who don't know John Henry Irons.

Would be cool to see him become a permanent part of the cast. Once he gets over his whole wanting to kill Superman thing...

Nat would be a great addition too! Maybe Irons could befriend the one on this world. She could have some fun interactions with the boys.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
What a cool twist. I wonder how many people cared who don't know John Henry Irons.

Would be cool to see him become a permanent part of the cast. Once he gets over his whole wanting to kill Superman thing...

Nat would be a great addition too! Maybe Irons could befriend the one on this world. She could have some fun interactions with the boys.

I have no clue who Irons is, so didn't even know it was a 'twist'. He's still a great character.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I have no clue who Irons is, so didn't even know it was a 'twist'. He's still a great character.

If you wanted a super quick rundown. When Superman "Dies" 4 characters kind of take his place, one of them is John Henry Irons. Who Superman saved at one point, he's super smart and decides to build himself a suit of armor with the S shield on its chest and swings a big ass hammer. Eventually once real Supes comes back he takes up the hero name of Steel. (this was super quick and may not be exactly like current comic continuity) He's a great character.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I get that Superman is flawed but i'm sad that he was really about to kill Irons. Makes Irons seem more justified in neutralizing him if the only thing stopping him from going nuts is his wife

He wasn't going to kill him, but he was going to beat him up more than needed.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
If you wanted a super quick rundown. When Superman "Dies" 4 characters kind of take his place, one of them is John Henry Irons. Who Superman saved at one point, he's super smart and decides to build himself a suit of armor with the S shield on its chest and swings a big ass hammer. Eventually once real Supes comes back he takes up the hero name of Steel. (this was super quick and may not be exactly like current comic continuity) He's a great character.

Cool! I just really like his backstory and
it seemed obvious he wasn't really gonna be a bad guy
. He just seemed really sympathetic and yeah, that was a big ass hammer. Hope the series stays as good long enough, and he stays around long enough to see more of him.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Cool! I just really like his backstory and
it seemed obvious he wasn't really gonna be a bad guy
. He just seemed really sympathetic and yeah, that was a big ass hammer. Hope the series stays as good long enough, and he stays around long enough to see more of him.
I don't know. At this point he has tried to kill Superman multiple times and has put other people in danger while doing it, even children, knowing full well he is in another reality and this isn't even the same Superman.

He's not a hero. Maybe an anti-hero would be the best way to describe him.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. At this point he has tried to kill Superman multiple times and has put other people in danger while doing it, even children, knowing full well he is in another reality and this isn't even the same Superman.

He's not a hero. Maybe an anti-hero would be the best way to describe him.

Oh yeah, I agree. Up till the end of the last episode he definitely wasn't a hero, and more of a bad guy. But the stuff with Nat, his Lois dying (in a freaking great scene btw) and him ending up in a prison cell I thought he might turn into a good guy. And Shins explanation also kind of sorta cemented that.

And remember, Superman in Irons reality also was putting on a facade of being a good guy, before he turned all murderous. Not saying this made all the stuff Irons did good, just makes a bit more sense.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
This show continues to keep winning. A little lost on Steel and everything, but this show keeps me engaged every minute, and I care about all the characters other than Lana and her family. Really enjoying this rendition of Superman.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yknow, I had an inkling that he might not be a Luthor when the AI thought Clark was, and I was glad to see I was right to think that. It makes so much sense for him to be Steel.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finally watched the episode. I'm still floored at how good this is.

I honestly thought the Arrowverse had completely ran the well dry with the "Actually, this character the we initially said was one person is actually secretly THIS well established DC character" twists, but this one was really well done, and in hindsight makes all the sense in the world.

The scenes on Irons' earth were haunting in the best way, too. That Lois scene, damn.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up with the latest 2 episodes.

This is the best shit on TV.

The budget for Supes powers must be high.

That take off at the end of episode 6
tenor.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait until Morgan Edge is killed off so I can stop hearing characters say "Morgan Edge"

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I never watched the final crisis crossover, but did that event bring Steel to this earth? The last shot of him in the cell kind of broke my heart, I'm hoping he can at least get his daughter back.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I never watched the final crisis crossover, but did that event bring Steel to this earth? The last shot of him in the cell kind of broke my heart, I'm hoping he can at least get his daughter back.
It has been shown in Supergirl and Batwoman that some Earths got 'mixed' with doublegangers appearing. Steel is one of them, just with the difference his original was already dead.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how John would feel if he figured out Clark was Superman (I saw lots of people assume he already knew)

I wonder if seeing he has a family and emotional connections will be the key to convincing him Clark is different on this earth. It's a little "Save Martha", but John is a father too.

It has been shown in Supergirl and Batwoman that some Earths got 'mixed' with doublegangers appearing. Steel is one of them, just with the difference his original was already dead.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. Hope we can get John's kid over to this earth too eventually.