skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i loved lois and clark back in the day

i remember fuck all about it though. either way good idea for a reboot - commercially. i'm sure folks will eat it up but you couldn't pay me to watch it

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the writers shouldn't be allowed to make this show without reading Patrick Gleason's run

eUtTZOK.jpg

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Boooo, this is not a good thing imo. Too much romance, too much cheese, too many pretty people on all these damn CW shows. Had to stop watching Flash, Supergirl, etc. because of it.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Eh. Would rather have a Green Lantern series or some other hero. Maybe someone fairly unknown?

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I'm mostly over it at this point but man those two scenes were terrible lol. It's not that she was stronger than he was, it's that they felt the need to say it not once, but twice. XD

I mean, she is stronger. That's just a fact. And it's amusing people claim to like Superman, but get self righteously angry on his behalf despite it flying in the face of his entire characterisation and personality.

This series sound rad by the way,

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, she is stronger. That's just a fact. And it's amusing people claim to like Superman, but get self righteously angry on his behalf despite it flying in the face of his entire characterisation and personality.

This series sound rad by the way,

Bruh who cares? My point is that it was brought up in such an unnatural way, not once but twice, for the transparent reason of putting across the idea that you shouldn't want a Superman series 'cause Kara's better in every way. Because CW dialogue is garbage.

the only time i'd be for cross-media synergy just so they can retcon Jon back into a kid. I still can't believe that DC aged up Jon right as Conner came back. LOL

Conner's with Young Justice. Fuck the Titans.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Bruh who cares? My point is that it was brought up in such an unnatural way, not once but twice, for the transparent reason of putting across the idea that you shouldn't want a Superman series 'cause Kara's better in every way. Because CW dialogue is garbage.

Conner's with Young Justice. Fuck the Titans.
I've always preferred Young Justice.

Anyways, my point is they've now got two characters named Superboy and are the same age. At least before their was a noticeable difference in age. Also, the Superfamily dynamic with Jon as a kid had only been around for three years and for me personally, it felt like the perfect way to revitalize Lois and Clark's character. It just felt way too early to move on from it.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I've always preferred Young Justice.

Anyways, my point is they've now got two characters named Superboy and are the same age. At least before their was a noticeable difference in age. Also, the Superfamily dynamic with Jon as a kid had only been around for three years and for me personally, it felt like the perfect way to revitalize Lois and Clark's character. It just felt way too early to move on from it.
Pretty much, Damian and him had a good relationship with each other too, which they decided to throw away to get Jon into the scrub league. I was kind of hoping the would de-age him at the end of the arc, but I guess that's not happening.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Superman wasn't the hero who saved the day when guest starring in a series about his female cousin! How dare they.

Theres a difference between not saving the day and getting his ass destroyed by said cousin when she wasnt even trying. And they keep insisting on it with lines such as "wow kara you're incredible. Way stronger than me". " you were brain washed you weren't at your best " " no I was. I gave it all I had " * awkward silence

And then she gives him life and couple lessons even though hes a lot older than her in this timeline.

Or what about that time where someone wished to be superman and he lost to that guy in a fight too.

And for the record he did technically save the day. Just in an insanely whack way after getting his ass kicked again.

Tell me if you think that was a little on the nose or not.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Could just end up being an additional show. The Canaries is replacing Arrow and as far as we know, nothing else is ending unless Crisis is going to have some sort of surprise series finale for one of the shows.

So it could potentially be seven shows airing during the season, though not all will be full 22/23-episode seasons.

The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Black Lightening
Batwoman
The Canaries
Superman and Lois

Isn't LoT done after this season like Arrow?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Theres a difference between not saving the day and getting his ass destroyed by said cousin when she wasnt even trying. And they keep insisting on it with lines such as "wow kara you're incredible. Way stronger than me". " you were brain washed you weren't at your best " " no I was. I gave it all I had " * awkward silence

And then she gives him life and couple lessons even though hes a lot older than her in this timeline.

It's really weird that this bothers you.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down. I've liked this guy's Supes portrayal, despite just being in a couple episodes.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's very good. I commented in my LTTP Arrowverse thread that it felt more like Superman in his opening scene than the DCEU version did for 90% of three films.
It's a shame, because one of the few upsides of Justice League is that it showed that kind of Superman is totally in Cavill's wheelhouse, he just wasn't given the space to be that character for his five on-screen hours with Snyder.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's a shame, because one of the few upsides of Justice League is that it showed that kind of Superman is totally in Cavill's wheelhouse, he just wasn't given the space to be that character for his five on-screen hours with Snyder.

