GHOSTDEATH

Oct 27, 2017
A Nintendo console/handheld with the power of a PS4 Pro (almost PS5?) seems too good to be true tbh.
Info directly from chain of production so not a rumor and it's the result to have waited 2025 instead to launch a console in november 2020 which was very early too for Ray Tracing, we need to not forget that switch 2 will have 12 RT cores for Ray Tracing and 48 Tensor cores too (DLSS)

It will not be a PS5 but for the form factor very good!

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I would post a thread about the new leaks but I don't want to step on any Famiboard people's toes
New news gets a new thread, post a thread. You guys can't be burying news in giant OTs like this. Unless you were following this thread you had no idea this happened and that is not OK.

Last edited:

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Honestly thing thing I'm most looking forward to is the fact that for the first time, Nintendo's more demanding games (their 3D games like Xenoblade, Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, etc) will finally have much improved image quality. While I don't mind the way the games look in motion it always bothered me that I could never take good screenshots due to lack of AA and lower resolutions.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I'd have been happy with the base Switch performance but with image quality/resolution that's not offensive to the eyes.

This sounds good; also hoping Nintendo reworks the Joy-Con analog sticks to prevent the drift issue.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Replying to see the rumored specs. Crazy this thing could still be a year and a half away (let's hope for 10 months).

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I'll need someone to explain the specs to me in layman's terms. Gigahertz and teraflops mean absolutely nothing.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I don't remember this amount of traffic when the actual GPU / CPU leaked more than a year ago. There's like, two new specs in the shipping data. Significant, but not necessary to read the entire breakdown of the shipping data (although I found it a fun read...).

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Dang things are getting interesting. I am rather excited about the new discoveries.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I don't think they'd make again the same mistake of releasing a machine with 2 hours battery life. On the other hand, it's Nintendo...

faint

Oct 27, 2017
12 is probably okay, 16 would have been much better while not costing much more.

Based on what I saw on Fami the decision seemed to be either 16GB of slower memory or 12GB of what's in the leak. I'm sure cost played a factor too but it's possible Nintendo saw the speed as being more critical.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Based on what I saw on Fami the decision seemed to be either 16GB of slower memory or 12GB of what's in the leak. I'm sure cost played a factor too but it's possible Nintendo saw the speed as being more critical.
No, 16 at same speed is technically possible. Is not like there's not lpddr5x 8GB ram chips.

To make my clear, the decision could be nintendo had a budget of $10 and they could either buy lpddr5 8GB or lpddr5x 6GB.

What I'm saying is that Nintendo could have spent $15 and get 8GB lpddr5x and get a significantly better, more future proof device.

Note: Those are not the real numbers

Last edited:

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
I'll need someone to explain the specs to me in layman's terms. Gigahertz and teraflops mean absolutely nothing.

~PS4 Pro with more modern tech. Should punch above in docked. Switch 2 will even have some strengths above Series S.

DLSS plus this hardware should provide for viable ports of a large amount of current generation games (milage will vary).

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Thinking about the "Skyrim moment" of the first Switch reveal, Baldur's Gate 3 would be a great way to show off the hardware and drop a big ass game in the launch window. Divinity OS2 on Switch is amazing, still my favorite Larian experience.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
~PS4 Pro with more modern tech. Should punch above in docked. Switch 2 will even have some strengths above Series S.

DLSS plus this hardware should provide for viable ports of a large amount of current generation games (milage will vary).
Where are we getting the comparisons with PS4 pro from? The chipset T239 seems more inline with the regular PS4 with modern features than the pro.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
No, 16 at same speed is technically possible. Is not like there's not lpddr5x 8GB ram chips.

To make my clear, the decision could be nintendo has $10 and he could either buy lpddr5 8GB or lpddr5x 6GB.
What I'm saying is that Nintendo could have spent $15 and get 8GB lpddr5x and get a significantly better, more future proof device.

Note: Those are not the real numbers

I'm aware. My point was they were likely looking at a fixed cost for RAM and had to choose between 12GB 7500MT/s and let's say 16GB 6400MT/s memory. It's possible they saw the faster speed as being more important, even if only for their first-party output.