Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Set roughly 15 years after Rey's victory over Palpatine and the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The sequel delves into Rey's courageous endeavor to restore the Jedi Order, where she assumes the role of a mentor to two promising young students - a girl and a boy. As their training progresses, it becomes evident that the girl possesses an extraordinary abilities, destined to emerge as the future leader.

IMG-8541.jpg

Cameras start rolling in april 2024.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
"So uh, we fucked up Rey but we'll get it right with the next one honest."
- Disney.

Are they doing a passing the torch already from Rey? I'm surprised at this, though maybe Ridley wouldn't come back for a trilogy.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
"An extraordinary abilities"? They can't even write the synopsis correctly.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh boy the girl being the special one again is REALLY going to go over well with the usual crowd. /s

Really hope they don't do the typical other student goes bad thing.

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
Makes me think the boy will actually have secret force powers never before seen or known. Or he'll be the one with ancient ancestry lol.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not loving the extraordinary power nonsense. Just being normal ass Jedi is special enough. ST already royally shit the bed because they couldn't just let Rey be a nobody and had to make her extra super special. Exploring this new Jedi Order, what it means to Rey and to the galaxy is an interesting enough concept though, so hopefully they can do it right and have a clear vision of what the fuck they want to say with this new trilogy. They don't need to plan out every detail, but at least know what it is you're trying to say with the broader themes and direction.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I will never grow tired of the fact that the majority of Jedi-oriented Star Wars media tries to drive home that establishing a dogmatic organization that teaches people how to harness a source of magic that can effectively mind control you if you throw one too many temper tantrums has never once been a net positive for the galaxy at large for an extended period of time.

And yet they all end with: "Anyway, we're gonna try it again!"

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I really do have high hopes for this. I liked a lot of the ST characters, Rey especially. In some ways, the characters were at the mercy of the writing done for them, kinda like the PT. I imagine Rey being the teacher and the girl student being special in some way is going to make certain corners of the internet star frothing at the mouth, but fuck em.

I hope this turns out great.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
At this point I want them to go full looney tunes with it. Like, an asteroid hits the new jedi academy, the boy somehow assumes Rey did it, and they go remake the Empire yet again

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why some of y'all keep posting in Star Wars threads if these are some of the reactions y'all have.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
im down for a new trilogy of movies but this sounds like its just covering the same ground we've seen for 40 years of Star Wars movies.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Jokes aside, I'm down. And happy for the kids that grew up with the sequel trilogy and get to have more movies featuring the characters they love.

Oct 27, 2017
So it sounds like the new order doesn't actually exist yet and these are her first two students? Finn as a Jedi dream found dead in a ditch.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
FYI this is not a real synopsis. Production Weekly doesn't get plot scoops. It's a resource for filming dates/locations. "Star Wars: New Jedi Order" isn't even the official title of the movie, it's just a fan name (for now at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.