Oct 28, 2017
Ahh, I didn't know that. The Tribe has spoken Sarah, time to gtfo

After watching that interview and now this, I certainly like her a lot less and can see why others don't like her.

I think Amber would have excelled in just about any other Survivor format than this one. With an Edge of Extinction in play and Boston Rob in the game and capable of funnelling Amber game advantages from Edge of Extinction (along with the ability to return from the Edge at merge or later and forge an unbreakable pair with her), there's an impetus on everyone's part to eject her as well. I'm not even sure that Amber could give up all of her fire tokens and be spared the wrath of her fellow castaways.

You'd have to be a fool to keep her around.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I think Amber would have excelled in just about any other Survivor format than this one. With an Edge of Extinction in play and Boston Rob in the game and capable of funnelling Amber game advantages from Edge of Extinction (along with the ability to return from the Edge at merge or later and forge an unbreakable pair with her), there's an impetus on everyone's part to eject her as well. I'm not even sure that Amber could give up all of her fire tokens and be spared the wrath of her fellow castaways.

I don't know how you could sit on the island and not see Amber and Rob as immediate priority. They're there is a pair, I don't care how buddy buddy you are with them, they have to go.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Sarah....it ain't looking so hot. It seems weird to come on a season so packed and be the one with the most attention coming in and not coming from an immediate season.

jwr7jllsjkc41.jpg
rza06y4d3dd41.jpg
e0r69he3jyd41.jpg
txlxn4ldd6c41.jpg
k1n690ozm5e41.jpg

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Wow, really didn't think Sarah would get so much heat this quick but I'm not shocked.

Yeah, we have nuclear threats like Parv and Kim but those two have shown that if they trust you they'll most likely rock with you to the end at least. Sarah doesn't give a shit, she'll turn on anyone at any moment and while that level of unpredictable gameplay may have done wonders for her on GC I think having that be her theme is what will get her booted quickly on WAW.

3 of the 5 people that have done a first vote for Sarah are on her tribe too...

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Tony had 7 preseason votes going in to Game Changers, so far with 12 votes counted he has a single vote and Sarah has 5. Sarah winning and him going so fast in Game Changers was the best thing to ever happen to him. Tyson being that vote probably isn't great though.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
What is this referring to?

I would not put it past Sophie of just throwing shade and disliking her, but I think Sarah or the cast of Game Changers joked that she had to go from cop to a criminal to win game changers. Or something along those lines.

I think it was something along the lines of her first season being the cop, and second season she had to be the criminal.

Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
I would not put it past Sophie of just throwing shade and disliking her, but I think Sarah or the cast of Game Changers joked that she had to go from cop to a criminal to win game changers. Or something along those lines.

I think it was something along the lines of her first season being the cop, and second season she had to be the criminal.
Yeah she "joked"about it non stop her second season. Part of what made me dislike her, cops really shouldn't be seeing things so black and white.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It probably almost all stems from her ET interview. Confidence is one thing, but it's pretty hard to come out of this looking like someone to root for.

Sarah could get in trouble here because Kass hated her guts when she got all high and mighty and was buying her own hype. That seems to be happening here in the interviews. If people in the game sense that, Sarah is done. People hate Cocky Sarah.

That being said, there's something about her on the island that makes people gravitate to her. I don't really get it, based on her confessionals. But she had people like Andrea, Aubry, Cirie, and Sierra fall in love with her on the show.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
So excited for this. I've been slowly getting my girlfriend to watch last few seasons with me. With all returning winnng players it may be hard to explain who everyone is so hopefully they do set them up in the episodes for casual or new fans.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
That being said, there's something about her on the island that makes people gravitate to her. I don't really get it, based on her confessionals. But she had people like Andrea, Aubry, Cirie, and Sierra fall in love with her on the show.
I think she had the advantage of being a very, very low threat going into GC (she also pre-gamed her ass off) and due to not going to tribal for the first four episodes she was able to just relax and form those bonds. This time, the threat level is much more heightened and a lot of people are on edge. It appears a lot of this cast is equally impressed and scared and she doesn't have much natural charm to really integrate into this cast, imo.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think she had the advantage of being a very, very low threat going into GC (she also pre-gamed her ass off) and due to not going to tribal for the first four episodes she was able to just relax and form those bonds. This time, the threat level is much more heightened and a lot of people are on edge. It appears a lot of this cast is equally impressed and scared and she doesn't have much natural charm to really integrate into this cast, imo.

