• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
When your game is so good they subtitle Boston Rob talking about how awesome you are

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Kim. It was great having her back, and she lasted longer than I thought she would.

Tony just keeps rising.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
That was the worst Tribal Council I have ever sat through.

Incomprehensible, impossible to follow, Tony *ASKING PEOPLE HOW THEY VOTED* after the votes had been cast. It was a complete shitshow and for what? Was it exciting to watch people mutter to each other for what ended up being a 5:3 vote?

Combine that with losing 10 minutes of the episode to watching the Edge folk lug coconuts around for no reason, this episode was a slog.

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Denise is all of us tonight trying to shut down all the whispering at tribal.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
That tribal council hurt. I really wanted Kim to win but Tony was the stronger manipulator. I think this season will leave a sour taste in my mouth if he doesn't win because he effortlessly toppled the two biggest threats in the game. I have a feeling Sarah also made a massive mistake in telling Tony to keep his immunity idol but we'll see.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I thought this episode was excellent. The spy nest thing was definitely overhyped and the coconut challenge was kind of a boring retread. But I thought the gameplay was pretty fascinating. Like last week, another episode that showed off the higher level of gameplay from everyone.

Kim was absolutely right that she needed to remove Tony from the equation, she just had a bad read on Nick. Tony was right in recognizing that getting rid of Jeremy is going to create a power vacuum toward her. Nick is correct in trying to play the middle and try to get rid of the jury threats on both sides. Ben, as terrible and stubborn a player he is most of the time, realizing that Tony is right about Kim. All culminating in a very very uneasy vote, with Sarah, Tony, and Jeremy all realizing that they don't need to play their idols.

Plus, the whole thing is so messy in its execution, it was like something out of a Coen Bros. movie. I ended up being completely fooled by this episode's outcome, totally thought Jeremy had run out of time this week.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's say Natalie beats Tyson and the others this time and gets back into the game.

What are the odds she would win over Denise or another player.

Oct 26, 2017
She has been on the Edge with the entire jury, I would say she could have a pretty decent chance.

Love Natalie but can't imagine how mad everyone will be if a season like this ends with Natalie winning a few challenges in a row, lol.

I like the Edge of Extinction a lot, but I think there needs to be a crucial change.

1. Can't rejoin main group after the merge, you're out of the game if you lose the merge challenge.
2. Side game exclusively for Edge of Extinction players where you can win like $300K if you win this massive, several part challenge at the end of the game. Can buy advantages as you go through the challenge with the fire tokens you earn.

Then the characters people like continue to stay on the show, but we don't get things like Eric winning because of an idol and two challenge wins.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they fix the tribal whispering in the future. It's past the point of cute...

Ben is so intolerable. Clearly he won't win the season with tonight's edit, at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Love Natalie but can't imagine how mad everyone will be if a season like this ends with Natalie winning a few challenges in a row, lol.

I like the Edge of Extinction a lot, but I think there needs to be a crucial change.

1. Can't rejoin main group after the merge, you're out of the game if you lose the merge challenge.
2. Side game exclusively for Edge of Extinction players where you can win like $300K if you win this massive, several part challenge at the end of the game. Can buy advantages as you go through the challenge with the fire tokens you earn.

Then the characters people like continue to stay on the show, but we don't get things like Eric winning because of an idol and two challenge wins.
I'd rather it be something a bit bigger if they are going to do it like
18 players
6 voted out go to extinction,
-maybe a tribe swap in there
-6 voted out return as a 3rd tribe
-double elimination challenges afterwards
-merge

Fire tokens and such remain and technically balance against the extinction tribe since its selling them advantages that can be used against them post merge.
It also keeps them challenged so they aren't just resting up to destroy the other two tribes and causes some conflict between them.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People get so pissy here about 'live tribals' - it baffles me. You bitch that they don't show us all the strat talk when it's a straightforward vote, but with live tribals they can show us EVERYTHING because it will still be a surprise at the end. Like, do you really want the show to just be every chat everyone has laid out and then the vote is a foregone conclusion every week? I dont'.

