Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it day one, have played over 500 hours with it and it's still as good as it was on launch day. The D-pad still sucks ass though, which made me get an 8bitdo Pro Controller (for Celeste and Puyopuyo Tetris)

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Have one since April 2017, passed to my boyfriend on November 2017...and still going strong.

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
Zero issues after one year +. It's a fantastic controller. I was shocked by how much I love it as previous Nintendo controllers were not comfortable for me. Gives Xbox One controller a run for its money

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Still works and is the only way I can manage to play any Switch games. Joycons can stay in the trash where they belong.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mine still works perfectly since I've bought a year ago. Build quality is excellent better than my DS4 for sure.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Bought it day one, have played over 500 hours with it and it's still as good as it was on launch day. The D-pad still sucks ass though, which made me get an 8bitdo Pro Controller (for Celeste and Puyopuyo Tetris)

How is the 8bitdo d-pad?

Wow really? I cannot imagine playing Celeste with a dpad. Stick all the way for the constant diagonals and quick turns and movements.

As an NES baby, this reply hurts my soul.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Wow really? I cannot imagine playing Celeste with a dpad. Stick all the way for the constant diagonals and quick turns and movements.
It has 8-way controls so IMHO it's a perfect fit, I think the D-pad is the most perfect way to play it. Had a lot more problems with the Pro Controller and the JoyCon sticks.

How is the 8bitdo d-pad?

It's awesome. Well worth the purchase. As a bonus, it also works as a controller for my Android TV and Android phone games.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better than my Nintendo switch and it's joy cons I will tell you that much!!

But can't tell you if it's still working as my switch is dead lol

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the cool Xenoblade one, use it for a lot of PC games and I'm very happy with it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mine still works great. I don't use it very often, so it's not like it gets a lot of wear and tear, but it's still as comfy to use as it was on day one. Love that thing.

Sushigod7

Oct 26, 2017
One of the best controllers of all time and no issues with it. Its been used heavily hundreds of hours and traveling with it too.

Apr 9, 2018
Have used mine heavily for a year now, no issues other than the d pad issues which were there from the start and are well documented. Still a perfect controller for anything other than fighting games.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Since this thread is related to a pro controller-related question:

Is the Switch Pro Controller compatible with mostbPC games? If not, should I just get an Xbox One Controller instead?
It should work. Do note that it doesn't have analong triggers, which might be an issue for certain types of games.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Had mine since launch. Controller is in great shape, still has incredible battery life, and the dpad works great. Been using it for Hollow Knignt and have had no issues.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Fine? I never understood the "my controller basically fell apart after repeated use!" thing. I'd go to people's houses as kids and their shit would just be worn into the fucking ground. Control sticks with the rubber peeling, buttons sticking or outright not working. And I play(ed) sooooo many fucking games for years and years and never had something like that with any of my controllers. I go over to a friend's place one night to drink some beer, and I know God damn well the only thing he plays is MLB The Show, and his controller looks like it was built when Christ was a child.

What do people do with their controllers that make them degrade like that?

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
It's a great controller with exception to the D-pad. I should maybe look into modding mine. It's really comfy and the battery life is insane.

It feels like D-pads have been terrible for a while now. It'a a bit of an oversight on the part of console manufacturers. This isn't the late 90's anymore when it was seen as dying tech. There isn't that same push to make every game in 3D. There are plenty of games being made in 2D these days by indies and sometimes bigger developers and most of them would benefit from better d-pad controls. At least there is no modern d-pad quite as bad as the one on the Gamecube controller. That thing was basically unusable.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Me and the girlfriend have one and no problems here, only had them for a few months but still fine. Most deff one of my favorite controllers now.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Since this thread is related to a pro controller-related question:

Is the Switch Pro Controller compatible with mostbPC games? If not, should I just get an Xbox One Controller instead?

It's my main PC controller now, and thanks for the Steam Controller API it works even on games that don't have any controller support at all. Also, gyro is great for aiming.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
I use mine every day for playing games on Switch, Steam, and playtesting my game that I'm currently developing. Probably around 450-500 hours of use on that bad-boy and feels virtually the same as it did on launch day; I can prove that because I have a backup that I bought about a month ago that feels exactly the same as my primary. Incredible controller, and the gyro is wonderful when used with Steam. This controller would be worth over $100 in my eyes.

Jack Frost

Oct 25, 2017
I have had the Xenoblade controller since December and did the D-pad tape fix. Still my number one controller of all time.

hongcha

Oct 27, 2017
A few days ago I ordered a Japanese one from Amazon JP, and it arrived today. Works great and the dpad is awesome (no issues whatsoever, but time will tell how it holds up).

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
I am hoping monster hunter gets a limited edition pro controller but considering its just for the west I doubt it's happening

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
Battery stopped holding charge after about 8 months. It works when plugged in but no matter how long I leave it charging (Switch charger from the console as well) the second I unplug it it says the battery is dead.

I will send it off when I get round to it.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
It seems like my one has had a problem for the past few months. It's the Splatoon 2 edition and the issue is not the d-pad, rather it's the analogue stick. It sometimes doesn't read the input, especially when pressing up and it's frustrating. I googled to find out that my issue is concerning dust being trapped under the stick, so I tried cleaning it with a toothbrush and it actually helped a lot, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.