Are we sure she doesn't have much natural charm, though? Because I totally agree with you from my perception. But she meshed well with the Brawn Tribe in her original season (and then the swap when the Brains needed her). And no one really butted heads with her in Game Changers. Pregaming obviously helped there, but there wasn't even a whiff of people who found her unlikeable in interviews afterward. They were mostly surprised Sarah didn't like them as much in return.

I dunno. I don't find her charismatic at all but she seems to do something in her interactions that puts people at ease.

After that interview, I don't expect her to do well. But Sarah is one of those players I wouldn't ever count out.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Ben's path to victory from HvHvH and it reminded me how robbed Chrissie was.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw Ben's path to victory from HvHvH and it reminded me how robbed Chrissie was.
I agree, and she was still only the second-most-robbed from that season! (I think Devon played one of the best winning games in show history--if not for the fire-making, which should never have happened, anyway.)

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great thread! This is the season a lot of people have been waiting for and it's hard to believe we're finally getting it. Hopefully Ben leaves early.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Great thread! This is the season a lot of people have been waiting for and it's hard to believe we're finally getting it. Hopefully Ben leaves early.
As much as I would love to see that happen, I doubt very much that's what occurs given that he was blessed with a rather ideal tribe draw. He's on a physically weaker tribe that is likely going to vote Boston Rob out early thus making him even more indispensable to have around for challenge purposes. So long as he's not visibly stockpiling idols that his fellow tribemates wish to flush, I think Ben's safe until at least a swap or the late pre-merge period.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Natalie's season (Blood vs Water 2), and forgot how incredibly boring it was. The only bright spots is seeing Jeff get more and more pissed that they keep sharing rewards and throwing challenges so specific people can have a turn eating.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Australian Survivor All-Stars has me not caring about S40 and all it's bullshit at all. At this point I'd rather beat the ever living fuck out of Jeff than watch the abomination he has turned US Survivor into. Thank god for Australia and South Africa.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Australian Survivor All-Stars has me not caring about S40 and all it's bullshit at all. At this point I'd rather beat the ever living fuck out of Jeff than watch the abomination he has turned US Survivor into. Thank god for Australia and South Africa.

"everyone, what's the best ever season of survivor?"

everyone: "the first season where everyone was a real actual person with flaws and warts and a story - competing at the granular level with politics and gamesmanship just an aspect of the competition not the core and not a desperate talentless attractive person trying to break into TV"

Nobody: "every episode where the bachelorette is everyone "

Hollywood: "I heard bachelorette!"

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"everyone, what's the best ever season of survivor?"

everyone: "the first season where everyone was a real actual person with flaws and warts and a story - competing at the granular level with politics and gamesmanship just an aspect of the competition not the core and not a desperate talentless attractive person trying to break into TV"

Nobody: "every episode where the bachelorette is everyone "

Hollywood: "I heard bachelorette!"

I don't think that many fans, even old school fans that were there at the beginning, would pick Survivor Borneo as the best season of the show.

That being said, I would argue it's the format and production of the show (and not the casting) that had been holding the series back lately.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Haha, wow. Indeed, 'everyone' would say that.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I feel kind of bad for Ben getting constantly shit on. I don't particularly like him, but he isn't that bad either. It's not his fault he was made production pet and received twists (rigging?) in his favor.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I feel kind of bad for Ben getting constantly shit on. I don't particularly like him, but he isn't that bad either. It's not his fault he was made production pet and received twists (rigging?) in his favor.
I don't think most of us actually hate Ben. I think most of us who crap on him say we dislike him as shorthand to say exactly what you do in your final sentence.

He was fine as a castaway and not a bad player. He just shouldn't have won.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Oh shit! I've watched about 15 - 20 seasons and I was really hoping I didn't miss this! Definitely in, but haven't watched in about 7 years or so and have no idea who a lot of these people are! Rooting for Parvati first followed by Kim, Sandra or Yul! Sad Cirie never got to win :(

I'll be disappointed if Tyson and Rob aren't booted immediately also. Definitely had enough of them on their multiple season runs and didn't even realize Tyson came back yet again and actually won.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh shit! I've watched about 15 - 20 seasons and I was really hoping I didn't miss this! Definitely in! Rooting for Parvati first followed by Kim, Sandra or Yul! Sad Cirie never got to win :(