EPISODE 12 HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 12 episodes)

IMMUNITY IDOLS

Ben (others that know of its existence - Sarah / Tony)
Natalie (others that know of its existence - NONE)
Rob (others that know of its existence - Amber)
Tony (others that know of its existence - Ben / Sarah)

OTHER GAME ADVANTAGES

Jeremy ("50/50 immunity coin" - can only be used until Final 7; others that know of its existence - Michele, Sarah, Tony plus Everyone on the Edge except Adam, Kim, Sophie and Tyson)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 12 episodes; tokens expire if not spent within the next 5 game days)

Total in Play = 35 (+16 from last week)
- 12 tokens bestowed on the Edge following the Coconut Run Challenge
- 2 tokens bestowed to each IC winner

Players Left in the Game = 19

LIVE IN THE GAME

Denise = 6
Nick = 4
Sarah = 3
Ben = 1
Jeremy = 1
Michele = 1
Tony = 1

ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION

Natalie = 5
Parvati = 5
Sophie = 2
Tyson = 2
Wendell = 2
Yul = 2

Everyone else has 0.

Turns out even the great Kim Spradlin can pull a Varner and step out of a game for a million dollars for peanut butter (or 2 million in this case).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 12 episodes)

IMMUNITY IDOLS

Ben (others that know of its existence - Sarah / Tony)
Tony (others that know of its existence - Ben / Sarah)

OTHER GAME ADVANTAGES

Michele ("50/50 immunity coin" - can only be used until Final 7; others that know of its existence - Jeremy plus Everyone on the Edge except Adam, Sophie and Tyson)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 12 episodes)

Total in Play = 35 (+16 from last week)
- 12 tokens bestowed on the Edge following the Coconut Run Challenge
- 2 tokens bestowed to each IC winner

Players Left in the Game = 19

LIVE IN THE GAME

Denise = 6
Nick = 3
Tony = 3
Sarah = 3
Jeremy = 1
Michele = 1

ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION

Natalie = 5
Parvati = 5
Sophie = 2
Tyson = 2
Wendell = 2
Yul = 2

Everyone else has 0.

Turns out even the great Kim Spradlin can pull a Varner and step out of a game for a million dollars for peanut butter (or 2 million in this case).

Natalie and Rob don't have the idols they bought pre-merge, right?

No idea what Natalie and Parvati will even spend their money on, lol.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Up until these last two episodes, I thought Ben was entertaining and didn't understand why everybody hated him so much.

Now I understand. He has played SO DUMB these last two rounds.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Natalie and Rob don't have the idols they bought pre-merge, right?

No idea what Natalie and Parvati will even spend their money on, lol.
Jeff confirmed in interviews that those idols were null and void post-return challenge. They really should have just loaded up on challenge advantages. Rob especially fucked up there.

Presumably the return challenge this time will have a similar advantage structure. Probably three advantages that cost 2 tokens a piece. Maybe an idol that costs like 5 tokens and only lasts for the first tribal back in the game as an added temptation.

FYI, the 50/50 coin expires automatically if not used in the first of next week's tribal councils.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Jeff confirmed in interviews that those idols were null and void post-return challenge. They really should have just loaded up on challenge advantages. Rob especially fucked up there.

Presumably the return challenge this time will have a similar advantage structure. Probably three advantages that cost 2 tokens a piece. Maybe an idol that costs like 5 tokens and only lasts for the first tribal back in the game as an added temptation.

Could you buy more than one advantage? Weird that Natalie didn't just buy several if that's the case.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Could you buy more than one advantage? Weird that Natalie didn't just buy several if that's the case.
You can. They just stack on top of one another so you can't cherry-pick which challenge advantage you want. So everyone the first time around could only opt out of digging and not benefit somewhere else (i.e. having their pole pre-constructed for them).

Natalie felt the idol was more worthwhile to have than loading up on the other challenge shortcuts.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Up until these last two episodes, I thought Ben was entertaining and didn't understand why everybody hated him so much.

Now I understand. He has played SO DUMB these last two rounds.

Even though he's a goat, his strategy is also to go to the end with goats, forcing the jury to pick the lesser of the evils. This makes for terrrrrrrrrrrrible TV.

Not to mention that his season was a total shitshow... he got saved by a number of no-clue idols (I think three in a row?) and then the random final four fire making challenge got him before the jury. It was probably felt like one of the biggest cases of producer rigging on the show ... perhaps since the season where Tyson randomly found an idol at the end of his winning season.

Not only that, but he's awful at the social game and sulks whenever he doesn't get things his way (he alienated his entire post-merge alliance on his original season).