The opening scene in Justice League, with the kids interviewing Superman on their smart phone, was honestly the first time in the DCEU where I thought, "Yeah. That's Superman." I believe that was a Joss addition but I could be wrong.

Cavill absolutely had it. The writing is what let him down.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this was the point. A lot of what Supergirl does could be characterized as liberal trolling. It is extremely unsubtle about its politics -- there are 2016-era episodes called "Stronger Together" and "Nevertheless, She Persisted", at one point they all went around saying "stronger together" at each other, all the illegal alien stuff even uses the same vocabulary as real-life immigration arguments, and they just had a racist president in league with the not-Russians. Part of the appeal of recent seasons is the catharsis of the good guys actually winning, but part of the appeal of the whole show is that you just know that certain people would find the show infuriating. That's the spirit in which I took them being absolutely, 100% clear that, no excuses, Kara is stronger than Clark.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Good, no reason you can't use your A tier heroes for shows while still having movies. You don't have to try and copy Marvel just do your own thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can't afford what?

And Legends likely isn't cancelled. They've said they aren't planning for this season to be the end and The CW generally announces when a long-running series is ending beforehand. They've been pretty good with allowing shows to end with time to plot properly.

Yeah. They also wouldn't have told us in advance that Ray and Nora were LEAVING Legends if the show was ENDING this season.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Superman (and counting Superboy) has a much longer history of live action TV and more shows than any super hero.

Oct 25, 2017
Good, no reason you can't use your A tier heroes for shows while still having movies. You don't have to try and copy Marvel just do your own thing.
Superman works because movie and tv would be so different.
Batman doesn't because tv could do him just as good if not better on tv, but movies are way more valuable so WB doesn't want to waste him on tv.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Superman works because movie and tv would be so different.
Batman doesn't because tv could do him just as good if not better on tv, but movies are way more valuable so WB doesn't want to waste him on tv.

Yeah, honestly, a serialized Batman show would be better than a single standalone movie. I don't know why they're so resistant to it.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I just don't get the idea of wasting him. It's not like people won't watch both.

You and I know that. WB believes so strongly that it isn't true they forced Arrow to kill Deadshot when Suicide Squad was coming out, and had them remove Deathstroke from any appearances because he was going to be in Justice League and the sequel, until it tanked.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I just don't get the idea of wasting him. It's not like people won't watch both.
Personally I don't exactly agree but I could understand that ittakes away a bit of the "specialness" a bit.
Batman himself would be fine but even personally as one of the biggest Batman fans around if Gotham had been an actual Batman series any Batman movie during that run would have had a huge challenge in getting me to care about it's version of Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Strange, etc over their Gotham incarnation.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this was the point. A lot of what Supergirl does could be characterized as liberal trolling. It is extremely unsubtle about its politics -- there are 2016-era episodes called "Stronger Together" and "Nevertheless, She Persisted", at one point they all went around saying "stronger together" at each other, all the illegal alien stuff even uses the same vocabulary as real-life immigration arguments, and they just had a racist president in league with the not-Russians. Part of the appeal of recent seasons is the catharsis of the good guys actually winning, but part of the appeal of the whole show is that you just know that certain people would find the show infuriating. That's the spirit in which I took them being absolutely, 100% clear that, no excuses, Kara is stronger than Clark.

You can do that without bad writing.

Can't afford what?

And Legends likely isn't cancelled. They've said they aren't planning for this season to be the end and The CW generally announces when a long-running series is ending beforehand. They've been pretty good with allowing shows to end with time to plot properly.

A Green Lantern television show. They can't afford that, and at best Green Lantern'll be in Crisis for a few seconds before flying off.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I hope to see Jon Cryer reprising his role as Lex in this. They've got some of the main superman cast from supergirl so it should be a good ground to start off from.

If WB loses their chains by letting Batman appear in Batwoman (Which I'm sure it will in some form some day like how supergirl does) I hope it'll be like a limited series in some way. The Arrowverse is just too good right now on TV.