I'll be disappointed if Tyson and Rob aren't booted immediately also. Definitely had enough of them on their seasons and didn't even realize Tyson came back and actually won.
Cirie = the best Survivor player to never win the game.
I would be shocked if any hardcore fans could make a convincing case for anyone else.
Although, I have no doubt that some casual fans would be screaming OZZY if asked such a question.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I would be shocked if any hardcore fans could make a convincing case for anyone else.
Although, I have no doubt that some casual fans would be screaming OZZY if asked such a question.
I'd love to see Rob C. play again. That'll never happen, but, yeah. I'll rewatch the Amazon some day in order to make a convincing case. In the meantime, sure, Cirie.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see Rob C. play again. That'll never happen, but, yeah. I'll rewatch the Amazon some day in order to make a convincing case.

It really sounds more and more from his podcasts over the past year or two that he has come around on playing a third time. If called for a Legends season, I think we'll see him back. He jokes a lot about wanting to get voted off early to have a true vacation away from his kids lol.

Definitely in, but haven't watched in about 7 years or so and have no idea who a lot of these people are!

If you want to power binge a season or two in the 8 days before the premiere, we can help with recommendations if you tell us which seasons you haven't seen. Otherwise, you can check out the OP where there are a bunch of videos that can catch you up on the winners you've missed. Hope this helps!

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to binge my Australian Survivor on Sundays lol

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
It really sounds more and more from his podcasts over the past year or two that he has come around on playing a third time. If called for a Legends season, I think we'll see him back. He jokes a lot about wanting to get voted off early to have a true vacation away from his kids lol.
Really? That's awesome. I have to admit I have listened quite a bit less to his podcast over the last one or two years, so that has slipped by me. Outside of the game, I'd really wonder how he'd manage missing out on six weeks of being able to make podcasts. Inside of the game, I'd really wonder how much of a huge target he would be due to his podcast.

Either way, Rob C. in season 50 it is then!

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
If you want to power binge a season or two in the 8 days before the premiere, we can help with recommendations if you tell us which seasons you haven't seen. Otherwise, you can check out the OP where there are a bunch of videos that can catch you up on the winners you've missed. Hope this helps!

Wow thanks!! It seems the last season I watched in full was season 26. What would be the top three seasons to watch between then and now if possible? Thanks! I've already forgotten most of the winners I haven't seen from the OP so Id be going in pretty blind

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Wow thanks!! It seems the last season I watched in full was season 26. What would be the top three seasons to watch between then and now if possible? Thanks! I've already forgotten most of the winners I haven't seen from the OP so Id be going in pretty blind
I would say 28, 29, and 37.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017

I would say 28, 29, and 37.

Pretty much Grexeno's post above. 28 and 37 specifically are cited as two of the best seasons ever, let alone in the past 10 years. 32 is also an excellent season. And I'd also personally put 31 (Second Chance) in there, as it's one of my all time favorite seasons. Fan reaction is mixed on it, though, as some find it too "gamebot-ty".

Oct 28, 2017

Eh I think Ozzy is legitimately a very good player. He gets a target on his back as a challenge threat and still positions himself reasonably well. Cirie May be better, it's hard to say — she's never had to deal with being a challenge threat.

Funny enough the best player to never win is probably someone who flamed out and never got another shot. Well never know.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Really? That's awesome. I have to admit I have listened quite a bit less to his podcast over the last one or two years, so that has slipped by me. Outside of the game, I'd really wonder how he'd manage missing out on six weeks of being able to make podcasts. Inside of the game, I'd really wonder how much of a huge target he would be due to his podcast.

Either way, Rob C. in season 50 it is then!
They should do a ghetto Island of the Idols II season... except this time castaways will be sent to another island (with the Boston Rob and Sandra heads still there but lazily repurposed) with Rob Cesternino and Sandy Burgin (from Survivor Tocantins). Instead of Survivor tips and lessons, Rob conducts a mock RHAP-style podcast with them while Sandy shares amusing anecdotes about her life in Kentucky.

Just play the whole thing up for laughs where Rob and Sandy are extremely obvious about the fact that they're out there and attending tribal councils "incognito" so the other castaways are plainly aware that they're there. Then allow them to join the rest of the cast at the merge and play for real.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I'd say 27, 28 and 31. The last few seasons all blur together a bit for me... seeing the posts above, perhaps I should rewatch 37.