treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
I really appreciate the attention you brought to Switch icons from devs, and I like the idea of recognizing the best Switch icons, but uh, I can't say I enjoyed how you framed this.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Neiteio's avatar before I played Revelations and it ruined it for me. I expected it to be bellowed from the diaphragm like Quint seems to be doing in the render. Instead it's just a nerdy guy quietly letting that line slip out when talking about a computer.

On topic, I have little to say, except that I love that even Nintendo seems to have sucked into this.
Back in 2012 when Revelations 1 first came out and I became fond of this avatar, I was almost tempted to go with a Parker icon saying "I'M BUYING YOU LUNCH."

RER1 was a very quotable game.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Lol tits offending a bunch of tits. Should have voted for xenoblade but glad bomberman made it, hope more people get the game the amount of support shown for it by konami is pretty crazy. The icon is pure joy too

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
How much did it cost ERA to hire Billy Crystal gifs for this event?
Is there an after party?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Only one person voted for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and they ranked it last on their ballot.

That seems like an injustice, but I'd be pot-kettling if I complained since I didn't vote for it either.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
Bravo, Neiteio. TITS, indeed, buddy.

Small anecdote: I'd never heard that particular word used in that particular way before playing the original Revelations. It made an immediate impression on me because I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd heard in a while. But, like, in an endearing way. So when I first saw your profile pic on the other site, I literally had a chuckle to myself because I realized i obviously wasn't the only one who found it striking, hahaha.

On topic: This is my first time seeing the BotW icon blown up like that and it's friggin' gorgeous. Those brushstrokes *.*

Also, Penguin-kun Gira Gira is rad af. I think it out-Mario Karts Mario Kart in the dark-neon aesthetic department.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Bravo, Neiteio. TITS, indeed, buddy.

Small anecdote: I'd never heard that particular word used in that particular way before playing the original Revelation. It made an immediate impression on me because I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd heard in a while. But, like, in an endearing way. So when I first saw your profile pic on the other site, I literally had a chuckle to myself because I realized i obviously wasn't the only one who found it striking, hahaha.

On topic: This is my first time seeing the BotW icon blown up like that and it's friggin' gorgeous. Those brushstrokes *.*

Also, Penguin-kun Gira Gira is rad af. I think it out-Mario Karts Mario Kart's in the dark-neon aesthetic.
Thanks. I just think it's a funny word. :-)

And yeah, the Zelda icon is stunning at full resolution. Like you said, the brushstrokes!

CloakBass

Dec 10, 2017
Nobody does, not even Nintendo.

hI6fKRL.png
Is there a screencap of their excessive simplicity example just below this?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree with Penguin Wars > Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. MK8DX actually has an awful mess of a cover, the colors are all over the place and Mario is looking super generic. Penguin Wars tho, that's a great use of neon and colors + the great art.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Billy Crystal: How does it feel to be at the TITS?
Sumo Digital: Look man, I'm telling you this. There are passionate people, there are crazy people, and then there's me. It's crazy man. I'm so passionate to be here and I'm so excited to be meeting this industry, it's crazy man. This is kind of insane, like we're here...the Game Awards should fuck themselves up, this is the shit, this is the real shit, what is this? Switch Icons, I'm just saying this. Sorry I'm taking you up, let me just give me a minute, I won't take your time. Can you swear here? Ok, fuck the Game Awards, fuck the Game Awards, fuck you, this is bullshit, look here's the thing. The Switch Icon is an interactive experience, you feel it in your heart
Billy Crystal: Uh Josef, what can you tell us about your newest Switch Icons...
Sumo Digital: Oh, my friend, what can I tell you? I'm telling you. Alright, this is what I can tell you. This is insane, if the whole world tell me "your icon is shit," I'll tell them "No, it's not". That's how much I believe in it. All right, I'm telling you, if you look at it from top to bottom, and you see what it is, it's impossible you don't like it. Impossible, make sure to look at it with a friend. It's not a straight box art rip off
Billy Crystal: And this is your idea?
Sumo Digital: Yeah yeah yeah, and this is the thing, this is my idea and it doesn't have anything to do with the EA shit with the lootboxes with cosmetic icons and stuff. Look, look, look. I'm going to say to you one thing, what I'm saying is this, all publishers fuck up sometimes, that's how it is, they fuck up. In this case, it's like they're treating me very well, I have 100% of income for my team for the icon I'm making. Am I talking too long? You know how proud I am to be on the stage here at the TITS?
Billy Crystal: Well, your improved icon is coming out next year...
Sumo Digital: Yeah, let's announce the date, no, let's show the teaser and talk after. No? Ok, one second, one second, one thing. So we have something we call it in France "It's my idea from the get go, from the first, I'm a passionate man, nobody will ever, even if I do AAA, this is an independent game, even if I do that, it will be the icon I want it to be. I'll come to the point soon...
Billy Crystal: All right, Snake Pass' improved icon, coming out next year!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I attended the ceremony. Billy was his typical, cheeky self. Sharon Stone looked ravishing in her attire, we shared pleasantries on the red carpet. Mel had a few too many, but soon settled into a buffet table that he claimed his own. I must say though, I was disappointed in the spread.

