• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
Guardian Australia Article, Live Updates
*13 was a typo I forgot to delete, not sure of total account, all speculative.

In a statement, police have confirmed more information about what happened to end the attack. Here is their account of the incident:

About 3.30pm… emergency services were called to Westfield in Bondi Junction, following reports multiple people had been stabbed.

An officer attached to Eastern Suburbs police area command attended and was allegedly confronted by a man with a knife. The man allegedly lunged at the officer, before he was fatally shot.

The officer conducted CPR until the arrival of NSW ambulance paramedics, who worked on the man; however, he could not be revived.

It has been confirmed the man fatally stabbed six people in the centre before he was shot.

www.abc.net.au

Live: Six killed in mass stabbing at Sydney's Bondi Junction, lone police officer shoots attacker

Seven people have died and several people have been taken to hospital after a stabbing at a shopping centre in Bondi Junction.

View: https://x.com/guardianaus/status/1779077720342945998?s=61&t=1A5hx5OVxeMImFOYS1PcVg

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Horrific. Legitimately a fear of mine. I hope those in care pull through and the death toll doesn't rise.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's in the tweets, it's worth stating that it's not known to be terrorism at this point in time. It's speculation by random people on the internet.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
whoa wtf, that was a mall I used to visit regularly

I don't even know how to process this
those poor people, my thoughts are with their loved ones

Mar 21, 2018
This is so awful. What an utter tragedy. Used to go to the Westfield at the junction all the time. Such an incredibly rare thing to happen in Sydney.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Pretty crazy I was there last night, some of the footage…

That guy with the bollard fighting the guy off is a hero

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The guy stabbed a baby. Solo Cop took him out would have rather see him rot but he already had killed multiple people.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ive been back end of the guardian liveblog all day. fucking crazy saturday

peace to all the victims

bondi is so central. if you've ever been to bondi beach you passed by the junction, almost certainly. everybody in this city probably knows it at least a bit. this is insane

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Fuck me, I haven't watched/listened to the news all day. First I heard about it was this thread. This stuff always comes as a shock in your own backyard.

Nov 7, 2017
Use AU news sources for info. X has people referring to the perpetrator as "Islamic terrorist". Terrible tragedy. Thank god we don't have access to guns here.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In developing situation like these we shouldn't speculate and share unverifiable information, so let's just stick to what we know.

An unbearable tragedy has occurred and some families are going through a nightmare right now, let's learn from it and figure out how we can avoid history from repeating itself.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Saw this on the news earlier, this is terrible. RIP to the victims, and I can't fathom what their families are going through.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Crazy incident. Really unfortunate for us in Sydney where this type of thing, random attacks targeted at the public, just doesn't really happen... especially not in Bondi.

I feel terrible for those involved. I've read some of the descriptions of the scenes and its horrific.

I'm a bit curious to understand how we react to this.

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
That's awful, this kind of thing is extremely rare in Australia right? While we get active shooters in the US what feels like every other week I haven't heard about any kind of major attacks in Australia in years.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
That's awful, this kind of thing is extremely rare in Australia right? While we get active shooters in the US what feels like every other week I haven't heard about any kind of major attacks in Australia in years.
The last major attack was Port Arthur in the 90s I think, John Howard, a conservative PM more or less banned guns outside certain narrow circumstances. Never been a mass shooting since. The shooting in NZ a few years ago was done by an Australian who I suspect couldn't do it in Australia because the guns weren't available here.

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
The last major attack was Port Arthur in the 90s I think, John Howard, a conservative PM more or less banned guns outside certain narrow circumstances. Never been a mass shooting since. The shooting in NZ a few years ago was done by an Australian who I suspect couldn't do it in Australia because the guns weren't available here.
I had that incident in the back in my mind when I wrote that post but it was the most recent attack of its kind until now? Wow that gun ban put in some work.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I had that incident in the back in my mind when I wrote that post but it was the most recent attack of its kind until now? Wow that gun ban put in some work.

I think there might have been other mass casualty events but they might have involved cars? Certainly the last one I remember covering wasn't Australian at all but was actually Christchurch.

Attacker Named

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Mental Illness... unsurprising considering how much this country does not give a flying fuck about it.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Mental Illness... unsurprising considering how much this country does not give a flying fuck about it.

How many countries actually care about mental illness?
I can name a few off the top of my head and most of them are part of the EU.

Edit: I am meaning I wish more would take it seriously. Have family in Oz and one who works with CYPS, their work stories are akin to horror stories when it comes to the government handling of such issues.