• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
A number like that feels designed to make the case that single player games don't make sales expectations and to push Respawn out of making them.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
6-8 mil? Hard to say. I can see 2-4 mil sure if the game is good. Its star wars so name alone will take it far. And if its actually a good game i can see 4 mil easy.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That is too high of an expectations to have from a single player action game.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
tenor.gif

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
That is too high of an expectations to have from a single player action game.
A Star Wars one releasing same year as end of the new trilogy? I can see the game hitting those expectations very easily throughout the next year. I can't think of a better circumstances for this game to release.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Being on Steam will help.

But being a single player game that is able to be played on PC without being bought kinda offsets that.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
To those people doubting they hit that figure, remember the last movie of the trilogy and a very hyped live action tv show with accompanying backlog of movies are coming to Disney plus. Also the install base on pc and consoles is HUGE. Easy 7 mil. Note, I'm not getting it at launch but I'll get it on Xmas

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
isn't that double sekiro's

i guess they're really hoping star wars is a big enough ip to significantly outsell fromsoft

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A Star Wars one releasing same year as end of the new trilogy? I can see the game hitting those expectations very easily throughout the next year. I can't think of a better circumstances for this game to release.
Very few action games can do as good as EA expect this to do. I can only think of GoW 2018 of the top of my head atm.

This is Star Wars and you are right, we are getting new Star Wars movie at the end of the year, but still, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
isn't that double sekiro's

i guess they're really hoping star wars is a big enough ip to significantly outsell fromsoft
Yep, this is double what Sekiro has done and triple of what DMC5 has manage to do thus far, and these are two of the biggest action games in the industry*.

*In case of Sekiro, From is really popular right now so their games as a whole are very well known even if Sekiro is a new IP.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Congrats on their sales success but...

67b.jpg

Reinforces the idea you can rush out a buggy game designed around microtransations and still have it sell on name alone.

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people call it not possible? GoW sold like 5 mil in a month. It would be a massive flop if it sells below 6 mil in 6 months.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully JFL it's on sale for black friday or christmas. 39.99 it's alright. By that time a lot of impressions and reviews are out, we'll know if the game actually delivers or not.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
As long as the game gets good scores, i can see it selling 2 million on Xbox, and 3.5 on ps4 in the first 3 months.

Sep 15, 2019
Those are some lofty expectations for a single player only title.

Something like a modern Jedi Academy with multiplayer and all that I could easily see hitting those numbers.

I'm mostly curious how people will react to the saber combat after having Jedi Outcast re-released. Everything I've seen doesn't give me that lightsaber combat feel.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Depending on reviews and if they keep their word that it's a single player game with no microtransactions, I will get Jedi Fallen Order.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
It can definitely reach 6-8m copies with a release on PS4/One/PC, especially if the game is really good

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess that playing this through Origin Access Premier is not going to count towards that number. Steam may help with the sales number though.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
There's a reason why some of you aren't analysts lol

6-8 is insanely achievable, massive install base across all platforms, releasing close to the end of a trilogy...If it reviews well (heck even if it doesn't) and importantly avoids controversy it'll do well

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
There's a reason why some of you aren't analysts lol

6-8 is insanely achievable, massive install base across all platforms, releasing close to the end of a trilogy...If it reviews well (heck even if it doesn't) and importantly avoids controversy it'll do well
I was just going to post this. 6-8 seems very likely.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As a random spin off following a random guy. Probably not. If it were something more closely tied into the movies. Maybe. Assuming it reviewed well. But the fact battlefront 1/2 sold 33 million is so depressing Its really hard to say for sure.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

67b.jpg

Reinforces the idea you can rush out a buggy game designed around microtransations and still have it sell on name alone.

I hear ya, but after I saw TLJ, I just wanted to play the crait level so bad and bought it digitally on a whim, I bet a lot did too.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Easy, this game will be huge for the holidays. It will probably do 6-8 million in the rest of 2019, let alone up to March.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Wow people are really downplaying SEJFL. Game is getting glowing first impressions, it's made by a great dev, it's single player, and it's fucking Star Wars (launching in-between this season's biggest show and movie). It'll do incredibly well, it's my first EA pre-order this entire generation.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Good reviews + Good Mandolarian + Good Final Star Wars movie = Star Wars Pandemonium and Profit???

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll hit that, especially when it gets closer to Christmas/TROS release.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I hope the game is good and it sells well, maybe they will finally make more single player SW games

still i hope they never get exclusive rights to SW ever again, everyone should get their chance to make SW games

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why they didn't throw in battlefront multiplayer to expand the value and help the game grow now that it's turned around a bit.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
No idea what it'll do but I have faith in Respawn to deliver something great and I like the studio, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed it hits or even exceeds those expectations.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
That number is definitely possible. Other single player games like GoW hit over 5m on just one console and Anthem which was complete garbo hit a fairly high number too didn't it?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My question is why aren't they pumping out more star wars games if all of them can be projected to sell that many copies? The fact that fucking Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga will be the only way to play through any of the new trilogy on consoles is crazy to me.

Oct 27, 2017

67b.jpg

This poor guy. His name was Bob O'Brien, he was a reporter for Channel 5 News in New York City for 30 years before moving on to the UPN local Channel 9 station you see in the meme. I remember watching him throughout my later childhood. He died about a year and a half ago. But he lives on in this meme, I suppose.