• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which kind of junkfood do you prefer?

• Sweet

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Spicy

Votes: 100 70.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely spicy.

Not overly fond of sweet stuff (even though I loved it as a child)

Edit: Both can be awesome too btw. Like spicy honey chicken wings

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, either both or neither. I think if I have to choose between those two, I'd probably pick sweet over spicy, even though I'd normally take spicy over sweet things in most cases.

But, for snacking, I prefer savory flavors, salty foods like chips, pretzels, goldfish crackers, etc.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I don't really like sugary things, and not only because they make me feel like garbage. My default snack food is tortilla chips and salsa. If I must have something sweet, it'd be like ice cream or sour gummi things, but that is rare

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I can do spicy for an entree, but I've never really been into spicy snacks.
I'm more of a sweet or salty/savory kinda person on the snack front.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Spicy food is a gift from God when you're eating it, and depending on how spicy it was, a curse from Satan later in the night. Wouldn't trade that feeling for the world, though.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I have to choose I will choose spicy. I've developed a bit more of a sweet tooth lately but still will reach for some hot chips or Cheetos over a piece of candy.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Depends on the mood really. I like a really good spicy snack, but I also like a really good sweet snack.

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Here in MĂ©xico, spicy candies are the norm. Take this for example:

E7iCnFj.jpg

I purchased this mangonada two days ago. It has ice, mango slices, mango juice, chamoy, and tamarindo candies.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have a major sweet tooth. It's bad.

I do like some spicy stuff sometimes (New Orleans cuisine is SO GOOD) but I legit have a tongue condition that's essentially overdeveloped taste buds and I taste flavors and such way more strongly than the average person so spicy stuff usually kills me. I cannot tell you how many times I've heard "that's not spicy at all" as I'm like dying and I'm just like "I'm broken, I know. Leave me alone."

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Mannnnnn it's like my 2 fav things.... I can't choose.

Losing spicy would mean no chillies so no indian / thai / vietnamese food which would be worse than death.

Or lose sweet so no chocy.......

I can't man I can't, just kill me instead.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Spicy, no doubt.

I like to keep some Mrs. Renfro's ghost pepper cheese on hand. Just a little dab on a few (as in 5 or less) pretzels, and you're good to go. It's been extraordinarily helpful in cutting back on night time snacking.

Nov 8, 2017
Give me Spicy every time. Glad to see that Era has good taste. It's one thing that sucks about living in Netherlands, hardly any spicy snacks at all here. :(

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Costco used to carry this sweet and spicy beef jerky and it was the most amazing thing. I don't know why they don't carry it anymore.

I vote both.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Spicy over everything but if it has to be sweet, at least give me the decency to choose to disintegrate my tastebuds for a while with nuclear grade sour stuff.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a notorious spice lover but I generally hate sweets. When people leave ice cream in my freezer it just goes bad, which people tell me is crazy.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm sweet. 90% of my snacks are cereal or some form of cracker type thing with peanut butter, which doesn't seem like either sweet or spicy, but then I remember that the cereal and peanut butter I buy both have a ton of sugar.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If it's just a snack I'd rather do sweet/savory stuff. Spicy for a full meal type of thing.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I love both... Well, I can't tolerate sweet food as much as I could when I was a teenager. I'll enjoy a fruit or a snack bar, but I can't stand Haribo candy anymore.
But at the same time, spicy food gives me the hiccups, which is very uncomfortable, and spicy snacks are very hard to find anyway.
I guess that I prefer spicy snacks over sweet snacks, but because spicy snacks give me the hiccups, I'd rather eat something sweet sometimes.
I ate these by the handful when I was in America, but I can't find anything like it in France:
51NqKhKLBHL._SY355_.jpg