NwqsK.jpg

Whole loaf of bread though, so can't complain too much, although Sharon got minestrone on her Escada.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Billy Crystal: How does it feel to be at the TITS?
Sumo Digital: Look man, I'm telling you this. There are passionate people, there are crazy people, and then there's me. It's crazy man. I'm so passionate to be here and I'm so excited to be meeting this industry, it's crazy man. This is kind of insane, like we're here...the Game Awards should fuck themselves up, this is the shit, this is the real shit, what is this? Switch Icons, I'm just saying this. Sorry I'm taking you up, let me just give me a minute, I won't take your time. Can you swear here? Ok, fuck the Game Awards, fuck the Game Awards, fuck you, this is bullshit, look here's the thing. The Switch Icon is an interactive experience, you feel it in your heart
Billy Crystal: Uh Josef, what can you tell us about your newest Switch Icons...
Sumo Digital: Oh, my friend, what can I tell you? I'm telling you. Alright, this is what I can tell you. This is insane, if the whole world tell me "your icon is shit," I'll tell them "No, it's not". That's how much I believe in it. All right, I'm telling you, if you look at it from top to bottom, and you see what it is, it's impossible you don't like it. Impossible, make sure to look at it with a friend. It's not a straight box art rip off
Billy Crystal: And this is your idea?
Sumo Digital: Yeah yeah yeah, and this is the thing, this is my idea and it doesn't have anything to do with the EA shit with the lootboxes with cosmetic icons and stuff. Look, look, look. I'm going to say to you one thing, what I'm saying is this, all publishers fuck up sometimes, that's how it is, they fuck up. In this case, it's like they're treating me very well, I have 100% of income for my team for the icon I'm making. Am I talking too long? You know how proud I am to be on the stage here at the TITS?
Billy Crystal: Well, your improved icon is coming out next year...
Sumo Digital: Yeah, let's announce the date, no, let's show the teaser and talk after. No? Ok, one second, one second, one thing. So we have something we call it in France "It's my idea from the get go, from the first, I'm a passionate man, nobody will ever, even if I do AAA, this is an independent game, even if I do that, it will be the icon I want it to be. I'll come to the point soon...
Billy Crystal: All right, Snake Pass' improved icon, coming out next year!
This is amazing, haha

Now I wish we'd secured the WORLD EXCLUSIVE first look at the new Snake Pass icon

(It's a great game, need to finish World 4)

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
What was curious about Snake Pass is its original icon followed Nintendo's guidelines perfectly, but then they changed it in a patch.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honoured to be involved in not one but two of the top 5's quotes, the most prestigious vote of the year, I am blessed!

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We can make an award show of out this. Thanks for quoting me on three of the icons, and great job on compiling the votes Neiteio!
Too bad that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 didn't get the recognition it deserves. I will probably move it from fifth to second place if I am voting right now. These are still great choices, as expected from the refined connoisseurs of Switch icons™ like us.
Can't wait for another year of great icons!

Edit: Only one person voted for Xenoblade? I am sad now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, are you sure you got the right winner?

I just found this envelope with "Kingdom: New Lands" inside backstage...
I'd like to pick up Kingdom: New Lands once I've finally had my fill of XC2

The game always looked interesting to me, I just need a nice icon to pull the trigger!

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
You know Neiteio, you really are the TITS (Truly Inspiring Thread Starter).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the excellent original Snake Pass and Steamworld Dig 2 icons didn't make it. These awards are a sham just like the Oscars.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If I was running the show, I'd throw out all the actual icons and give all the awards to fake ones like this:

zgqj2fvz3pdy.jpg

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
i am confused. Is this a real thing or did OP just made it up with all the time he had?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
i am confused. Is this a real thing or did OP just made it up with all the time he had?
Read the OP, son! These votes are based on real ballots cast by real posters!

And I actually whipped this together after wrapping deadline writing my stories for work. :-)

I also made the GameXplain OT in under a half-hour, Cerium can attest to that. I'm fast!