• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
sushi-striker-the-way-of-sushido-artwork.jpg

Some reviews for Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido have shown up. The game releases June 8th.

GameXplain - Loved

Newsweek - 9/10

Nintendo-Insider - 9/10

Nintendo Life - 8/10

Critical Hit - 7/10

Destructoid - 6.5/10

Eurogamer

Feel free to link more reviews if you find them, these are all I found at the moment.

Last edited:

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo on Switch and couldn't help but think the 3DS version might actually be the way to play it. That game feels designed for the stylus, so I hope SOME outlets review the 3DS version and compare it to the Switch version.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
I knew I'd like this game. After playing the demo, now I KNOW I'll like it. I'd totally get a special edition sushi plate...or something.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
I played the demo on Switch and couldn't help but think the 3DS version might actually be the way to play it. That game feels designed for the stylus, so I hope SOME outlets review the 3DS version and compare it to the Switch version.
Same. I wish the demo came out on 3ds so we could get a better feel.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
My second time playing through the demo and reading the advanced strategies helped me see the potential for the game.

Plus I'm a sucker for anything weird.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super pumped for this. Stuff like this makes me feel like a kid again. Just a weird, addicting game to pass the time :D

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Felt the same way. Game was way better than I expected, but I'll definitely pick up the 3DS version over the Switch version. The game is clearly made for that.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really want this game. I loved the demo. But 50$ in the same month as Mario Tennis and also some other games I want is a hard sell. I'll see what I can do, but will probably have to wait for a price drop.

Wiifitkid

Mar 12, 2018
The game is getting better reviews than I expected. I was expecting more 6.5 and 7s due to price

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't tell, are the girl and boy separate characters in the story, or is it a choose your protagonist game?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

It sounds like it's not available for review, unfortunately, although Eurogamer's review does mention this and states that they suspect the 3DS version will be the way to go with it.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Demo made it feel like an iPad game. Definitely didnt enjoy it enough to pay that price. But what really killed my interest in it was I fell in love with Mario Tennis. Combined with Lumines coming out in 2 weeks, this game never stood a chance.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but I think the price is a bit steep. (Even though I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris at full price!)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It kinda feels that way, but thankfully the Switch version allows you to use the touch screen while in Handheld Mode. I honestly prefer playing the demo undocked for that reason.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Not at that price I'm afraid. They tried their best with incredible production value but it's gonna be a tough sell. Also I didn't know it was a Nintendo created title for ages haha. Sushi in Smash Bros? :)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Demo was fun, but no way am I paying anywhere near that price for it. If it goes on sale (Nintendo rip) I might pick it up.

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the demo but there's so many games out soon. It's a Nintendo game so instinct is that it won't go on sale soon but it's kinda niche idk.

Doesn't help that Runner 3 is $30 this week at GameStop, lumines is out soon, ugh

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get this. Money's too tight right now but I wanna pick this up ASAP.

May 5, 2018
Currently sitting at a 76 on metacritic, but not all of the reviews posted here have been posted to add to the score. Good to know this game seems pretty good, but with Mario Tennis Aces coming out this month, I'm not sure if I should spend my money on this yet.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I was very pleasantly surprised by the demo, I enjoyed it a lot.

A lot of competition during this release window though, so hopefully it finds an audience.

Oct 27, 2017
MIIIIIGHT get the 3DS version, since it's cheaper on Amazon today (Prime discount), but if I don't order it today from there, I'll probably wait until it's discounted (eShop or elsewhere). Too expensive.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was $40 for the Switch with Amazon Prime, so I did it. Sushi, here I come!

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Demo was a lot of fun, really surprised by the production values, I love puzzle games but not when they wrap a whole story around it (barely made a dent into puyo puyo/tetris's single player) so this might not be worth the entry price for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to see how crazy the outlook is from E3 before I jump on this. I loved the demo once I set about learning the systems well enough to S-rank every stage, and once I found a comfortable way to play with both speed and accuracy (touch only, Joy-Cons removed), but there is admittedly a bit of sticker shock here and the Switch has so much going on, with the last week or two being one of the spendiest periods for me since launch.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Really enjoyed the demo and I think i need to pick it up. I played on Switch and it did seem like a stylist would be better but I do not think I'll be picking up anything else for 3DS.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The game is very fun. The only thing that started 'bothering' me after soms 15-20 hours is that the game stagnated a bit. As in, the gameplay loop became a bit dull because of the simple and limited input you need to provide.

That's very personal though and I still have alot of fun with the game.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
About what I expected. Super hyped for it personally. First first party game since Kirby that's not a port or Labo, so I'm glad I have a reason to pick up my Switch again finally.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017

You can use stylus on Switch in case you didn't know. I bought a cheap capacitive stylus from Target to play this game and it works great.

My order is coming in tomorrow. Can't wait.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Those reviews are quite a lot better than I expected. I'm interested in the game but not sure whether to get it on the 2DS XL or Switch.
Didn't play the demo yet so this will hopefully help me on deciding if it's worth getting on Switch.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Demo was really fun, some nice production value put into this. And these reviews are glowing too! Might have to get it, but probably not for a few months