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it ever a good idea to totally freeze a person out like Ben did to Jeremy tonight? It seems like such fundamentally terrible gameplay to me.

I can see doing at the season's very first vote, or something, if someone's really made themselves the oddball of the tribe and you don't want to look in any way associated with that person, but generally speaking that's one of the clearest signs of someone who's bad at the social game of Survivor.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
People get so pissy here about 'live tribals' - it baffles me. You bitch that they don't show us all the strat talk when it's a straightforward vote, but with live tribals they can show us EVERYTHING because it will still be a surprise at the end. Like, do you really want the show to just be every chat everyone has laid out and then the vote is a foregone conclusion every week? I dont'.

Subtitling them, as they did tonight, does help matters...

That being said, the Survivor editors do a good job of not making votes seem like foregone conclusions most weeks without live tribals. I don't find the show to be particularly predictable from week to week (although my gut told me Kim was doomed this week when it showed her in the opening stumbling while returning her torch to camp... the editors love metaphors like that... or someone saying something cocky about a blindside at tribal before they get blindsided).

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how, seemingly, Ben and Nick's names never seem to come up when we get to the point in each episode where every name is getting flung around. Are they legitimately UTR, or are they both default goats that everyone wants in F3?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Tony is solidifying the Big Brother strategy on Survivor. Sleep the first half of the game and then wake up and play hard as hell.

Ben seemed like he was doing so well until merge, and now the dude has just acted like a complete child. Alienating players, being whiny when he doesn't get his way, then does exactly what he's told while simultaneously bitching about it during tribal. What is this dude doing? The good spot he was in just go to his head?

Sad to see Kim go, but I'm really stunned at how the vote never strayed from Jeremy or Kim. How was Sarah and Ben not instant choices once Tony had immunity? He can't be allowed to go back to his alliance members after these big moves. Did these people watch Cagayan?

I don't understand how, seemingly, Ben and Nick's names never seem to come up when we get to the point in each episode where every name is getting flung around. Are they legitimately UTR, or are they both default goats that everyone wants in F3?

I think everyone here at this point wants Nick in their final 3. Ben may just be left alone because he seems so transparent. At least he's a pretty known quantity in this chaos.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018
Fantastic episode for me. The chaos is real - it does ruin tribal and the discourse that can happen but with 2 million at stake - the paranoia must be fucking crazy.

Loved it. I just feel like island of extinction takes away from the edit for the actual players left in the game ... probably my biggest issue with this season. The good thing is that its a cast of players I care about - I can only imagine how tedious it'll be if all the people on IOE are newbies you don't care about.

Kim + Nick and Michelle don't deserve to win simply for stepping down to eat some cookies. Ain't got no game.

No more IOE in season 41.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Subtitling them, as they did tonight, does help matters...

That being said, the Survivor editors do a good job of not making votes seem like foregone conclusions most weeks without live tribals. I don't find the show to be particularly predictable from week to week (although my gut told me Kim was doomed this week when it showed her in the opening stumbling while returning her torch to camp... the editors love metaphors like that... or someone saying something cocky about a blindside at tribal before they get blindsided).
But people bitch then too, read through this very thread for examples, because it means they didn't show us strategy talk. There's no winning.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to address the whispering. It's just a mess.

Tony's great though, by far the most entertaining guy out there.

Sin Jawnz

Dec 8, 2017

FYI, the 50/50 coin expires automatically if not used in the first of next week's tribal councils.

He corrected himself and said they are still live idols.

And that trust extends to every department on our show. Trust. It's a beautiful thing, isn't it? Kinda like how you trust me to always give you the right information in our weekly Q&A. And usually I do. In fact, I'd say 99.999 percent of the time I do. Really, I do. Last week, eh, not so much. Call me quarantine stir-crazy, but I said that the idols on the Edge of Extinction are now dead. That is wrong. Dead wrong, El Probesto. They still have another "Get Back In The Game Challenge," and if they get back in the game, their idol still works. Send me to Extinction, I deserve it.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Which must mean (speculative spoilers)

Neither Natalie nor Rob make it back. Otherwise, their idol would have been relevant and Jeff wouldn't have fucked that up.
Yeah I think you're right. I'm gonna make a guess that Kim comes back from extinction. Based on practically nothing. Parvati has been getting a lot of screen time, but that could easily be just because she's Parvati.